You can also play Dark Warriors on
Back to post list
Back a step

Eddie_the_Kid

[+1] [-1]

Subject: Response
You may agree with Onion, but you did not comment on my response that elements in CBR and reseting fishing casts are not in fact comparable. Using an element drops your level and allows you to kill more, but there is no corresponding option in CPR for killing, only for fishing. This was the first reason the two can not be compared while the second was that yes elements allow you to kill more, but there is actual work and endurance involved, you are not just handed points; this isnt the case with those that reset their fishing casts. A third differnce would be that while you use elements to kill more, there is still a limit on the number of kills where as fishing there is a seemingly unlimited supply of fish and you dont have people competing for the same fish... this may actually be a third way to solve the issue but not sure about how hard or easy it would be to implement it.

The rich may have a better chance of winning a CBR, but even the richest clan will still lose if they do not show the skill needed. Since this isn't needed with fishing it becomes about who is the richest alone when it doesnt need too. Unlike the CBR the system is still new for CPR and can be changed to support a fair playing field that would allow any clan to compete if they are willing to develop.

You are now the third or fourth person to not read all of the posts and see that I am in no way suggesting a return to the previous imbalance. I have stated more then once that the previous system was in need of a change, but that the change has been showing to be too drastic. This is why I suggested a scoring system inbetween those of the previous and current. Also as stated before, my purpose here has always been to support and try to find a balance, not support either imbalanced system. And for the record, I did not sink friends unless I was competing against their clan last month; so while my getting third does show their was an imbalance, something I have already stated a handful of times now, your theory on how I got there is just false.

I have already explained here and elsewhere how the reseting casts is differnt from using elements to kill more. Another difference between the two is the simple fact that unlike the CBR, the CPR has two sources of points. My point is that as their is two sources of points and it is the CPR and not just a fishing contest, they should be given equal weighting.

Time Posted: February 5 2011 01:07 pm EST
Last updated: February 5 2011 02:37 pm EST

Replies:

Add reply:
Subject:
Body: