You can also play Dark Warriors on
Back to post list
Back a step

Quiet_Quince

[+1] [-1]

Subject: The Elephant in the Room
Allthough no one wants to say it, the biggest struggle for most clans is to find and retain active players. Many clans are willing to invest in new players, but in my opinion game-wide player retention rates are lower than this game deserves. I'm going to post below my ideas for helping with this, and hopefully others will as well.

1. Free class change within first 15 days: Changing classes will force you to trade in previously aquired skills from your old class.

----Reason: how frustrated would you be if you were trying to compete as an archer? or if your class was completely counter to your personality.

2. Newbie elements: 15 Non-tradable tokens that a player can receive the first time they reach level 20. They can be used for leveling down only. Players can decide if they want to hide under 5, or go up to 30 for skills etc. and drop back under the cap to 15.

-----Reason: Camping can be a pretty dull way to get to know the game. Giving players the chance to taste the Dark Forest, and run wild through the ven before camping will help them understand why we love the game, and also the benefit of hanging on level 5 for a while.

3. Longer free ultra/subby for new players: At minimum 17 days so that they receive enough helix for an energy boost at the hcc. Perhaps 20 days?

-----Reason: This will work in conjunction with the Newbie elements to give players a solid feel for the full function of the game. Also it will help clans get the chance to work with new players and not worry about wasting clan resources while new players are still figuring out if they will play DW regularly.

This is my thinking on a way to introduce players to the fun of the game without requiring them to first camp. I'm very interested in the feedback of others.

No Signature

Time Posted: September 20 2011 12:03 am EDT
Last updated: August 2 2022 04:15 am EDT

Replies:

Add reply:
Subject:
Body: