You can also play Dark Warriors on
Back to post list
Back a step

bd_zahid84

[+1] [-1]

Subject: A Lost Memory
Once I lived with my uncle Tom in Eagle County under the state of Colorado. That was a vally of Rocky Mountain. We had a cherry colored small cottage. It’s deck was wooden. A tiny fire place was recess in the side wall. There had a rusty little pond in front our cottage.

Tom was a cowboy in his early age. His wrist was very strong but he was a nice simple man. He looked exaggeration than me. He had no pain at all without having any family. On that time he just passing his time with his cattles & gaining fruits from near green forest. He also produced cheese from milk. That was his immersion.

The area covered with bushes here & there. One day he found a wounded cub Racoon & got it in a pouch. He gave it to me for took care. I nursing him well with my great incentive. He had round black eyes & his fur was white with black dotted. Although there had many conflicted thought about Racoon’s nature, soon he became my intimate best friend. We were playing hide & seek in the forest. Sometime searching beans which was his favorate food.

Finding high peaks was my hobby. Someday we were skiing or snowboarding over the mountain. He was very jolly & fidgety in his behavior. He was curious with all things. One day he looked very exciting & pulling my pant with his teeth. I understood he wanted to go with him. We crossed over the vally & stopped beneath the mountain. As the Eagle River was flowing beside us, I felt hatred in his manners. Coz I didn’t know why he acting like that... I was thinking what would be that? Any kind of food? When I went there I seen a beam of reflecting Sun’s light from a broken rock of the mountain’s base. Firstly I thought it would be melting water. But when I went close suddenly I astronished & I couldn’t move. It seemed I became another rock beside the mountain. Soon I realized that was not water. I couldn’t believe that was gold. Hard Rock Gold! I had only sound like “Gee Willikers”. Would it be a treasure?

I heard gold mine was found in the Denver. The Eagle River is a tributary of the Colorado River. It joins the Colorado at Dotsero, in western Eagle County. So it might be another gold mine. On the contrary, I frightened about another feeling that the Mount of the Holy Cross was near. It was located in the Holy Cross Wilderness near Holy Cross City (a ghost town). I thought was that any ancient/sacred object? This duel thinking I kept in mind. However I had felt great relish in my mind. Later I said Tom everything.

After someday on a misfortunate evening I was playing football with my small friend. With a long shot the ball had been going to near the cliff & he wanted to stop that. But alas! Along with the ball he had fallen down the cliff. I couldn’t do just shouting No.

I rewarded by the government. Yes, today I’m rich. But my poor little friend! He is not in here. He don’t get anything… I feel gloomy whenever I think him. I’m crying all time. Every time I blame myself. Though I know all is not eternal but always I thinking that is done for me.

Time Posted: June 16 2010 06:11 pm EDT
Last updated: June 22 2010 01:23 am EDT

Replies:

Add reply:
Subject:
Body: