You can also play Dark Warriors on
Back to post list
Back a step

Elodin

[+1] [-1]

Subject: MY REPLY
Why I Play DW. An essay by Elodin.

I play this game for as many reasons as I have personalities, which is multiple.

I first saw the game advertised on line and having played some D&D in the ancient past I thought I would try this text only based game. I played for a few days, went on vacation came back and my character was gone. But I persevered and started anew.

Initially I enjoyed exploring the DF, and aimed to get to level 30 and visit the blacksmith to make some awesome armour. Back in those days Smithy made the best gear, there were no sapphires or elements and Kill Kenny, SquashedFly, Celtica and Alexia Huff were the gods of the game. And I wasn't bothered with PvP.

After reaching level 30 I joined my first clan, The Undead Scorpion Warriors, which a couple of weeks later the owner sold.

So I left and joined a little clan called Knights of the Rose then run by Maelstrom and Volvec. I stayed a while and worked my way up to Co-Owner. The ranks officer was MPotts, who had been in the clan longer than I, and seemed a little upset he was overlooked for the job I was given. Morgan is now in jail his crime, trying to hack Feltashs account. I like to think he started to go bad around this time as he seemed to become a little surly and un-cooperative when as C-owner I began overhauling the forums and the way KotR was run.

Back then we had a great collection of Knights (Morgan aside). Angus, Elite Nemesis, Thimoteus, Raistilin, Herluin to name a few.

The game was also evolving; Elements had made their appearance and changed the way people played the game. This was also the first time there were discernible signs of mass dissatisfaction and some great players left, while some not so great ones, like me, stayed.

fast forward to now and I have been here for 4 years 250 odd days and still going, still here. Seen some wonderful intelligent gamers come and go, watched from the sideline some idiot behaviour and idiot players, enjoyed some of the updates and hated others, made some good friends. When i started I had no children now i have two and game mostly in the quiet of evenings.

So, Thanks Tom.

And in conlcusion, REMEMBER 'You're Different and That's Bad'.

No Signature

Time Posted: August 25 2012 03:48 pm EDT
Last updated: December 14 2022 07:01 pm EST

Replies:

Add reply:
Subject:
Body: