You can also play Dark Warriors on
Back to post list
Back a step

Eddie_the_Kid

[+1] [-1]

Subject: I dont think it is a matter of fair warning for once.
This was an update that has had little to no support from anyone in the game. So the warning aspect doesn't amount to much.

Like you I have lost lumber levels (4 in total). Two of them where caused by exceptional circumstances as when there are deaths in the family the very last thing on your mind is I have to get on my computer to go on vaca and save my lumber levels. There are hundreds of other, more important things on your mind.

The other two levels I lost where simply due to not knowing when I lumbered last. For me, as I am sure is the case for other players, lumbering is not a major aspect of the game. It is what you do when you have nothing else to use your energy on (i.e. ven, forest, rage castle, town fights, mystic forest, etc.). If someone is only able to sign in once a day, lumbering does not tend to be high on the list, they are more likely to do their mining, fishing, and one of the other main activities before signing out again.

So some might say here, big deal, still shouldnt be that hard to train once a week. But, it is not something you think about until it is too late. On both of the occasions that I lost levels due to non-exceptional circumstances I log in on the 7th day to make a point of doing my lumbering and have already lost the level.

Since this update seems to be here to stay despite the majorty of people disliking it, perhaps it would work better if the timer went by reset instead of actual number of hours. Or better yet, Nate mentioned in a previous post that "[He] didn't log onto one of [his] games [he] plays for 4 days and got a warning stating that if [he] don't log on [he] would stop generating income," and a system similar to this would be useful here as well to warn players they are about to lose a level... of course this does nothing to help in exceptional circumstances where a person cannot get near the computer.

Although as an interesting side note... from Nate's wording it sounds like that particular game that he used as an example to justify this lumber change allowed income generate when offline. That is in no way the case with lumbering since you have to be on already to lumber in the first place and dont just get income for doing nothing. So really, that particular justification cannot be applied here; however the idea of an actual warning that you are about to lose a level would be very beneficial as at least some kind of a compromise for those of us where this game isnt the be all and end all of their existence.

Time Posted: September 22 2011 09:08 am EDT
Last updated: September 23 2011 10:26 am EDT

Replies:

Add reply:
Subject:
Body: