You can also play Dark Warriors on
Back to post list
Back a step

Eddie_the_Kid

[+1] [-1]

Subject: I would have to disagree slightly
The first and thing is that taxes arent so much for "slowing down the wealthiest" in fact many countries do just the opposite with a flate rate. What taxes are meant for is to raise money for the government coffers to be used on some wider scale (regional, provincial/state, national). But this is why I suggested that instead of disappearing, the gold should be converted into prizes for various competitions and redistributed into the game. The prizes could be GC, stones, etc as long as not gold, plats, or sapphires (plats as subbies can sell to generate new gold, and sapps as can run serfs), and that way even if the player sells said prize, gold wont increase again. The only problem would be keeping an eye and changing prizes so that another resource doesnt become flooded like the gold was. Such a change would also "sweeten the deal" in such a way as mag suggested, being easier to accept, while still getting the job done.

Now, your point about slowing down the wealthiest... i dont think this update even does that really. Like you said, not many get hit with 2%, and that is cause those with the most wealth are pretty much always active ad can take counter tax measures if they wish too. So, the tax doesnt effect the richest all that much but instead hurts those that cant play every day and likely have less wealth (there are exceptions of course, more a general observation). The only reason the wealthiest would get taxed is if they for some reason miss the main reset and didnt take precautions before hand... most that are of this wealthiest class arent going to fall into that trap unless absolutely unavoidable.

That being said, i agree with potions, not that big a deal, and when price gets too high there is still SCC for people willing to do the math on which is better for them at the time.

But the lumber update... forced activity im not going to agree with, and taking away a level is just too draconian for my taste... unlike the tax, there is no way to make this better as long as being forced to sign in within x amount of time.

And for the record, your one of the few that have stayed on topic instead of going off into their own world of chest beating and arrogance, uselessly repeating themselves, or whining unproductively; hence the reply

Time Posted: June 23 2011 11:56 pm EDT
Last updated: June 24 2011 12:25 am EDT

Replies:

Add reply:
Subject:
Body: