You can also play Dark Warriors on
Back to post list
Back a step

Havenn_

[+1] [-1]

Subject: Chapter 1. A homecoming
Heavy footsteps echoed through the corridor and Evleah Ashe raised her eyes from the book that she was holding and looked at her grandson as he stepped into the darkness of her bedroom. He stood in her doorway and bowed low to her, a crooked smile played on his pale face as he waited for her approval to enter.
“Ah Damon, what brings you to my chambers so late?” She said as she placed the book on the bedside table and motioned him forward.
“I have news.” He moved toward her and stopped at the high glass window, glancing out at the half-full moon.
Evleah sat up straighter, placing her hands in her lap. “Concerning what? Has Lithia returned?”
He turned away from the window and looked at her, his blue eyes gleaming in the pale moonlight. “Indeed she has.”
“And....? What has she discovered?”
“She says that the Pyne Coven has long since gone. Exterminated perhaps...but either way, Lucius has agreed that we shall move into their old lands and take control.” Damon crossed his arms over his chest and smiled at the thought of leaving the Gods forsaken piece of swampland where they had made there ‘home’.
Evleah blinked slowly, her gray eyes looked Damon over as a smile matching his claimed her own lips. She stood up and peered out at the moon. “I would like to speak with Lucius before we go. Im sure you can tell Kaige and Sable that we will be leaving soon?”
Damon nodded and bowed to her again as she left out the door. He straightened himself and strode back out into the candle-lit hall heading deeper into the old castle ruins. As he walked he pictured their new home in his mind. Tall, well built stone walls, fit for the royalty that they would soon be encasing, and dark, green forests surrounding it all....forests that would hold people....and people that would feed a starving vampire coven.
All of a sudden, three silver throwing stars hit the wall in front of him. Damon stood, his eyebrow cocked quizzically as light footsteps sounded from the side corridor. A petite woman with long, curly, blond hair came running up to the wall and pulled the weapons from it. “Oh! Damon! I didn’t see you!” Her eyes were bright with happiness as she noticed him.
“Good evening, Kaige.” He said as she raised up from her curtsy. “Im pleased to say that Lithia is back,” Kaige’s eyes widen, waiting with a held breath for what she hoped Damon would say. “And, we are finally leaving this wretched swamp!” He barely had the words from his mouth before Kaige had launched herself at him, wrapping her arms around his neck and her legs around his waist.
“Finally!! I knew something good would happen soon! I just knew it!” As Kaige giggled in delight, another tall woman with light brown hair slowly made her way around the corner and stood, smirking, against the wall.
“Apparently Lithia is back. And good news too from Kaige’s reaction.” Sable Ashe nodded at Damon and Kaige as the giddy vampiress climbed down from Damon’s torso.
“Yes! We get to leave here!! And go....” Kaige turned her head back to Damon and frowned. “Where are we going, by the way?”
Damon chuckled and pointed out one of the many windows that lined the corridor. “We go East. To the land of the Pyne coven....No one has inhabited it in a long while.” Kaige smiled again and twirled down the hall from where she came. “Im going to go get my things ready to go!!” Sable sighed as she watched her sister trot away and then turned back to Damon. “And you’re sure that there are humans enough to feed on?”
“Of course, Lithia made sure of it. She said that we may even be able to change a few and raise our numbers.....that is of course, if the human is willing.” Damon frowned slightly, knowing that it was a touchy subject with Sable who was changed against her will.
“Yes...willing.” Sable’s eyes darken and she curtsies lightly to Damon “I should go get my things ready as well. We will be ready by dawn, Damon.” With that she turned on her heel and followed Kaige’s path to their room.
Damon took a breath and headed back to his own room to gather his things. Before he made it to his door a deep voice sounded behind him. “I trust that everyone in the coven has been notified of the decision to move, Damon?” Lucius Ashe stood tall behind Damon, stiff and powerful. Damon turned and bowed low, his eyes on the ground in deep respect. “Yes, Lucius. They will be ready by daybreak.”
“Then I leave them in your control. You and Lithia will lead the coven to Westland tomorrow, Evleah and I are leaving tonight to make sure that you will have safe passage.”
Damon stood tense as Lucius nodded to him, Evleah following close behind after laying a soft kiss on her grandson’s forehead. “Be safe.”

No Signature

Time Posted: March 30 2010 03:22 pm EDT
Last updated: May 23 2010 07:51 pm EDT

Replies:

Add reply:
Subject:
Body: