You can also play Dark Warriors on
Back to post list
Back a step

_Rogue_

[+1] [-1]

Subject: Something Askew
Tensions were growing higher in the camp. Many of the superstitious Westlanders, and all of the Northlanders, were feeling that having "The Beast" in the camp was bringing bad luck. They blamed everything from splinters, to the common cold on the wolf. The stress that caused the blindness for logic in Fintan was lessening in spite of the superstitious fools. It was when Arelian traditions took place, that the clouds in Fintan's eyes vanished...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Robert, bring me the Master at Arms of the camp please..." Fintan was seated at his desk in his tent. He was filling out papers of recommendation for a reward. He leaned back after signing the last one named all those who gave information that led to the capture of The Beast. Then, he looked at Usko.

"It's been nearly a week you know...no one else has been attacked. It's not looking good for you." Fintan was almost regretting having to kill Usko. For the sole reason of he was different than the other wolves that had been killed. Usko had a personality Fintan had seen, and a family. Before Usko could possibly answer Fintan, Robert's voice came from outside.

"I have him, Fintan."

"Well send him in."

"I don't think you want him in your tent...."

"...Why not?"

"Come find out."

Fintan sighed and stood up. He walked around his desk, dragging a pistol off of it along the way. As he ducked under his tent flap he tucked the pistol in to his belt and plopped his hat on his head. Instantly, Fintan both saw and smelled the reason. He was shocked to learn the Master at Arms was an orc from the Northlands.

The orc stood around five and ahalf feet off the ground, as he was only a head shorter than Fintan. He had a long scar down his face, and no nose to speak of because of it. An eye patch over his left eye. Sparse black hair covered his head, and ears. In his hand was an ill cared for musket that had half of it's barrel crudely chopped off. Leather armor with metal plates covered him. The moment Fintan rose a brow at how this was the master at arms, the orc spat on the ground. "Wha ya wan?"

"I would like..." Fintan pulled his handkerchief from his pocket and covered his nose with it. "You to tell me the whereabouts of the gentleman who brought the young girl to our camp."
"A dunno..." The orc spat again. "E saa somfin bot the Andivib comp."

"...The what camp?

"The Ondovin camp, Sir." Robert translated.

"That's quite a ways to bring a girl..." Fintan muttered. The Ondovin camp was full of only Westlanders, and a few elves from Borine. It was over fifteen miles away, near the tip of the lake. "Very well, what did we do with the girl's parents?"

"Wa paments? E din fon na paments."

"No parents....blood trail? Maybe they were eaten by the beast?" Which would be odd. The beast never ate all of it's victims.

"Na bod."

"Fine...what about the girl?"

"Gim er ta Dogcin."

"Who?"

"Dodcine, Fintan. Rumor is, she's a crone that lives just outside of the city of Helios...I thought you knew this?"

"Why would I know it?"

"Oo dold us gim er bo er."

"I gave no such order..."

"She told us, that you said to take her to Dodcine..."

Fintan suddenly looked puzzled. "Robert, saddle the horses, we're going to Ondovin. What was the man's name, did anyone catch it?"

"Esen." The orc grunted.

"Ashton." Robert translated as he walked away to saddle the horses.

Fintan went in to his tent and grabbed his rapier. He looked at it with discontent. It was a cup hilt weapon that served little purpose other than being on his side. He did not even trust the blade to cut if it was needed. Never the less he put it on his side as he walked out of the tent, and pulled his coat over it. As he stepped out, Edward and Minarebe passed by. He grabbed both of them by the collars of their shirts and pulled them to him. "Take post inside. No one goes in to that tent, and that wolf is not touched. Understand?"

Minarebe nodded his head quickly. "Undurin" The Dwarf word for "Understood."

"Erocin..." Edward said shakily in Elven.

"YOU!" He let the two go and turned to the orc who was standing there like an idiot for what ever reason. Striding over, he grabbed the creature by the metal collar of his armor and hefted him up so they were face to face. "You are to kill anyone who makes an attempt at going in that tent. Crlic?"

"Understood perfectly, Mi'lord..." The orc was so startled by the former highwayman that perfect English came out.

"Good." Fintan set the orc down and went to find Robert and the horses.

Time Posted: May 2 2011 12:16 pm EDT
Last updated: May 6 2011 11:41 pm EDT

Replies:

Add reply:
Subject:
Body: