You can also play Dark Warriors on
Back to post list
Back a step

Leahe

[+1] [-1]

Subject: Leaving
(i decided to go ahead and post the next section now since i finished it....)

Drago quickly lost the shop keeper in the crowds and slowed his pace to a leisurely walk as to not attract any more attention. He took the long confusing rout back home.

Voices began to fade, streets began to clear until the only things in his sight were large rats scavenging for food and scampering across the dusty, bumpy, deserted streets.

He smiled, juggling the cheese between his hands. He had heard some great news. There was a prisoner in town: a young Bluinthian Captain by the name of Solon.

“Looks like it’s about time for a prison break.” Drago said to himself as he stepped through the open window of an abandoned building and climbed up the stairs. He came across a hole in the wall and climbed through it and into a pretty spacey room. Alec was sitting there, waiting for him.

Drago dropped a few golden drachmas he had stolen into the little fountain in the corner and then dropped the cheese in front of Alec and sat down.

“I’m going away for a while.” Drago said.

“When are you going to come back?” the young boy asked, clearly unsettled.

“I honestly don’t know. Could be weeks, months, days, hours. Depends on if my plan is successful.”

“You’re getting out of here?”

Drago nodded “if all goes well.”

“Then take me with you!” the boy said, eyes glowing with excitement

Drago shook his head “I’m sorry, but you can’t come. It’s far too dangerous.”

Alec frowned as he munched on a slice of bread smeared over with cheese “Why?”

“I’m going to fight.”

“On which side?” Alec knew he was talking about the war

“The Bluinthians of course.” Drago said taking a bite out of another slice of bread.

“When are you leaving?”

“Tomarrow night.”

Alec nodded

“You know what this means don’t you?”

“What?”

“You’re going to have to fend for yourself while I’m away. I won’t be here to play big brother. Do you understand?”

Alec nodded “I understand.”

“Good.”

The two ate the rest of their stolen meal in silence.

Time Posted: April 2 2010 01:23 am EDT
Last updated: May 9 2010 07:47 pm EDT

Replies:

Add reply:
Subject:
Body: