You can also play Dark Warriors on
Back to post list
Back a step

Lady Joa

[+1] [-1]

Subject: The Dragon Woods
The Dragon Woods is a mysterious forrest with a mysterious Keeper. These Woods can be found on the Land of the Graywind Family, next to the Palace, but they are entered only by few. Those who have dared to enter without the Keeper's aproval have dissapeared, nothing was ever heard of them again. Some say that they were killed by great beasts, some say they have been taken by a spell of the Lady of the Dragon Woods and made her slaves.

It has been known as long as man can remember that these Woods have been the home of Great Beasts, Dragons. Rumour says that these Woods hold the key to the White Dragon Magic. Unfortounately noone has ever dared to search for it since too many have dissapeared, ages ago.

There was only one who could enter this Forrest, and that was the Keeper of the Wood, the Lady of the Dragon Woods, a very powerful sorceress, holding the White Dragon Magic. Nobody ever saw this Lady, she was a mistery to all who heard of her. And for ages she kept hidden in her Misty Forrest along with her Dragons. Untill one day a Prince passed through her Woods. She prepared to take his life when she saw his face in the stream of light that the sun could force through the trees. Somehow she couldn't kill him, she saw he was injured and felt pitty for him. She kept following him untill night covered day and he fell asleep.

The next morning the Prince woke up in a White Castle made of trees and Crystals. Out of amazement he started looking around him. Then he saw her, the most beautifull woman he had ever seen. She stood in front of him with grace and a bright light surrounded her. He looked into her eyes and he deeply fell in love with her. Silence was interupted when she spoke: " You have entered my domain, I should strike you down without second thought. Who are you and what do you seek in my sacred Forrest?" The man could hardly speak: " I am Prince Sakib, son of the King of this Land, King Graywind. I was hunting when my horse injured itself and threw me off. I had to kill the animal as it could not walk on. I started walking and got lost. Please forgive me, I did not intend to trespass." The Lady knew she wouldn't want to kill this man, so she spoke again: "I see you spoke the truth. Your heart is pure, you can leave when your injury is healed, however, I must make you a potion that will make you forget everything." The Lady turned and walked out of the room, leaving Prince Sakib amazed and in thoughts.

The Prince healed quikly and after a few days he could walk again. He was allowed to walk in the Garden, but the White Palace itself was forbidden. His room was near he garden, cut off from the Palace, a little house near the Palace, nothing more. He enjoyed his walks in the Garden. He never saw the Lady, only from distances. The Lady had ordered her Dragons to stay far away from the Prince. They could harm him if he would draw his sword when he would see them, so they stayed far away, as she ordered.

One evening he was walkng in the Garden and there he saw her, she was dressed in white, shining like a star, she was standing near the Lake. A soft breeze flew through the air as the sun was setting and the sky turned red. The wind was singing through the treetops with a soft voice, making the air even more romantic then it already was. He approached her quietly, she didn't notice him there. The Lady was in a dreamworld when she felt a warm hand on her shoulder. She turned around and saw the Prince standing in front of her. She wanted to speak when he put his finger on her lips. The touch felt warm, she closed her eyes and a moment later she was taken away in a kiss so warm and tender. She opened her eyes and looked into the Princes eyes, she felt warm and happy inside, she felt something she never felt before, she couldn't explain it...... The night was warm, the sky was red as a flaming torch, the sunset was almost over. The moon and stars made the night light, and everything around the Palace looked like a shining dreamworld.

The next morning the Prince woke up outside the Forrest, he couldn't remember anything. He looked at the Forrest and felt something deep inside, as if someone was watching him and calling for him, but at the same time he knew he wasn't supposed to go in again. He turned and ran towards The Graywind Palace, not knowing what happened.

The Lady kept walking near the Lake every night, remembering her night with Prince Sakib. Night after night she walked in her Garden, her Dragons by her side again. Days past and the Prince would not leave her mind.

When one day she found out she was expecting a child, she knew she had to warn the Prince. She decided to go to the Graywind Palace, even though it had been years since she left the shadows of her Forrest. She approached the Palace and appeared in front of the King and Queen. They were sitting on their thrones as the high King and Queen. She approached them and said: "King Graywind and Queen Nadia Graywind, I am the Lady of the Dragon Woods." The King and Queen looked at her with amazement, was this really the Lady people have been talking rumours about for centuries? "What brings you to our Palace, Great Lady?" the King asked. " I have come to speak to your son, Prince Sakib. He should be present at this conversation. It is very important." The King looked at her and then he signed the guard to call his son. After some moments the Prince presented himself and sat down on the right hand of his father. He looked at this woman standing in front of him and felt like he had some sort of bondage with her. "My son is here, now speak". The Lady looked at Prince Sakib and spoke: " Prince Sakib, you have been in my Forrest some weeks back." The Prince looked up amazed. The Lady continued: " You were injured and I took you in my home. You healed quikly and before you left I gave you a potion to drink to forget everything, so that I my hidingplace would not be discovered." Queen Nadia interupted her asking: " If you did not want to be discovered, then why have you come to us?" The Lady looked at the Queen and answered: " The reason that I have come to you now is to tell you that I am expecting your sons child. Since it is of royal origin it should be born in this Palace." Prince Sakib jumped up, he knew this child was his, but he could not remember anything about the Lady herself. The King stood up and looked the Lady in the eye. After a minute he turned to his son and asked: " My son, is she telling the truth?" The Prince looked at his father and confirmed. The king sat down on his throne and silence filled the room for a few moments. Queen Nadia was the first to break the silence. "If this child is really of my own blood, then it should be brought up in my own family." The Lady knew this ment she couldn't keep the child. She knew she had to dissapear after the child was born, she couldn't stay. This was the rule of her Forrest: If a female child is born then it is the new Lady of the Dragon Woods. When it is old enough it will be called to the Forrest. The Lady tried to avoid this for centuries, but she realized now she had failed.

A few months later the Child was born and it was given the name Joa Vanya Graywind. The Lady held her daughter in her arms as tight as she could, she did not want to say goodbye. But one night, she prepared, and looked at hr child, sleeping. She kissed her daughter one more time on the forehead and then left with tears in her eyes. Where she went noone knows.

It has been 17 years since then, and I still havn't found my real mother. I know I will find her one day, I know that for sure. I am now the Lady of the Dragon Woods, they are still forbidden, but I don't hide like my mother once did. I am known to the people. I posses the White Dragon Magic as my mother did.

This is the hystory of how the Dragon Woods got more known, not a myth anymore to the people, but a fact. However, still misterious, as it's secrets will never be uncovered and told.

Time Posted: October 24 2008 12:03 pm EDT
Last updated: October 9 2021 04:22 am EDT

Replies:

Add reply:
Subject:
Body: