You can also play Dark Warriors on
Back to post list
Back a step

Havenn_

[+1] [-1]

Subject: Chapter 2. To fight and defend
The sky turned a blood red as the sun rose the next morning. Damon stood silently outside the broken castle, staring at their path. He turned back to face Lithia, Kaige, and Sable who waited atop their horses, their eyes flicking from him to their path to their new home.
“Are we ready to go?” he asked as he looked them over, checking that their packs were safely secured to their saddles and that they each had weapons somewhere on them.
“I believe so....are you positive that you don’t want me to run ahead and you ride with the girls?” Lithia asked, eyeing her son quizzically.
“No. Lucius asked me to take the coven to Westland and that is what I shall do.” He smiled his crooked smile and took off up the path. The thud of the galloping horses soon heard behind him.
For the first hour or so, it was easy to keep watch. Damon flitted along the coven, changing direction to make sure that they weren’t being followed and that their path ahead was open. Soon after they made it out of the grayish swamp lands, though, trees were coming into view as they made their way into a dense forest. Kaige and Sable stared in wonder at the trees and shrubbery around them, excited, having never been in a forest before. Lithia watched them in amusement and then went back to scanning the road ahead.
Damon climbed nimbly up one of the tall oaks and watched from above as the vampiresses trotted beneath him. He waited quietly on the branch, watching the path and the trees. He flicked to his infrared vision and checked for any heat signatures near them. The only red that he saw was that of the horses and a few birds and small creatures scattered throughout the forest. The horses and their riders rounded a corner, out of sight to Damon. He flicked his vision back to normal and jumped down from the limb, landing silently on his feet, cloak billowing out behind him. He started back, following the path that the girls had made through the brush when a deafening roar sounded, followed by a scream that was undeniably Kaige’s.
“DAMON!” Lithia’s voice sounded out, echoing through the trees as Damon ran quickly around the corner. He stopped as he neared them, Kaige lying on the leaf covered ground, her leg pinned under her horse that had been very nearly ripped in half, Sable had ahold of her younger sisters arms, trying vainly to tug her out from under the carcass, and Lithia stood in front of both of them, eight throwing stars sitting in between her fingers as she readied herself to defend her coven.

No Signature

Time Posted: March 31 2010 04:04 pm EDT
Last updated: May 23 2010 07:51 pm EDT

Replies:

Add reply:
Subject:
Body: