You can also play Dark Warriors on
Back to post list
Back a step

Admin Kva

[+1] [-1]

Subject: MY REPLY
or My confession

It was some 4 years ago that I was surfing the web, looking for some cheap entertainment when I noticed this advertisement for a cheesy named game called Dark Warriors. I thought: "Yeah sure, I love games so it will kill a few hours."...

Now here I am, still playing this cheesy named game and why? Truth be told, I don't know! Some say it is about constant changing world of Dark Warriors, or fun it provides, some say it is about community and friends and some go as far to say it's their second life...

- Changes; I got to a period of life where that word starts to frighten me, but when I see a good change here I'm happy and when I see one that I don't like, I try to let it go over me and to adapt.

- Fun; Yeah, sometimes I have fun here, but sometimes watching a paint dry is more entertaining.

- Community; For a very long time I've been a part of Great Hall. This fact actually changed my real life to the point that I want to study web design and development, but it came with a cost. You see, due to cheaters I saw and jailed (before talking with them) and players who only care about themselves while they talk about friendship (pretty much as real life), it came to this: I don't like this here community and half the time I want it to let me be! This might not be something you want to hear, but it's how I feel.

- Friends; For me friends are people who due to some common interests come together and bond. Yes, I've met a lot of people here who share some of my gaming interest, but with most of them I can't bond. I have only a handful of friends with whom I bonded and who I see as friends (I won't point them, they can probably see themselves here) and for that I'm thankful to DW. Still, with those people I talk outside the game and I have enough friends in real life, so it's really not something I'm here for.

- Second life; Wow, I won't even comment that.

So what is it that makes me, even when I decide to leave, come back and keep playing? Bugger me if I know, but I can guess. On bad days I see Dark Warriors as a drug, alcohol or nicotine, an addiction you can't shake off that easily. But when I'm in a good mood and really think about it... It comes down to:

"Yeah sure, I love games so it will kill a few hours."

Yours truly,
Kva

Time Posted: August 29 2012 06:15 pm EDT
Last updated: August 30 2012 01:51 am EDT

Replies:

Add reply:
Subject:
Body: