You can also play Dark Warriors on
Back to post list
Back a step

Greybeard

[+1] [-1]

Subject: My attempt with words in order
Are beans round? Is relish dotted? Does pond scum stink? These are the questions that go through my head… You may think this is an exaggeration, but in my brain there is pouch that I keep troubling questions in. But that isn’t my main problem… You see, my brain is slower than a rusty saw, more simple than a simpleton. But it was not always this way. My intelligence used to make people green with envy. But that was before the coming of the pain.
I was walking through the dark forest one day fighting fire elementals, when was finally able to capture the rabid raccoon. Being a nature lover at heart, I felt conflicted about selling this beautiful creature to a collector who said he wanted him for scientific reasons, but I suspected he really wanted to roast it slowly on a spit with a cherry in it’s teeth. My conscience was bothering me so much that at last I decided I couldn’t go through with it. I decided to let the poor creature go. While I was freeing it from my sack it viciously bit me in the wrist, alas injecting me with rabies.
“That will teach me to care about animals,” I said to myself as I watched the blood gush from my gash. “I could have received a treasure from the collector, but instead I got this flesh wound.” But was this merely a flesh wound? Little did I know the eternal consequences of this fateful day. I was drained and found myself out of energy. All I had left to do was go fishing, so I dragged myself, still bleeding onto the deck of my boat, used my casts on a few sticklebacks, and headed back to Westland.
Now, contrary to what you may have been told, rabies does not make you go crazy. Instead it sucks the zest from your brain (as well as the pigment from your beard -hence my name.) Without zest in your brain, you drool when you duel, you can’t gain when you train. Your brain looks like swiss cheese, you get weak in the knees. And so I was cursed, stricken, abandoned. My very presence became an anathema to those whom I loved. A sinner with no possibility of saving immersion, utterly hopeless, without will to live. So yes, this is my confession, my profession, this misery allotted to me.
I went to Wizard Ruben to ask for his aid, but alas, no healing I found. He only would say “Gee Willikers, I cannot cure you. There is only one hope for you in this world. The only cure for this dreadful condition, is to find companions who’s minds are noble, who’s hearts are true, the only balm for your disease is true friendship. Each one will bring you closer to your final restoration.
And so I roam the world of dark warriors, mind still feeble, always seeking, finding healing, each time I make a friend.

Time Posted: June 11 2010 03:13 am EDT
Last updated: June 22 2010 05:11 pm EDT

Replies:

Add reply:
Subject:
Body: