You can also play Dark Warriors on
Back to post list
Back a step

Eddie_the_Kid

[+1] [-1]

Subject: Lest We Forget
It is once again Remembrance Day, so I ask you to do just that and remember. Remember all the men and women who have fought for their countries. Many people have lived, fought, and died for the way of life that we sometimes take for granted and the very worst thing we could do is to forget their sacrifices that where made by others so we would not have to.

I would like to personally thank my great grandfathers, my great uncles, my grandfather, my uncles, and all of the other men and women who were far braver then I think I could be. At the same time I would also like to remember all of those innocents who where not in the national service of their respective countries, but yet where forced to make the same sacrifices as the soldiers. Millions of people, both military and civilian have died for this way of life that I love to enjoy. Take at least 2 min of your time today at 11am and remember these lives once lived, but given up for your own future life. Better yet, if you run into a vet or current member of the armed forces, thank them for what they do. Believe in war or not, these men and women made the ultimate sacrifice for us, and deserve our respect, our thanks, and our remembrance. Lest we Forget.

In Flanders fields the poppies blow
Between the crosses, row on row,
That mark our place: and in the sky
The larks still bravely singing fly
Scarce heard amid the guns below.

We are the dead: Short days ago,
We lived, felt dawn, saw sunset glow,
Loved and were loved: and now we lie
In Flanders fields!

Take up our quarrel with the foe
To you, from failing hands, we throw
The torch: be yours to hold it high