You can also play Dark Warriors on
Back to post list
Back a step

Quietude

[+1] [-1]

Subject: WC title reflections
I've been fortunate enough to hold the title for about a week now, and holding it has made me think about a few things. I have a sneaking suspicion I won't be holding the title much longer, so now seems the time to post.

Having the title be a dynamic active part of the game is a good thing. Players should be able to test their mettle against the current champ any time they want.

Although a merchant hat is not allowed for WC, beef stew is still permitted. That's reasonable for occasional uses like - resetting skills, fighting the island king, running through the gateway. On the other hand, staying under beef stew continually would deprive other players of a shot at the WC title. I'm not asking for the rules and programming to be changed. Instead, I will pledge that as WC, I will continue my policy of not using beef stew unless there is a specific (and limited duration) game activity that I need the stew to get through. I hope that whoever swipes the title from me (and congrats in advance) will pursue a similar policy going forward.

Happy hunting.
Q

**EDIT**
Please note that this post is 14 or 15 months old, I am only revisiting it because it got bumped to the top of the forums. At the time it was made I was trying to encourage a new way of holding the WC title. Many prior to that had used beef stew to retain it. It was not intended as an insult to any of those fine warriors, or an insult to anyone in the future using that old technique.

I wanted a change in the way the WC was held, so I took the title and became the change i wanted in the world. Over a couple of the months it was won and lost several times as players beat me, and i worked to build the stats and take it back. (Most notably Nos and Ziggy). I then held it for another couple months before losing it.

All in all I guess this was a successful experiment. While i still prefer the dynamic of testing myself against the WC holder, it is nice to see it changing hands. I have no insults for the current holder or others that use beef stew. This is a trick of the game. I'm a little sad to see things reverting, but that's the way the cookie crumbles.

Please don't turn this post into a flame war.
As always ....
Happy hunting
Q

No Signature

Time Posted: November 21 2013 09:58 pm EST
Last updated: January 30 2015 06:43 am EST

Replies:

This post has been locked.