You can also play Dark Warriors on
Back to post list
Back a step

_Rogue_

[+1] [-1]

Subject: A Dark Purpose
Fintan was in high spirits. He had what he felt was the cause of the murders in the Helios region in chains, and a gryphon head tied to his saddle. The gryphon head was due to the gryphon protector of part of the forest refusing to let the hunting party through. Though Robert, the Oric Highlander, was giving Fintan disapproving looks for taking a wolf in to custody with no more evidence than a testimony of an eight year old girl and his own dislike for the wolf. However, after four days of Usko's capture, the beast had not killed again. Things were not looking good for the wolf. But unbeknownst to the hunters, an ill scheme had been made.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A monstrous beast roared in it's cage. It bore a long snout with fangs over four inches long, and claws twice that. It's claws seemed to be like hooves. It stood near the size of a small horse, ramming it's cage walls with such force it is a wonder the metal did not bend and break. The noise attracted a woman in black and purple robes, holding a golden staff with a purple gem on it's tip. Her raven black hair fell down behind her back. Bangles and bracelets clattered on her arms as she made her way towards the beast.

"Easy my pet, you will soon be let out again. As soon as Fintan kills that wolf, you will be let free again." She cooed. Her hand went through the bars of the cage and softly stroked the coarse hair of the beast. "Girl! Where the hell are you!"

Danni entered the room, fiddling with her tie that kept her long platinum hair back in a que. Dressed in black, silver, and bright green long sleeved cloak with three coat tails at the end, she looked a little out of place. A voodoo doll was wrapped around her waist in a hug, watching and grinning away with its eternal sharptooth smile as if it had secrets. "Don't worry! I'm here! How's the plan going?"

"From what I can tell..." Morgana walked out of the room that held her ''pet'' and in to her workshop just next door. "Fintan has captured the wolf Usko, and has it caged within his tent."

She tapped a pool of water with the tip of her staff. It rippled slightly, but as it became clear again it showed something. Fintan seated in his tent, two pistols lay on his desk pointed towards the entrance. Three men were with him, one a man in a skirt by the looks of it, another in armor, and the other in a leather hubrack. They were carefully watching Usko in his cage. The cage was just large enough to let the wolf stand and move around, but not enough that he could get much energy out. There have been no attacks in four days, and I plan to keep it that way until he kills the wolf.

The Charmcaster grinned "Good, that's really good... Now that Usko is out of the way, I can get what I want without much trouble." she frowned slightly "Unless my brother finds her first... He better not! Thinking he can have everything... the prick!" She looked at the pool's surface "Though he would make for a nice coat."

"You still have the other two to deal with though. That idiot wolf won't be much problem. But that other one is smart....she won't be as easily distracted..." The sorceress tapped the pool again, causing the image to vanish.

The other shrugged "True... but my friend can deal with the smart wolf." She pet the doll on the head, the stitched grin on its face seemed to grow wider at the idea. I can just make a butterfly for the idiot then I can take the girl's power!"

"...That really is a disturbing object" Morganna stated looking at the doll. "But if you are certain it will be no trouble, I shall leave you to that then."

"It won't be too much trouble." she glanced at the beast in its cage "You're going to have fun using it against Fintan aren't you?" she rolled two stone eggs, with runic designs carved into them, in her hand

"Oh yes...that little bastard is going to get what's coming to him."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The camp had a large feast the night that everyone returned. The food was deer and boar, along with wild growing fruits of the earth. They all felt a great relief that the beast was captured. Many of them took what ever chance they could to pat Fintan on the back and congratulate him. Others, fussed and argued about bringing the beast back alive.

"Well met, Sir!" said one Arelian who Fintan recognized as a soldier he once served with.

"Thank you, Eric." Fintan returned

"Ook ake ooman!" Yelled an orc as he fell off his stool, drunk.

"Thank you...I think..." Fintan said looking over at the wolf. Usko lay in his cage, glaring at Fintan. He did his best to ignore the taunts from a pair of Westlanders who were poking him with bones from the deer.

"Beasty want some deer?"

"Or maybe a bit of me" One of them shook their backside at the wolf, taunting it to try and come out of the cage. Fintan gave Usko a look that said 'If you did, I would not stop you.'

"I says we kill it!" Shouted Yelshe as she lifted her spear. She was met with shouts of agreement.

"Fintan said we keep it a month! We keep it a month!" Shouted an Arelian hunter with his hand on his pistol. The Arelians agreed with their compatriot. A loud argument broke out in less than a minute. Fintan pushed his way through the feuding people to find Robert. "Get Usko in to my tent, and cover his cage. I don't want these idiots getting any bright ideas."

"Aye, consider it done." Robert ran to Usko's cage and dragged it in to Fintan's tent carefully, then covered it with a second kilt.

Outside of the tent, Fintan fired a pistol in to the air. "ENOUGH!" Everyone stopped their bickering. "The Beast will not be killed by anyone but me, and not until the time comes. Anyone who takes one move towards it will be shot!" Fintan went in to his tent as the people went back to their chores about the camp.

Time Posted: May 1 2011 08:40 pm EDT
Last updated: May 6 2011 11:41 pm EDT

Replies:

Add reply:
Subject:
Body: