You can also play Dark Warriors on
Back to post list
Back a step

Admin Nate

[+1] [-1]

Subject: We set a date
And then it goes over a day, everyone gets pissy. I can't win this battle so its best not to set dates. So once again I can't make everyone happy by not setting a date. We rather do it this way because it saves us time. And fun fact, it seems as long as the Sistine Chapel, really? The Sistine Chapel took 4 years, we are no where near that amount of time. I certainly hope that you realize this game has been entirely recoded from scratch, no code from here has been used, it was a blank slate. You also realize this started back in January, and almost any big development project takes around 6 months minimum, alot of time it takes even more. Mind you this time is when you have a team of 15-20 programmers and we have 2-3 on the project.

I don't know what you do in your company, or how you run things, thats your prerogative. We run things differently here as well, but still keeps the game successful. You may not think the game is successful, and we are losing customers, but you have no idea what is actually going on behind the scenes. I see your point that communication is important, I totally agree, but it was hard to communicate everything that happens when you program 12-18 hours a day, go to sleep, wake up and start again. Its not that there is any slacking on the project, its just we are trying to make it as perfect as possible so that you all can enjoy it. I hope this actually makes SOME sense to you.

Nate

Time Posted: July 22 2010 01:14 am EDT
Last updated: July 22 2010 02:12 am EDT

Replies:

Add reply:
Subject:
Body: