You can also play Dark Warriors on
Back to post list
Back a step

Anathema

[+1] [-1]

Subject: This is just my thoughts.
I can see the positive points and reason you need to implement this clan update, however, here is just a few issues I see people, and myself, are concerned about.

Newbies -

Newbies might join the Lyceum or a dead clan that has auto join, for Berlock or just looking around the game. If they stay and try to find a proper clan to take part in, they will then be stuck with that 7 day restriction when moving to it.

I doubt that is completely unheard of, and 7 days clanless means at least no clan tax in that time. Simply because the newbie was unaware of the limitation.

They will also be unable to access clan forums or guides, the full help of the clan they are moving to, for 7 days. I think that might even impact if people stay, clans are important.

A good idea might be that the 7 day clan joining restriction does not apply to someone 15 days or younger. The same restriction that a newbie has with trading.

In that amount of time, a newbie should know enough about the game to know if they join a clan they won't be able to leave it without having to wait that 7 day period to join another. Which might mean they take the time to judge which clan they should go to, at least choose an active clan or stay clanless until they have found their home. So they can move immediately.

New Clans -

As far as my thoughts for brand new clans, I think if it is possible, that members can be recruited in a period of 7-14 days.

Meaning, that in the recruiting period, there is no 7 day wait if someone is going to join that particular clan. Establishing a clan is not an easy task. Perhaps you could add some restrictions to that clan itself.

In a recruiting period, it can be impossible for the clan to buy buildings or cities, should they even get the medals. - for example.

Of course, if someone left the new clan the 7 day restriction would apply to them joining another clan.

This update will make recruiting harder, but it's not impossible.

Only other option, I could suggest, is that if a clan has owned a land title within 7 days. You cannot join that clan for 7 days after leaving your own? and maybe you have to be a member of the clan for 7 days before being able to access such things as a potion shop, armory items, or Inn food.

(Maybe that could be controlled by clan rank, clan rank 1 could have no access or rights within the clan, other than to view forums and set clan taxes. Clan ranks could perhaps just not be changeable for a 7 day period. It would also add some more practical uses for clan rankings.)

Lol, I don't know. I don't want things to be too complicated.

I hope you don't mind this suggestion not being in the ideas forum, I can move it on request.

Time Posted: April 7 2011 04:23 am EDT
Last updated: April 7 2011 04:27 am EDT

Add reply:
Subject:
Body: