You can also play Dark Warriors on
Back to post list
Back a step

grmann

[+1] [-1]

Subject: As somebody who has recently joined I think my experience co
I'm currently 25 days old, and while I certainly haven't mastered everything, I've got a good enough handle to accomplish the goals that are within my reach. I've also got a pretty good idea of how to keep from getting in over my head. I've been in that situation for at least 2 weeks. 7-10 days is more than enough time to get a reasonable handle on how things work around here if you're willing to put any effort at all into it.

Lets face it, the only really ironclad rule that a new player needs to figure out FAST is: DON'T LEVEL, it doesn't help. If you figure that one out within the first few days, formal immunity or not, you'll have the time you need to figure out the rest.

New players don't need to know how to finish every quest, find every orb, get the best demon in the game, and single-handedly clear out the Ven in 30 seconds. They need to know how to build up their fishing level, mining level, lumber level, outpost, etc. Basically they need to build a resource base. As long as you've figured out, "DON'T LEVEL", you'll have plenty of time to figure out the intricacies of all those things, with or without formal immunity.

The standard for ending beginner immunity shouldn't be: not until you can hang with Anathema, Hunger, or Hooligan in the Ven. It should be: as soon as you can be reasonably expected to handle yourself well enough to achieve goals appropriate to your age and ability.

Time Posted: February 3 2011 08:51 pm EST
Last updated: February 6 2011 11:36 am EST

Replies:

Add reply:
Subject:
Body: