You can also play Dark Warriors on
Back to post list
Back a step

Demonic_Wolf

[+1] [-1]

Subject: So I've been thinkiiiinnnn
There are Da'haaran men (hope i spelled that right and just men, you sexiest bastards....jk, slight achmed reference ftw) of course trolls....assassins....well come on, these guys can't all be from the Westlands, it just can't be that big, so I propose that there be an added thing into the fish dock area, llol i can't remember anything tonight, called chart making, or travels, whatever, with this (and btw this is mostly for the higher levels that need shit to kill) you'll be able to travel to farther lands in search of stronger enemies, you would have a chart making level that, as you progressed and charted more of the island, you'd A) be able to turn it in for cash, and B) move on to a stronger island with stronger enemies and greater rewards, as i type this I figure I'll explain

Everyone would start out as a level 1 in chartmaking, we would implement a knew boat known as an Imperial, traveling boat only, a weak boat you can upgrade with weapons etc., another idea i'd like to implement into this is new and more sea monsters, what i want this to be is kind of like a mini forest/dark forest on sails, onto the real explanation, if i have more, look at the bottom and I'll add it at the last minute/if i think of more details

Hooli starts out on a new chart quest, he eventually comes across an Uncharted Island here are the options,
Get out and search the Island
Ignore it and move on

Hooli chooses A, get out and search, You anchor your boat near shore and hop into the water, what would you like to do now?
Move onto shore
Scan the beach from the shallows
Get back on the boat[

In this case we'll have Hooli scan it from the shallows You scan the beach from the shallows and notice something sparkling not far away
Go and check it out
Move onwards and ignore it
Scan some more

NOW HERE'S WHERE A NEW IDEA COMES IN, you'd have to buy new tools to do things on these islands, in this case you'd need a shovel, let's say Hooli has a shovel and he decides to check it out.

Hooli walks over to the shining area, there seems to be some kind of mark here (note im doing this in third person for no good reason, as to why im using Hoolis name, its the first one that popped into my head)
Uncover the mark
Move on
Head back to the ship

well you know whats going to happen here right? okay lets branch multiple ways this time, say Hooli digs it up, well heres the catch, this im basing on the luck skill (these are higher areas so you'll need very very high luck) you have a chance of either having no trap, catching hint of a trap and being able to search for it, or having a trap, your luck being to low to notice it and taking heavy damage from it. if he chooses to move on, he can explore, he chooses move on this time and I'll branch into the many possibilities of what happens, I'll choose a set path this time.

As Hooli moves through the jungle he catches glimpses of red colored waisted coat type clothing. I'll go ahead and cut out the whole you do this things and set the path. Hooli follows the clothing and hears something about a pirate ship being in the cove, they plan to catch said pirate and bring it to justice. again more options, try and kill them there, run to your ship (luck), or silently kill both of them (again luck, if it fails they signal the alarm), lets go with the third one. You fail and they get away. You rush back to your ship and watch it burn (Ships HP goes to 0, again getting to your ship is luck based, if you get there first you have a chance of trying to sail away as you sail away you might get caught and have to fight them ship to ship)

As you're distracted by your burning ship one of the men crack in the back of the skull with their weapons. As you wake up you realize you're in chains, you jerk around and hand appears on your neck, you hear a man telling you of what you're convicted of. Okay here I'll tell you what you can do.
Fight back (halves your stats because of the chains
Bribe the executioner to let you go (have to have gold in hand, a minimum of 50k and he may or may not accept it depending on the amount)
Tell the preacher to sod off and accept your fate (for those that want out without the possibility of losing anything

I have more but my fingers are getting tired, there will obviously be different quests for different islands, more variety in monsters, more ship/sea monster fights, there will be new equipment to buy, shovels, paleontologist stuff to uncover sellable bones etc. and ill be basing the shovel thing off how the mines work, better chart level better shovel, IE this means you can go to higher level islands at a lower chart level, but the monsters there will be outrageously strong, and you wont be able to chart/gain treasure there until you're the right level. I also believe we could/should implement the idea of having pets for this, IE you find a parrot you get it to trust you, you gain it as a pet, some pets give you skills (the rare ones) some give you stats (uncommon) and the others give say +1 MAX energy (common), but only when you have the equipped, like the demons. Also, you can get small money for chartmaking, the bigger the island the more you'll have to explore to chart, if you lose your ship you have to find the island again. Again I'll add more if i think of some, give me your advice, ideas, etc. hell if this gets enough comments i might post to feedback or send it to the big honchos themselves, doubt they'll listen to lil ol me though

No Signature

Time Posted: January 24 2011 05:41 am EST
Last updated: January 26 2011 03:54 pm EST

Replies:

Add reply:
Subject:
Body: