You can also play Dark Warriors on
Back to post list
Back a step

Fintan_de_Marin

[+1] [-1]

Subject: The Truth

With the fog lifted from his judgment, Fintan set out with Robert to the Westland hunting camp. The entire trip, Robert was wondering what his comrade had planned. But when they arrived they got the surprise of their lives.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"We weren't expectin' to see you here anytime soon." The valet as he took the horses from Robert and Fintan.

"Yes, I know...get your Master at Arms. I wish to speak to him." Fintan sounded annoyed, along with worried.

"Of course, Lord de Marin...this way." The valet led Fintan and Robert to a private tent where he poured both of them a glass of wine before going to get the master at arms. The two Arelians sat quietly, neither touching the wine. The master at arms entered within seconds. An elf, around Fintan's height. By the very dark color of his hair, he was young.

"I am Vintigne, the Master at Arms for the camp. How can I help you gentelmen?"

"Master Vintigne, an honor to know you." Fintan stood and bowed shortly. "I was hoping you could tell me how many men you have by the name of Ashton in your camp? I look for one in particular. He brought a girl to my camp who was wounded by the beast. I wish to reward him."

"I have no men in this camp by the name Ashton, Lord de Marin."

"I did not think so. Thank you, Master Vintigne. Avalon protect you." Fintan bowed and started out of the Inn

"And the Grace defend you." The elf replied in the oldest elf fashion.

Fintan and Robert left quickly. "It was Morgana le Fay. The name Ashton was the name of one of her pupils long ago. She's a ..."

"I know who she is Fintan. What do you plan to do?"

"Warn Edward and Minarebe. She has been using Usko."

"You're kidding?"

Fintan did not answer. Nor did he say anything on the way back to the camp. When he arrived he did not stop until he came to his tent. He swung off quickly and pulled the orc, who had not left his charged post, out of the way

"Wa baze oo boin ooman?!" The orc asked as Fintan pushed him aside and strode in to his tent where Usko was held. Fintan was removing his coat as he walked. Once it was off, he threw it behind him. It would have landed on the orc if Robert had not caught it.

"That could have gotten rather odorous." he muttered.

Fintan rolled back his sleeve and looked at Usko carefully. "I am going to stick my arm in to the cage. You are to bite down, but do not tear skin. If you do, you will be shot, do you understand?"

Usko rolled his eyes at the man. {No, I don't. Can you explain it a little more simple for me? That just went over my head.} he snorted, {I'm in a cage, you ass. Do you honestly think, I'm going to rip your arm off while trapped? So yeah, I understand.}

"Just bite hard enough to leave a soft mark..." Fintan slid his arm in to the cage slowly. His hand on his pistol just in case the wolf got a wild hair.

{Yeah yeah... want me to give you a little nibble on the ear to make it better?} the wolf sneered before he opened his jaws and bit on the offered arm; at least firmly enough to leave a mark on the flesh. After a minute to keeping his teeth on him, just to make sure the mark didn't vanish too fast, Usko released Fintan's arm and resisted the urge drool on him out of spite. {There... happy? Want me to leave a mark on your ass too? Just for sweet, sweet memories?}

Fintan frowned at Usko and picked up the compass he used to measure the marks on the girl a week ago. "....Usko, give me your paw..." He said with a risen brow.

The wolf padded closer to the cage's opening to make it easier and offered his right fore paw without much of a fuss. Whatever Fintan was doing, it was better than being jabbed with deer bones. He made a metal note to give those two Westlanders a little pay back after he would be released.

Fintan took the paw and held it up to look at the nails. They were sharper than the blunt claw used on the girl, and not nearly long enough "The rest of you...get out..."
"Fintan, what are you..." Edward was cut off as Fintan rose up and pulled a pistol.

"I SAID OUT! DO NOT QUESTION ME!" All four of them ran out of the tent quickly. Fintan turned, his pistol leveled towards Usko.

Usko blinked at the weapon and backed up in the cage slowly, growling in warning. {What the hell do you think you're doing?} He bared his teeth, if Fintan was thinking what the wolf thought he was thinking then Usko wasn't going to make it easy. Even if he died, he had no intention of letting Fintan walk out of his tent unscathed.

Fintan grabbed the seat cushion of his chair and covered his pistol barrel. "I have reason to believe that Twili is at the Inn. You have five minutes to get as far away from this camp as you can before I raise the alarm." With that, he fired the gun. Aside from the hiss of the priming powder going off, and the smell of sulfur it was almost impossible to know it went off. The cushion acted as a silencer. The lock on the cage busted in to pieces, and Fintan opened the gate. "Now get to Twili and tell her to watch for the hunters in the forest. I know you don't like it, but the city is the safest place for you four at the moment.

Usko stared in confusion for a few seconds. He was shocked Fintan was helping him. {The city? Well doesn't that just make everything peachy.} the wolf sighed, {But fine, I'll get them there. At least you're not that much of an idiot.} He padded out of the cage. {You do realize, this isn't going to make Twili trust you anymore than she can throw you. And I really don't blame her but...} He couldn't believe he was going to say this, {Thank you.}

Fintan nodded as he worked at loosening the gate with his broad sword. "And watch your own back...someone was clearly trying to get you away from Twili. The girl's description fit you perfectly, but measurement's don't. Watch out for a dark hair sorceress in black and purple. She can not be trusted at all. If you see her, do what you can to kill her. You have four and a half minutes, I suggest you run." Fintan reloaded his pistol with powder, ready to signal the alarm.

{Yeah yeah, I love you too, Fintan.} Usko flicked his tongue mockingly, like someone would do a mock kiss for a insult. Then he turned and ran out, sticking to and using the shadows of the tents and supplies as cover as he went and did his best to not startle any horses. He didn't want to have a mob on his tail too early.

Fintan kept a watch on his pocketwatch. At three and a half minutes, he primed it. At two and a half, he poured in the main charge. He packed it down at one and a half, at one minute he loaded the shot, at half a minute he cocked it. When the time was up, he counted to twenty for good measure, and to give Usko an extra edge. "Morgana you bitch...The next time I fire this will be at your head." He muttered as he leveled with the back of the tent. He kicked the cage door, sending it off the henges. "ESCAPE! THE WOLF GOT OUT!" he sent a blast of fog at the back of the tent. It ruffled the edge as if a creature had just left. Then, he fired. The others rushed in and fired over Fintan. "The beast mocked me! HE left me alive on purpose! I WANT HIS HEAD! ONE THOUSAND GRIFFS TO WHO EVER BRINGS IT!" He shouted struggling to his feet despite that he was fine.

Time Posted: May 3 2011 08:07 pm EDT
Last updated: May 6 2011 11:41 pm EDT

Replies:

Add reply:
Subject:
Body: