You can also play Dark Warriors on
Back to post list
Back a step

Orodreth Tiwele

[+1] [-1]

Subject: Keep in mind
There's more than one way to balance something. I agree with you that buying subby from Southgate should not be the biggest profit-maker in the game. However, as long as there are 2 tiers of subscriptions,

Really, the 2 tiers is the main thing I'm arguing against. Absolute numbers are arbitrary; when you start debating how high the SG price should be, you run into the Sorites paradox.

Having one tier of subby for paying players and one tier of subby for experienced players ingame made a lot of sense; I'll commend you for that.

The problem that we've run into, as you've stated, is that by selling helix, there is a closed loop in the game from which people could make up to 27 mil just from helix sales, when the monthly cost was 15 mil. Other ways to fix this are temporarily removing daily helix for regular subby, lowering the benefit of the HCC, implementing market-based prices for NPC shops (although this would be a little tricky), or even putting more helix into the game itself to drive down prices.

The main factor in the price of helix, other than the amount of helix going around, is the energy benefit one can get from the HCC. The Helix Mines can't create the same circle of profit that Southgate could.

Dealing with many variables is tricky. I wouldn't mind if it took a while to fix.

And, once again, I can't wait for the rebuild.

No Signature

Time Posted: June 28 2010 03:01 pm EDT
Last updated: June 28 2010 03:01 pm EDT

Add reply:
Subject:
Body: