You can also play Dark Warriors on
Back to post list
Back a step

Admin Mama_DeLicious

[+1] [-1]

Subject: As we reflect upon this holiday season
we should be "Thankful" for the great people we have had an opportunity to meet in DW. I know a lot of you say that virtual friends aren't really friends but believe me when I say "Friends are Friends no matter where you meet them and even though you say they are virtual there is a real person behind every one of these players. Thus making them very real"

Shrooms was a very real person that over the past 15 months I have gotten to know on a very personal basis.

I still remember the day she asked if I could add her to skype so she could talk to me. I wondered what was going on in the game that would make her not just mail me. As always I figured it was a Farmers vs someone issue. LOL

I was not prepared for what she was about to tell me.
After our conversation that day I went in and sat down to talk to Ox and tell him. We both just sat there and discussed her situation in disbelief.

In the weeks after that I continued to talk to her on skype daily. Checking to see how she was doing. There were days she could only type a few lines in skype without being sick or having to go lay down to rest. But Shrooms loved the game and she was not going to let the cancer keep her from what she loved doing the most. Playing the game. She started spending more time in chat trying to help new players with the game. Giving them advice on their character and all the while never letting anyone know how sick she was. That in itself should tell everyone in the game just what an unselfish person Shrooms was.

About 12 months ago I found out my Mother had the same cancer as Shrooms. As I told her what was going on in my life she said to me. It will be hard but you have to make sure she eats, drinks, and takes care of herself. She gave me hints on what to give her. What did and didn't work for her all the while she was in such pain and was so so sick.

The strength she showed should be an inspiration to all of us. I don't know if I could have been as strong as her when facing something like this. She knew that there was no cure for this. She knew her days were numbered. But she still had time to help others.

So to those who don't know or don't care to look beyond the virtual wall. Don't judge people. Embrace them. We don't know what is going on in their lives. The ones who are constantly whining in chat probably don't have it as bad as they think. Somewhere out there is someone who is worse off then us.

So the next time you feel down. Think of Shrooms and draw strength knowing that she never gave up. And as you complained in chat about Shrooms sinking your boat. I would sit here knowing that she couldn't ven anymore because it was too much for her and that sinking your boat was a something that could always bring a smile to her face. And when you complained it in chat or forums it put a little sparkle in her eye and she knew she was still had it.

So as I sit here with tears running down my face I say

"To my special friend. Always may your flag fly high and your boat sail in DW. You will be missed but not forgotten."

I Love you Shrooms and one day we will be able to sit down and chat again just like we used to. I will miss you but what I have learned from you will never be forgotten. You are truly "One Special Lady"

R.I.P.

No Signature

Time Posted: December 20 2013 08:38 am EST
Last updated: December 21 2013 05:06 am EST

Replies:

Add reply:
Subject:
Body: