You can also play Dark Warriors on
Back to post list
Back a step

Eddie_the_Kid

[+1] [-1]

Subject: Response
There is a big differnce between using elements in a CBR and using sapphires or reset tokens in CPR. Using elements allows you to kill more, but still requires the skill, effort and determination to actually do that killing or the element serves no purpose towards the CBR. Reseting fishing casts is however completely different due to the lack of skill involved. Furthermore, your comparison that they are of the same ilk would only be true if there was some way to sink ships more after using an item. This would be the most comparable aspect of CPR using resources and using CBR ones. As such an aspect does not at this time exist then a comparison could be made.

At no point did I argue against merchant flags. They have always existed and are a valid strategy to preventing your clan a loss of points, although not the only one.

Again a comparison to the CBR where one does not exist. The CBR last I checked was only scored on killing, and there is no way to generate points like the current scoring system allows for fishing in the CPR. Again, with no grounds to make this comparison in the current form, your comparison cannot be logically made in this aspect.

You are only strengthening my argument here as anyone that does look at the CPR scores can clearly see that while the first two may be similar in the distribution of points between fishing and sinking, all of the top scores show an extreme heavy imbalance between fishing and sinking, further emphasizing the point that the current scoring system has created a fishing competition and not a seafare one.

Time Posted: February 5 2011 05:08 am EST
Last updated: February 5 2011 02:37 pm EST

Replies:

Add reply:
Subject:
Body: