You can also play Dark Warriors on
Back to post list
Back a step

Anathema

[+1] [-1]

Subject: Clans ideas.
Regarding the new 7 day restriction update that restricts players from joining any clan but the one they originally came from for 7 days after leaving their clan.

I have two different suggestions, one to allow for newbies and new clans. The other to implement something different, but might be worth considering.

Firstly regarding newbies.

Newbies under 15 (or as high as 30) days old should be able to switch clans without the 7 day time restriction.

Reasons why I suggest this:

Clan tax is important, as a newbie is often told when asking about how to play the game. A helper will suggest clan tax, which will mean the newbie will likely look for a clan and (being a newbie) they might make a mistake which they cannot reverse too easily, having to wait 7 days with no tax and no clan help.

The starting days for a newbie are important.

Clan guidance could influence whether or not a newbie stays, if they make the mistake of joining a dead clan, they have to wait 7 days to find a new and active clan to participate in. Which is not the easiest thing for a newbie to manage in this game.

-

The only other thing I could suggest is that a newbie cannot join a clan for the 8 days they cannot be killed. This, however, inflicts with Berlock and is not a good idea because clans are important for a new player.

Regarding newly made clans.

I suggest that a possible "Recruiting Period" in which a clan has some limitations, but there is no restrictions in regards to having to wait 7 days to join the clan.

Such restrictions might be the clan being unable to access clan buildings, or unable to purchase cities.

This "Recruiting Period" could last from 7-14 days and switched off, should the owner wish. Once off, it cannot be turned on again.

Clan Rankings Idea

The clan rank system is a nice system, but other than what the clan decides, it has no use.

My suggestion, and an alternative to the 7 day clan joining restriction, is that when you join a clan you are restricted to Clan Rank 1 for 7 days.

Clan rank 1 will have the restriction of being unable to benefit from any land titles, being unable to enter the clan potion shop, being unable to use items from the clan armory, and being unable to enter the clan Inn. Basically, restricting perks a specific clan might have.

Allowing access to basic clan features, such as clan forums, clan chat, and clan tax.

Of course, after 7 days in the clan, the clan owner/co owner/ranks officer can upgrade that person's rank as they desire.

As for other clan ranks, you could perhaps allow clan leaders to decide which ranks have access to what, beyond clan rank 1. A basic panel. Although I doubt clans will want to restrict too much, they can make some of the other "perks" earned within the clan, through rising in rank.

This would, I imagine, be a rather large update.

However, I think this would remove most of the issues that you've had with people jumping clans as they have been, and still allow people to move freely between clans. Just not to benefit from a clan's land title or benefits earned via CBR and CPR.

Any comments/ideas/suggestions/constructive criticism is appreciated.

I myself, think it would be nice to have more uses for clan ranks.

Ana.

Time Posted: April 7 2011 05:14 am EDT
Last updated: April 8 2011 01:48 am EDT

Replies:

Add reply:
Subject:
Body: