You can also play Dark Warriors on
Back to post list
Back a step

Twili_Osiris

[+1] [-1]

Subject: Ch. 2 My Name
Confused, Nature stared at the bird that, despite her laws of Phoenix being born from pure fire, stood proudly before her. Nature smiled at the unsual ice phoenix, though she has her laws and makes sure all follow them even she can be caught off guard... like right now. But she was troubled, this creature was the first of her kind and most likely the last; the other phoenix may not be open to a phoenix born from cold.

The ice phoenix continued to look at Nature, waiting for her words, for her purpose of being created, but Nature had no idea what to do with her. She wasn't prepared for this and watched as the bird preened her ice azure feathers.

After a bit, the phoenix looked up from her feathers. "Mother," the bird said, testing out the words.

Nature nodded to the phoenix. "Yes?"

"What is my purpose?"

"I do not know."

"Why was I created?"

"I do not know that either."

The icy blue phoenix looked confused and slightly hurt at the words. How could Nature not know why she was born or what her purpose was? What was she to do? Mother Nature smiled and hugged the phoenix with the caress of a gentle breeze. "Don't despair, little one. I may not know what or why you are here but I know you are special."

"Really?" asked the ice bird, enjoying the wind hug and stretched her wings in a return hug.

"Yes."

The phoenix tilted her head, "But what could my purpose be then?"

Nature sighed. "I'm afraid you have to discover that answer on your own."

"On my own?" The ice phoenix blinked in surprise. She was just born and now had to discover her purpose on her own? She felt uneasy.

"Yes. As I said, I don't know your purpose in life but maybe you'll figure that out yourself."

The ice blue bird still looked uneasy. "Will I be able to discover it?"

Mother Nature nodded and smiled. "You will. It may take weeks, months and perhaps even years before you discover your goal. But keep searching and you'll find it soon enough."

The phoenix nodded and smiled back. "Though before I go searching... Can I have a title?"

"A title?"

"Yes, a word so that others can talk to me and not always call me 'phoenix'."

"Ah, you mean a name?"

The phoenix blushed and nodded, fanning out her wings in embarassment. "Ah, yes... a name."

"Well, why not make your own name? I think you'll be able to choose your own."

"Well..." the icy bird, tilted her head in thought. She looked around her current environment then looked at herself and smiled. "I like blue... Azura."

"A fine and beautiful name. Then you are now Azura... The Winter Phoenix."

Time Posted: June 3 2010 08:38 pm EDT
Last updated: June 3 2010 08:38 pm EDT

Add reply:
Subject:
Body: