You can also play Dark Warriors on
Back to post list
Back a step

Fintan_de_Marin

[+1] [-1]

Subject: A Decliration of War
People are never happy with their governments. They are merely content. When the promise of something better comes along, it is believed to be true, and the people rebel. But sometimes, the promise is not always kept, the people realize they were wrong. Many times, it can not be reversed, but at other times, the door needs only to be opened.

The Arelian Civil War cost the Empire much. It's coffers were nearly empty, the Mother Country and the Colonies were torn in to Royalist and Commonwealth factions. Boudicca was executed at the hand of her own, treacherous, husband. The Gryphons and other beasts who had originally formed the Kingdom of Gurie, the seat of the mighty empire, were banished or put to the sword. Many of the nobles had taken shelter with their Westland allies, the old feuds being put aside to avoid further bloodshed. Princess Keeva le Gurie was among them, being offered shelter in the High King's own castle. Her eldest sister, Molly, who would have gained control of the Royalist faction but passed it over to her more qualified sister, took the protection offered to her from the Borine Elves. The Empire, for now, had ceased to exist.

But now, people of Arelia saw that the new Parliament was worse than any tyrant had been, and Camdules was out of control with his power. Even the Orinans, who had only recently been freed from their vampire over lords, were wishing their former undead leaders were still undead. It was the Oric Highlanders who led the first revolt against the Commonwealth. Though it resulted in failure and a massacre word spread. When the news reached Keeva in the Westlands hope shined in her heart. The Daroners refused their warm furs to anyone connected with the government. Hydroinans scullied their own ships in the shallowest of waters, preventing any other ships from coming in. The Common wealth was in disarray, and the people demanding the Royal family be reinstated. It was not until the Kilmirna Forests became swarming with highwaymen, based off the legend of Silver Rose, did Keeva move to act. But the Commonwealth was not going to go down without a fight...

The small room had maybe thirty people packed in to it. Every once in a while someone would make an exclamation with a sword scabbard tip hit them. The conditions were cramped, but necessary. If they met in a larger room, it could draw unneeded attention. The men were all covered in bright and flaunting clothing, the most flaunting of them was Fintan in his bright green velvet, and large plumed hat. He stood beside Keeva at the head of the table. She alone was seated, trying to call everyone to order. After a very loud roar from Fionoch, they silenced and faced their future queen.

"The people want their queen, and by Avalon they will have her!" Keeva exclaimed. There were a few 'here here', but also shouts of objection.
"It was that brazen rush in to battle that lost us power!" Shouted one of the thirty lords.
"The people are with us, how can we loose?" Argued another. The room was instantly filled with unintelligible arguments. For over ten minutes they argued until they were forcefully silenced by a pistol shot. Fintan lowered his arm, the pistol smoking as he returned it to his belt.

"Gentlemen!" He called. "Whilst we bicker like birds over bread the Commonwealth works to silence the people The time to strike is now! We all know this, why do we fight amongst ourselves? To give the bards another romantically cliché story to sing?" A few people laughed, including a giggle from Keeva.

"Their strength..." The lord was cut off

"Is weak, Captain Daccat holds power in the seas around Arelia. Our rangers own their highways. They have maybe at most one hundred cannons, and ten thousand men."

"And we've only half of that!" the lord asserted.

"What did you think the alliance with the Elves, Westlands, Rogricans, and Dragons were for? To pass the time? Nay...more stories." Fintan was given a scornful look from most of the opposing lords. "One thousand musketeers stand ready to take the Empire from these usurpers. Each of my men will fight with the fury of Infrean! If you are all to cowardly to join us...then you shall be the ones to tell your grandchildren your lives and honor were too precious to fight for your country!" Those last words caused another uproar. Over half the lords felt Fintan had gone too far.

"Who are you to speak of courage? Where were you during the start of the war? I heard you were bedding a barmaid in Ordin." The lord who yelled that caused an even louder uproar, all in Fintan's favor by even those opposed.

"He was following Boudicca's orders, Lord Carltan!" Keeva yelled to silence them. "I have made my mind. I shall speak with my advisers, and by dawn we will march, or flee." Keeva stood, then leaned to Fintan. "Bring Heroc and Gealech to my chambers by the eight evening hour." She whispered, then worked her way out of the room.

"Well met Gentlemen...you have made fools of yourselves in front of our future queen." Fionoch stated, following Keeva out.

~~~~~~

That evening, once Fintan had found Heroc and Gealech, were in the Phoenix Inn. Keeva's room was one of the larger ones. Despite that it was a meeting of the queen and her three chosen advisers, it was a very informal meeting. Keeva lay back on her bed, her pillow over her face. Gealech sat on the edge of the bed. Fintan leaned against the wall, his doublet had long been removed, and his collar was untied and his sleeves rolled up. Heroc was leaning heavily on his staff.

"I will be swift...I am tired...Gealech...what do you think of attacking?"

"I am for it, Your Highness."

"Fintan?"

"I am with you until the end of times, Your Highness."

"Heroc?"

"I feel Avalon is with us, we can not loose."

"Then we march"

Time Posted: May 8 2011 10:31 pm EDT
Last updated: May 11 2011 03:22 pm EDT

Replies:

Add reply:
Subject: