You can also play Dark Warriors on
Back to post list
Back a step

Eddie_the_Kid

[+1] [-1]

Subject: Moved up from the depths of a long thread...
Onion and I got going and came up with some good ideas but unfortunetly its at the end of a train some 15 posts long. So we decided to repost them here to bring them out in the open and hopefully get more opinions on the topic from other players that might not be willing to go looking.

So, before picking up where we left off, a little bit of a recap. The short version is that I stated I felt there is less activity as a result of the points system based on my observations from feb. In contrast, Onion has put forth that the activity is the same or greater then it has been in the past based on the evidence he has witnessed. We have both recognized that either could be right, or either could be seeing small part of big picture and could be wrong, either way it is worthy of further observation.

At this stage Onion proposed more formal observations to get a concrete answer to decide the issue rather then our current observations which are at odds. Between us we came up with two control features:

1) No sinking of friends/clannies etc. Essentially, getting people to come on the water just so you can sink them is not indicative of over all game activity.

2) Sinking of the same person by multiple people of the same clan should be limited to one person every 5-10 min. Having multiple people sinking one person over and over in a row only shows their own activity and not over all activity. 5-10 min should be more then sufficent time for a player to fish and get off the water if they do so, so beyond that should be a new "activity cycle"

I further proposed that to get around the issue of taking into account different values of sinking different boats, we could either treat sinkings as an avg value of 200 and count how many actually get sunk in order to get an aprox level of activity. As an alternative there was also the idea of a much more controlled setting where each sinking was recorded at its point value and then the tallies summed.

Now, the second control factor and the two suggestions for points to activity where in my last post that onion hasnt replied to yet as we decided to bring this forward so they are not yet agreed upon. Please feel free to add your opinions as well to our discussion as any ideas to further this line of thought are always most appreciated.

Time Posted: March 4 2011 03:00 pm EST
Last updated: March 5 2011 06:25 pm EST

Replies:

Add reply:
Subject:
Body: