You can also play Dark Warriors on
Back to post list
Back a step

Fintan_de_Marin

[+1] [-1]

Subject: Part Three
Fintan went to his study to finish preparing for the festival. There was to be a small gathering at the end of the evening, and he trusted no one else to clean the room but him. Of course, Charlotte and Angel were trusted enough, but Angel was busy and Charlotte was no where to be found.

On the grounds, Iliecit was greeting the guests as they arrived, or at least she was waiting to do so. Losreal and Christine hung around her, not sure what to do otherwise. Angel stood on Iliecit's right, ready to introduce the guests. Iliecit let out a groan of annoyance when a roar sounded in the distance. "Damnit...must she always do that?"

"Must who do what?" Losreal asked.

"You will see, Master Riddle...." She growled, her fangs showing by accident. Christine blinked at the fangs, just barely catching a glimpse of them. She was curious, and wondering if she had seen that correctly. The roar was let out yet again, only to have Iliecit groan "Would you shut up! We all know you're here...the entire Westland knows your bloody here!"

The three stepped back from Iliecit as she was trying to recover herself. "Excuse me dears...I...was out of place."

"It would be better if we knew what you were...Oh my gods" Losreal stared at the sky, eyes wide in a combination of fear and excitement. Christine's eyes were glued to the heaven's as well, except they were filled with excitement and wonder. The massive red dragon form of Queen Liani showed itself, dipping under the clouds. Once again, she let out a ear splitting roar. Groaning Iliecit readied herself to curtsy when she landed.

Liani beat her wings in the air as a pair of brakes, to slow her landing. Never the less, she landed with a force that caused the entire manor to shake. Iliecit curtsied, with a bow of her head, along with Angel who signaled Losreal and Christine to do the same. Losreal removed his hat and bowed while Christine put her hand over her heart and bowed in the elf fashion. "Good morning, Your Majesty. It is an honor and a privilege for you to grace us with your presence this morning." Iliecit greeted her.

The dragon queen bowed her head before she glowed a soft red. As the glow receeded Liani took her human form. “Good morning, Countess Iliecit. Please...all rise, there is no need to bow for me.”

“Of course, Your Highness.” Losreal responded, rising from his bow. Angel gave him a brisk whack on the head with her hand. “It’s Majesty” She hissed. Losreal flushed with embarassment.

“It’s alright Angel. There’s no harm done. I am the first to arive, I take it?”

“You are, Your Majesty.” Angel smiled. “There is a seat reserved for you in the festival area if you would like to rest. Will any of your ....subjects be joining us?”

“Only a few of the younger dragons....are you alright Miss?” Liani glanced at Christine who was just smiling as she stared at Liani.

“I’m great...” She giggled. Liani nodded and departed for the festival area. Losreal shook his head slowly, hiding his eyes behind his hand.

"KATIE!" Angel exclaimed as she saw a brown haired woman walk up the path. Katlyn Osiris smiled and opened her arms, walking faster.

"Good to see you again, Angel!" Katie squeeled as they embraced. Iliecit cleared her throat, having no idea who this really was.

Angel recomposed herself. "Your Grace, may I present, Her Royal Highness, Princess Katlyn Osiris of the Dragon Kingdom."

"Welcome to the de Marin Manor, Your Highness." Iliecit bowed her head, though her face was strained to keep from saying what she thought. 'More dragons, why?'
"A pleasure, Countess de Marin.-" She was cut off by the crack of a whip as a team of horses galloped along the road towards the manor. They pulled a coach that bore the coat of arms of the Droverson family. "Fintan invited them?" She groaned softly. Angel scowled at the coach as it came alongside the manor.

"I can not stand Matilda." Angel muttered. "After what she did to that poor child, she makes my former master look like a saint."

Matilda stepped out of the coach in a dark green dress with golden trim. "Hello, Countess de Marin. Where is the Count?"

"Busy, preparing himself for the festival."

"He must take longer than a woman." Announced another voice that made what little color left in Iliecit's face drain. Hanna Linani stepped out of the coach, wearing a dazzling white gown that caused her complexion to appear even whiter.

"He wishes to look his best, he does have a reputation to uphold after all." Iliecit said in her husband's defense.

"I'm well awear of his reputation, taking the hearts of women and stabbing them with his infidelity." Hanna glanced at Losreal and Christine. "And who are these little darlings?" She had a dark smile. "Your children? This one somewhat reminds me of Rogue." The vampriess stroked Losreal's chin with a long fingernail.

"No, human children can not grow that fast. Fintan and I have been married less than five years." Iliecit snapped.

"Precisely why I asked. With your blood, the vampire in them would cause them to mature faster."

The two bards blinked. Losreal's hand went to rest on his sword. He had heard stories of vampires, but never thought to think the creatures actually existed. He now wondered how accurate the stories were. Christine hwas not as fearful as her partner, though she was cautious. She too had heard stories but never thought she would actually meet a living vampire. Hanna saw the surprise in their eyes, and then the utter anger in Iliecit's eyes.

"Oh...they did not know? Are you ashamed of what you are? No...perhapse you are a shmed you are wed to a human. This human in paticular. After all, we all know what he did to our kind in Me-"

"I am honored." Iliecit cut in. "To be wed to Count de Marin."

Hanna showed no disapointment that she was unable to push Iliecit off the edge of snapping. She simply did what she always did when she failed at such an atempt. "I was held at gunpoint a few weeks ago." She switched the attention back to her. "By Silver Rose."

"I'm sure." Iliecit rolled her eyes, then gestured to the road where more guests were lining up to gain enterence. "If you will excuse me." Hanna Scoffed and continued on her way alongside Matilda, who was shaking her head at Iliecit.

With a heavy sigh Iliecit turned to face her husband's guests. "I did not mean to decieve you in insult."

"So, you are a vampire?" Christine inquired to ensure she was understanding everything.

"Yes...but with Fintan's reqputation none outside the Arelian Courts and the Covens know for certian. It must appear to remain so." The two nodded, sealing the unspoken pact that they would remain silent on the mater.

None of them spoke further of the subject. The countess went back to greeting the ariving guests. A good many of the arrivals were commoners rather than the usual nobles that attended Fintan's gatherings. Arelian soldiers, Westland guards, Borin archers, hunters, and the occasional 'street rat' as Fintan called them. Of course there were nobles from Westland and Arelia. Primarily knights, who had come to take part in the jousting competition.

Iliecit and the bards followed the last of the guests to the festival area. Christine was trying to get ideas for her writings from the guest, who she found interesting based on the fact Twili had both a pair of wolf ears and tail. Both were perked and wagging in excitement of the festivities around her.

People were chatting over drinks, and for once at a gathering they were not at each other's throats. Music played for the enjoyment of the guests, festive songs of old heroes and tales of haunting to celebrate the time. Others were sighing up for the competitions. Great Sword fights, fencing, marksmanship, archery, a horse race, and a joust between the two courts.

A pistol sounded loudly though the festival, bringing the musicians to silence. "Distinguished guests!" Fintan, who was standing on the dueling dais lowered his pistol. "I hope you will forgive my tardiness." Stated the fashionably late highwayman. "The gauntlet has been cast to the ground, and accepted. Mr. Riddle, if you would care to join me on the dais, we shall see who is the better. The Arelian Royalist, or the Acmorian Federalist. To First Blood"

Losreal hesitated for a brief moment before Christine gave him a nudge. "Go on, you won't get those pistols otherwise." She whispered.

"Alright, alright...I'm going." He muttered.

"Yay! Good luck, Losreal!" Twili whispered to him. The wolf on Twili's right, Usko snickered muttering to his companion. 'That Federalist is gonna have his ass kicked. Fintan doesn't fight fair.' The wolf's eldest sister, Cera hit him with a paw "Be quiet, Usko! Fintan would not cheat on a public duel."

The revolutionary stood up and stepped on to the dais. "The Federalist is, we have to earn our standings." The crowd drew a sharp breath at the exceedingly brave words. Losreal did not seem to care as he removed the belt, the jacket and hat, setting them to the side.

"Perhaps, but we are raised with the sword." The cavalier tossed his hat off, to his wife who caught it with a grin. He pulled off his cloak and doublet. "It gorilic, Banon Losreal." Fintan drew his rapier. "It means; 'Upon your guard be you, Lord Losreal'"

The pair brought their swords to their face in salute to each other. Fintan turned to face the crowd and saluted, after a flamboyant bow. Christine scoffed with a grin at the bow. "Show off." She muttered. The two faced each other and waited for the Field Marshal to give the order to fight. The Field Marshal, raised his hand holding a handkerchief. He looked between the two three times, and allowed it to fall to the ground.

The moment the handkerchief hit the ground Losreal lunged, and Fintan stepped back. Without hesitation Fintan had drawn a pistol and cocked it, leveled with Losreal's head. "You loose." He smirked. Usko barked in laughter. Several of the guests laughed, others called shouts of unfairness. Losreal just stood there, not knowing if he should dare move.

"Forgive me, a slight joke at your expense. I swear to you as a fellow soldier, this will be a fair fight." Fintan then tossed his pistol aside, along with another two he pulled from the back of his belt, and two daggers from his boots. "With that said...we are still in the middle of a duel."

With out another word, Fintan made a balistic lunge, which was parried with a rear step. The Acmorian swung his sword over Fintan's head and brought it down. Fintan thrusted his sword upward, catching the guard of Losreal's sword with his own. The bard tugged and tugged, but the quilion two guards were well interlocked.

"This is called, for those of you who do not know, The Snare of Kilmara. It is nearly impossible to remove one's sword once ensnared." Fintan gave his sword a flick and a jerk, yanking Losreal's blade from his hand. It was flung in to the air after a twist of his sword. Fintan caught the airborne sword in his left hand. "Unless one knows how. I believe that would be the end of it." Fintan brought both blades up to rest about a foot from Losreal's throat.

"Not quite." The bard stepped forward, gripped the two blade edges and hit them together with enough force that it weaked Fintan's grip. With a hefty tug, Losreal took his sword back from Fintan, and flipped it around to the grip. "That, Your Grace, was the Borlierian Disarm. I'm sure you're familiar with it." A member of the crowd laughed loudly.

"Shut up, Fionoch!" Fintan shouted to the man who laughed. "I'm familiar...but are you familiar with, this?" Fintan flicked his blade to the left, and suddenly the right. He feinted several times in a lunge, causing Losreal to parry blindly. Suddenly, Fintan balisted past Losreal, their arms grazing. In the speed of the moment, Fintan flicked his own sword on his left arm.

"OUCH!" Fintan held up his sword tip as Losreal exclaimed in pain.

"That, is the end of it. First blood is mine." There was a small trickle of blood on the rapier blade, and Losreal's left arm was bleeding just slightly, through the uncut shirt. "The trick of a rogue, I'm afraid. Well fought though."

"That is dishonorable, Rogue." Hanna exclaimed from where she sat.

"No, it's a good move." Losreal said in Rogue's defense. "He drew blood fairly, I only wish we knew which did so first." He held up his own blade, a trickle of blood on it as well. Fintan began searching himself for where the wound was made. "Your left leg, I'm surprised you did not feel it. I did so during a parry."

Fintan felt his left leg, and sure enough he was bleeding just slightly. Though he had never felt the pain. "The results of a battle. I have no feeling in that particular part of my left leg. Well done. Since you have drawn the blood by skill rather than...a trick. I award the first blood to you." Fintan flipped his sword around, swinging it so he held it by the blade and the guard rested on his forward hand. "Arelian tradition states my sword is yours for winning the duel. Unless, you would rather the pistols."

"I would rather the pistols, as agreed." Losreal snapped quickly in excitement.

"So be it." Fintan stepped off the dais and retrieved a solid oak box held by Angel. He stood back infront of Losreal and opened it for him to see, and then showed the pistols off to the crowd. Inside of the box were two pistols, a flask of powder and a bag of bullets. "56 round Arelian pistol, used with 35 grains of powder for the main charge, and 10 for the primer. Solid cherry wood stock, and hardened steel barrels. The butts are solid brass, with engravings of eagle heads. Use them in good health." Fintan closed the box and surrendered it to Losreal.

"Now, let us commence with the celebration! Samhane leic ort benine!" The musicians struck back up at the counts words as he stepped down.

Time Posted: December 7 2011 10:40 pm EST
Last updated: December 26 2011 06:46 pm EST

Replies:

Add reply:
Subject:
Body: