You can also play Dark Warriors on
Back to post list
Back a step

_Andrew_

[+1] [-1]

Subject: Hour Three
Zosimos took the book and scanned its pages. He held the book in front of him, opened to the first page – the page with the sketch of the Demon Wolf. “I reckon you’ve already seen this and recognized it as the beast outside the cave? Correct?”

Michael nodded “Yeah.”

“This is the Jager. It comes to enact punishment on those that break the rules. The Rules of the curse.”

Michael raised his eyebrows.

“The curse is something that is on the heads of every half-blooded werewolf and their sibling, who would be a full blooded werewolf.” Zos started flipping through the pages as he continued. “It’s a disgrace to werewolf kind to bare a child that is half human and half werewolf, and so there is the curse that has been around since ancient times in the clan of werewolves we originate from. Our ‘free pass’ expired today, which means that the last Half-blood and werewolf died. Today. And now it’s our turn.”

Michael looked at Zos with a look that read ‘Oh really?’

“Yes, indeed. And from what a have gathered through my research, not many pairs survive past the age of 20.”

“That sounds comforting.”

“My thoughts exactly. Mother and your father thought that if they left our city,” Zos held up the book on a page with a map of the City and surrounding area, “that they could escapes the curse and keep us safe, well apparently the curse starts up just fine outside of the city limits.”

“So what are these So-called ‘Rules’ so I know what to do?”

Zosimos sighed and rolled his eyes and then laid out the rules. The day the Jager appears, you must run. The werewolf and half-breed must not make contact again for 8 months. After the eight months the werewolf is to find the half-breed and for three months they must fight and argue, make the half-bleed hated by the whole town and then the half-bleed must leave and get a one month start. Then the cycle repeats, and the time frame must be followed to the exact day.

“Sounds stupid.”

“Yes. But every time you break a rule the Jager comes, so it’s pretty good motivation. That’s when we usually die. The thing is, the life of the—well our lives are now connected. If you die— I die, and vice versa.”
Michael blinked and the shook his head. “And you mentioned that this hate that has spawned between you and me is also part of this curse.”

“Yes. That is correct.”

“So how did you come by such a book?”

“Mom got it; got it from some Zeff family people.”

“And where did they get it?”

Zosimos shrugged.

“Well. I know what I’m doing.” Michael stood and stretched his legs. “I think we’ve been down here long enough.”

Zosimos hesitated before standing as well. He glanced over several of the pages of the book, frowning, before closing it and stuffing it in his bag.

Time Posted: April 30 2011 05:25 pm EDT
Last updated: May 12 2011 03:02 pm EDT

Replies:

Add reply:
Subject:
Body: