You can also play Dark Warriors on
Back to post list
Back a step

King_Of_Hearts

[+1] [-1]

Subject: Expanding on Outposts, Mining and Lumber

First off, I do not take credit for this idea. This belongs to someone who, for reasons that are theirs, would rather stay out of the limelight.

Disagree with me if you will, but some might realise that on their own, the above mentioned activities don't have as big an impact on the game as they used to. They're useful, but not nearly as competitive and growing as areas like Fishing, Jousting and so on that have received attention. However, players still enjoy and use them, which is why building on them might not be such a bad idea.

One suggestion is that a mixture of the three be created. Players could hire NPC's from the Outpost area, at the cost of Outpost food, and send them into the Mines. Use our skill at Lumber to set up all the tracks, mining carts and tunnels to transport miners in, and the odd bit of ore out, but to do so would require Ore and other items, which would be forged by a Blacksmith (who probably robs you blind). Maybe as players progress further into the mines, the possibility of recovering other currencies could be possible, but you can work with that.

The degree to which each of these aspects work would depend on your ability in each individual aspect. Players with a higher Mining level can progress deeper into the Mine. Those with a better Outpost can send in more Miners, perhaps branching into different categories of Miners - those who mine faster and recover more ore in a set period, those who dig harder and can churn up extra rewards, and so on. Lumber level would let you build more into your Mine, so you can explore more areas and churn up more profit.

Some kind of sink or tax would have to be put in, to stop too many making a crazy profit, but enough to draw players back. Perhaps give some areas a risk attributed to them.. certain Miners tire faster, improper building of carts or tracks could lead to cave-ins and loss of Ore/Miners, stumbling on an enemy that attacks your fellow miners. Make it challenging, interesting.

Thoughts? Anything to add?

Time Posted: June 1 2012 08:55 am EDT
Last updated: June 1 2012 09:37 am EDT

Replies:

Add reply:
Subject:
Body: