You can also play Dark Warriors on
Back to post list
Back a step

Eddie_the_Kid

[+1] [-1]

Subject: Ok
This is now I think the 5th time I have pointed this out, but yes there was an imbalance with the score of the previous month. Yes a change needed to be made. No where in any of these posts is that point actually argued by me. However the point that I have been making is that the change that was made was perhaps too drastic. For this reason I suggested a new scoring system that is inbetween the current and previous scoring systems in order to try and create a better balance between the two sources of points.

As an alternative other people have suggested that perhaps instead of changing the scoring of ships being sunk the points gained from fishing should either be limited to only the casts gained from reset and not from when casts are reset, or to set a concrete limit on the lumber of times casts can be reset and still generate CPR points. Both of these suggestions have gotten some support.

Aside from these two points, my posting has also generated discussion about the advantages of NPC in seafare, the issue of people leaving clans to be sunk by their clanmates, just how comparable the CPR is to the CBR. and how many sapphires or reset tokens any clan may be willing to spend on points and if it will show an imbalance (a point already conceded that could not be fully answered without more time for the current scoring system to mature).

So, aside from the fact that there is a clear difference in the ratio between sinking and fishing scores which shows an imbalance that could be solved in one of a number of suggestions generated by my complaining, it has also provided much valuable discussion. Discussion that with the input of more players then the handful that have posted (note that those that have posted havent provided valuable opinions, but it never hurts to have more of them) could prove to help improve the CPR competition and seafare as a whole in the future.

Time Posted: February 6 2011 12:09 am EST
Last updated: February 6 2011 12:09 am EST

Add reply:
Subject:
Body: