You can also play Dark Warriors on
Back to post list
Back a step

Ainfean

[+1] [-1]

Subject: The Begining (Ch. 1)
The sound of thunder echoed through the forest, and over the mountains. The sky was a bright clear blue as the ground started to shake slightly. Very soon the cause of the shaking and sound showed itself on the horizon. A large heard of centaurs thundered through the forest as if nothing was wrong. Suddenly one of the cried out in pain as an arrow bolt struck him in the heart, killing him in seconds. By the time he had fallen an entire volley of arrows loosed from the cover of the trees fell down on the heard. A young centaur girl with dark brown hair ran around her family members during the confusion. Centaurs were falling everywhere until finally a group of swordsmen ran in and started hacking at them, the banner of the Royal Westland Family high above them. The soldiers made sure that ever centaur was dead by placing their swords in their hearts. Males, females, foals, none were spared except the one female foal that managed to take refuge in a large bush. She stepped back away from the carnage, her hoof stepping on a twig and snapping it loudly, she froze. It was too late, she had been discovered. A soldier wiped his blood on the body of a dark brown bodied centaur and walked over. Looking in the brush he saw the young girl, rising it to strike her she stepped back hoping this was only a bad dream. Before his sword could fall a spear pierced his heart as the yell of hundreds of well armed, clearly professional soldiers ran in to the area. A man in a turban with a flowing mustache wielding a long scimitar ran over to the young female, a bright silver orb glowing around his neck
"Come with me Ainfean" his voice was gentle as a summer breeze, but fierce as a winter snap wind. She didn't argue as the man put his cloak around her and led her to a safer place before returning to the battle. She watched carefully, hoping to see her parents somewhere, but nothing could be seen but the flashing swords, spears, and the banner of the group that saved the girl. With in only half an hour of fighting the Westland Army pulled back in to a retreat. The professional soldiers cheered and raised their swords and spears in victorus shouts yelling
"LONG LIVE ARELIA...LONG LIVE ARELIA" the comrades were laughing and joking about the cowardly Westlanders. The centaur girl walked out slowly from the hiding place. She walked up to one of the captains and tugged on his battle cape "Where..where are my parents?" The captain looked down at her and then around the field.
"SIR...?" The man that hid the girl turned around after wiping his sword on the clothing of a dead Westlander "Disgusting pigs..." he muttered as he walked over
"Yes Captain Gestor?"
The captain changed his language so the girl would not understand, it seemed to be a combination of squeaks, caws, purrs, growls, and roars. "Father, are there any Cenaturian survivors..this girl has lost her family.."
he shook his head "Lady Cleigh has welcomed all of them to her gates, the only light of hope here today is Lord Clerin has claimed dozens of Westlanders"
"Then what do we do with the girl?"
"....Bring her back to the Plains with us..perhaps she can make a life fro.." he was cut off by the girl screaming in fear. They looked over and saw her crying and clinging to two adult centaurs, a female with long brown hair in the arms of a male with a brown body.

Ainfean awoke with a start and a scream she looked around the meadow she was in. A silvery gryphon sat beside her, a look of kindness on it's otherwise expressionless face, his wings tucked neatly at his side.
"Ainfean, are you alright?"

"I..I dreamed of that day Gestor...the day your unit saved me..." she suppressed tears as she shook with both sadness and anger. "The day I became the last Centaur of the Vodiea."
"Again?"

"It keeps getting more detailed with every night.." She stood up and walked over to the stream near by. She stooped down, cupped her hands and took a drink of the water, then spit it out.
"Laced...with pollutants..."

"This land is not as pure as it once was...I remember when there was only a hand full of villages that existed in peace. Never thinking of expanding the way they did."

"Why did you and yours war with them?" She asked when she heard this.

"They cut off trade routes with the elves...no where near this damned island. Then when we heard they were trying to over take an entire race...it was my father that persuaded King Dalerin to declare war."

"Why though, Arelia was not to be touched."

"My family was the guardian of the wind, wind is the same as air, air is life, to take over a race is to extinguish life, Father would not stand by and let this happen, nor would I now."

Ainfean stared in to the stream "I want them dead Gestor...all of them"

"None of them remain alive, it's been over one hundred years."

"Not them Gestor, their descendants. The ones that now live in my people's land, and I am going to be the one to kill them"

Gestor said nothing, he understood why she was upset, and understood why she may want the descendants of the settlers dead. However, he did not agree that they should die. After an awkward silence he spoke. "Ainfean, what will come of that?"

She didn't answer, she turned and galloped off to the Inn.

No Signature

Time Posted: April 23 2010 03:26 pm EDT
Last updated: June 13 2010 12:10 pm EDT

Edit Delete

Replies:

Add reply:
Subject:
Body: