You can also play Dark Warriors on
Back to post list
Back a step

Fintan_de_Marin

[+1] [-1]

Subject: Twinkle, Twinkle Robbing Star

Fintan groaned as he leaned forward in the saddle. It was nearing midnight, and still no one had come across his chosen part of the road. He had never made a robbery before without assurance that his prey would cross his path. In fact, this was his first solo ride. The other four members of the Rose Highwaymen were either settled down or serving only as soldiers.

Sitting upright in the saddle, Fintan clicked his tongue. He had no intention of wasting an entire night out on the highway when no one was out. As he started to steer his horse, the most cliché of events occurred; a coach bearing a crest on the door came speeding down the road.

The crest was beyond familiar to Fintan. It was one he once cared for, long ago when he was more brash and foolish. She was one of the nobles during the tensions between the Empire and the Westlands. Unfortunately, Silver Rose crossed her path many times and robbed her of her great wealth. For a fifth or sixth time, Fintan had long lost count, Silver Rose would again rob Lady Hanna Linani.

"STAND AND DELIVER! YOUR MONEY OR YOUR LIFE!" Silver Rose cried, galloping in front of the coach with a pistol drawn. Out of fear, the horses pulling the coach stopped and reared back. Mist, Silver's horse, did not seem to care about the loud noises nor the terror in the other two horses.

"I've not much money sir." The coachman stated, throwing his small purse of gold to Silver, who caught it quickly with his free hand.

"That'll do." He gestured his pistol, telling the man without words to get off of the coach. Without question, the coachman did just that. Navigating his horse over to the window of the coach. The platinum blonde woman flashed a fanged smile to him, trying to act as if she did not know what was happening.

"Your money or life, Mi'lady" He stated, smirking.

"Surely, Silver Rose, you know I've no money left. You've taken it all already, along with my heart." Her left hand could not be seen under her dress as it moved in a motion that made even Fintan flush red.

"I shan't leave here without what ever wealth you've with you. And if you've not any money left where did you get those opal studded earrings, and necklace?"

"Family heirlooms, my mother left them to me." She remarked just as innocently as before.

"You lie, your mother is a vampire as much as you. She can not pass on to leave anything."

"Is there nothing else I can give to you, in return for letting me go?" Fintan heard the ruffle of fabric, as he noticed her dress being hiked up showing off her lower legs.

"I think not...I do not care to visit the apothecary because of a flaming sword, or the sudden existence of the sea's bounty."

Hanna's face was suddenly drained of color. She pulled her hand from under her dress, holding a pistol. She had been preparing it for one reason or another. It was thrust in to Fintan's face, nearly touching his nose. "How dare you, insult me you insolate peasant."

"I should remove that from his face if I were you Lady Linani" A voice from the other side of the coach spoke.

Straddling a black stallion was a man in black. Breeches of tan doeskin were fitted without a wrinkle. His boots came up to the knee and were as dark as his steed. Fintan could not see the spurs he wore, which would have told the Rose more than anything else. A white shirt with almost as much lace as Fintan was worn under a black silk waistcoat that had silver and gold starry designs. His coat was obviously velvet with silver celestial trimming. He wore a tri-corn hat, void of any decoration, but it covered his hair and the majority of the mask that the black clad highwayman wore.

"Have you gotten so old fashioned, Silver Rose that you must depend on another accomplice?" She lowered her pistol. "I can see I will not leave here alive, or untouched, otherwise." Reaching under the seat across from her, and pulled out two pouches of gold. She threw one to each of the highwaymen.

"Neither of us would touch you, Lady Linani, as I have the same wish as my fellow highwayman." Remarked the new arrival as he caught the money. Hanna gave the man a very harsh look that could have burned a hole through one's soul.

"I thank you, Miss Linani for you generous donation." Silver said, moving away from the coach. "Have a good evening." He fired a shot in to the air. The spooked coach horses reared back again and took off at a gallop.

"I will see you both hanged!" She screamed as the coach barreled down the road. The two highwaymen laughed at the threat. Silver did so only because he knew he was far superior than anyone Hanna could send after him.

"You shall have to forgive me." Fintan stated to the other rider, his laughter subsiding. "But I'm not quite familiar with your symbol."

"I go by Silver Star." He stated, counting the money. "No need for me to ask of you. You're well known amongst the riders. ....Even if your clothing is far outdated." He laughed slightly.

"I beg your pardon?" Fintan was about to ride away, but stopped at what he considered an insult.

"You heard me, Silver." The highwayman looked up and tucked his money away. "Your wardrobe is drastically outdated. No one wears thigh high boots, a doublet, and a cavalier hat any longer. You should spend some of that to update yourself." With that, Silver Star spurred his horse, galloping away from Fintan.

"Pompous ass." Fintan turned Mist around, and headed towards the Phoenix Inn

Time Posted: October 23 2011 02:24 pm EDT
Last updated: December 3 2011 02:15 pm EST

Replies:

Add reply:
Subject:
Body: