You can also play Dark Warriors on
Back to post list
Back a step

Admin Kva

[+1] [-1]

Subject: Black wedding
In the Christmas post I described one of the the nicest tradition from my memory, now for one of the worst...

Some 5 years ago I was dating girl who's member of Vlach minority here. It's really hard to describe these people or their origins, but they speak romanian-like language and some believe and she claims that they are part of original Thracians (if there's someone from Romania here, I won't go into this discussion). Whoever they are, they have some traditions and beliefs that sound like straight from horror movies (some of them still believe in ghosts, werewolves and vampires).

Anyway, few times I'd go to visit her family, but one time I came when there was a car accident and her childhood friend died. So of course I went with her to his house for a burial. Now before I continue, just to mention that he didn't marry or had kids.

Ok, so when someone dies, sometimes there is a procession with people following the deceased's casket from his/her house to the cemetery and it was the case here. However when we came to a crossroad... HOLLY SH*T!!! No, literally, I almost sh*t my pants! There was a blood freezing scream and one of the weirdest tradition I've ever seen started. Girl was brought forward to stand besides the casket and she was in a white wedding dress. priest then performed a wedding-like ceremony. I was explained latter that it's a bad luck some guy dies before getting wed, he might return as a ghost or a vampire, but not before I stand stunned there, gaping-mouth, wide-eyed watching this! But this isn't the end... After he was buried we went to celebration of his wedding... Everyone had to be happy and sing and dance, because it was a wedding after all and he'd be insulted if people would cry on it. I still have nightmares...

Time Posted: August 12 2014 10:30 am EDT
Last updated: August 12 2014 08:13 pm EDT

Replies:

Add reply:
Subject:
Body: