You can also play Dark Warriors on
Back to post list
Back a step

Leahe

[+1] [-1]

Subject: an old friend
The three of them ran into the stables, they defiantly didn’t have much time now. Drago scanned the gathered horses. He knew he was here. He just knew it. Then he spotted a pitch black horse in the back and he grinned. He ran over and vaulted onto the back of the horse and whispered to him “Long time no see, Vanlore.”

You too, Drago. The horse responded with a bob of his head as Drago vaulted up onto his back.

“We gotta move and fast.”

Of course. And Vanlor walked out of the stables, followed by Solon and Araman who had likewise chosen horses.

Drago and the two sat in wait for an opening and then silently slipped out of the city. They soon heard shouts of alarm behind them and they took off at a full gallop. Araman’s roan horse galloped alongside Vanlor, Solon’s brown a pace or two behind. Drago focused on the horizon, which was brightening as the sun rose above it, his green eyes narrowed and shaggy black hair slicked back in the wind.

He wondered if he should tell them. About whom he was. What he was. But decided against it. I’ll tell them if they ask. He concluded as they galloped down the trail.

• • •

At midday they stopped to rest. They were way ahead of the Weduioians… if they were following.

Solon had repeatedly pestered him. For example:

“Drago, w—“ Solon began.

“Shut up and keep riding.” Drago interrupted.

“Well, Dra—“

“Ask me what you want when we stop for a rest.”

Solon said nothing else after that.

Now was that time, and Drago was delaying as much as he could.

“So Vanlor, it’s been a looong time.”

Tell me about it.

“Not since the battle on the shores of Rexanos.”

Thirty some years… long time.

“Too long, buddy.” Drago said with a chuckle and he stroked Vanlor’s head. The horse whinnied. “I’ll talk to you later.” And he turned and walked back to the others, smiling.

As Drago approached Solon quickly asked, “Who exactly are you?”

Drago furrowed his eyebrows, his features suddenly serious. Could he really trust these people? He looked from Araman to Solon. When he looked at them he instead saw David and Skylar. Skylar, the son of Apollo, and David the son of Athena. But not all people that looked like them were actually children of those two Olympians. He could only suspect until it was proven... and who knew when that would be.

Drago stared into Solon’s eyes and said, deciding he would tell at least a little, he then shifted his gaze to Araman and then back to Solon before saying, “Fine, but you must keep it secret until I say you no longer have to.”

Time Posted: April 20 2010 05:50 pm EDT
Last updated: May 9 2010 07:47 pm EDT

Replies:

Add reply:
Subject:
Body: