You can also play Dark Warriors on
Back to post list
Back a step

Edulahin

[+1] [-1]

Subject: Cheating
I do not aprove cheating, as i find it booring. To cheat in a game is to kill the fun and sort of makes you undeserving of the archivements you acomplish

It is incredible how easilly people condem cheating with out considering the motivation that takes a player to cheat.

1. Unwinable scenarios. Some games have this imposible scenarios in wich some times the computer even glitch against the player... things like arrows passing through shields and killing the players, Imposible bosses.
I know that there is not really an unwinable scenario as that makes no sence for a game.
Some game have this imposible bosses to beat through RP desitions, instead of brute force.
But some Games have these imposible bosses that require special guns and and stats only archivable through the investment of money.

Now if a free user has no real posibility to invest money into a game, that becomes an unwinable scenario. It ends the game developement for him and his only way arround would be to hack the game and cheat, to keep playing, or stop playing at all.

2. Too much time consuming paradox. A player wants action and fun and he wants it fast. Some games have a very slow developement system. When the gamer does not have the real time required to make a proper developement, he knows he wont advance in the game if he cant put more time to it. So the level of frustration rises and the player needs to speed up the game developement.
So he cheats to skip all these time wasted in everithing is not fun.

I remember playing a Game named Crusade. It required Real time to do attacks and pererinations... im speakin of weeks and monts. I inmediatly stoped playing, as a game that slow is not even worth playing. It was pretty much a DW but in this one your outpost is a bad ass town in wish you send yout troops into attack. and you get the tokens 1 week later.

3. The freeloader vs spender crack in the moral code.

A spender gets frustrated and boored of the normal developement of the game. So he spends money and he gains an incredible advantage over the rest of the players allowing him to beat down opponets that would take them ages if their haddent spent.

But he paid for it, so this super high and fast developement is not a cheat as he paid for it.

But then the free user says. "wait a second, these rich guys just beated down my 3 years work in a second just cuz they are rich. Fuck them, fuck the greedy game, spending is just as cheating, only that the game owner wants the cash so he allows it. So with that moral crack on his right or wrong judgment he goes and cheat the game to reestore proper balance.

Specially when a hard working free user feels there is no hope after getting bated over and over again by richer players.

Some would say that is envy. In part they are right. The player who is not rich in real life brings to the game his frustrations, he struggles every day in the real world and Games are some sort of scape. getting beaten down in game by the rich guys is like the reminder that even in the game he is going to be stepped on by the same ppl that step on him/her in real life. The game instead of becoming a release or a fun thing becomes another frustration. So they cheat, why, to beat down the reach kids with out spending money and making them the fools.

Dark warrior has tons of these unwinable scenarios, and is a slow developement game and is very frustrating on many aspects. And has a house of elite players that not only gained their status via spending but also enjoy making the full use of their advantage to step down and diminish others. Doing everything in their power to slow them down in any posible way. Wish is actually a very cruel way to be, but hey, they didnt became richer by caring about others in the first place.

Wich brings to the 4rth reason to cheat.
Nobody cares about my problems why should i care about their rules. Rich dont play by the rules, they pay to get their shorcuts.

5th reason to cheat... Booring repetitive actions. These are necesary for developent, but are a pain and not bore at all. Then the player says, wait, Imma make a script to do all this booring clicking for me and so i have what i need to play the fun parts.

DW jail is fill with cheaters. But honestly i cannot blame them. This is one of the most frustrating games I-ve ever plaid. Also it gets super booring after a couple ours of monotony.

Some ppl cannot handle such levels of stress and frustration.

Im lucky im such a sturbon guy with a hinch of insanity who takes unnatural pleasure in taking up imposible quests and just trying and trying.

But I do feel for those who fall under frustration and thats why i always encourage the game developers to create more areas in wish free users can develope and glow with out getting step on by the rich.

Time Posted: August 14 2014 10:22 am EDT
Last updated: September 1 2014 02:23 pm EDT

Replies:

Add reply:
Subject:
Body: