You can also play Dark Warriors on
Back to post list
Back a step

Gjuro

[+1] [-1]

Subject: I know reading ..
forums is vital (hell, I'm posting on it so I probably know it, huh?) but my point is that info cannot be easily and readily found there. And some of us are lazy and don't wanna bother with it. And some of us are arrogant and think they know it all already. And bla bla bla ...
Point is, if Berlock is supposed to guide you then he should GUIDE you ..... following Berlock will guide you, right, but in the WRONG direction. For example, to finish Berlock you have to gain skill, therefore gain level 10. And everyone agrees you should camp first?! See the dilemma here? Should I listen to people, guides, forums, clans etc.; or should I listen to Berlock, who is there to point me in the right direction? I go with people's opinion ....

That said, I can see YOUR point, forcing new members to join Lyceum is wrong, but since it is part of Berlock I assumed it was official training for DW, like tutorial or something .... but I still feel it should be one of the first thing new members of DW should see.

To conclude, if Berlock is to stay, he needs serious rethinking ....... in his current state he does more harm than good.

First of all make gaining skill a voluntary part with recomendation that it should be done much later.

Second, it say do some fishing. If boat price will be changed to 5000 then it night work but at current price of 500 gold small percentage of people can get that much money fast enough ... which leads to cutting corners and leveling etc...

Third. Per your suggestion make Lyceum on top of the list. (2nd or 3rd quest)

Fourth. Add Reading forums as obligatory part of Berlock's. Make it No. 1 or 2 on the list. To be more specific: point newbies to read game help before they can continue their progress.

Option: Add joining Newbie chat as part of the to-do list

Disclaimer:
I know I am new to this, but I just call them as I see them, and once I again I must say this : if I followed Berlock's quest to the letter I would have quit !!! . I know I'm not the smartest and don't represent ALL the newbies, but from my experience Berlock is plain wrong.

Agree or don't, it's fine by me, but keep in mind that people who stumble upon this game have some preconceptions of how games of this sort are played. You already know all the ins and outs, but someone had to guide me through my beginning, and Berlock ISN'T the one who done it . If anyone comes here and starts playing in the manner of most games they'll be in trouble fast.

BTW. Plus karma for you because of saying something I asked you not to say

Time Posted: March 21 2010 01:17 pm EDT
Last updated: March 21 2010 01:17 pm EDT

Add reply:
Subject:
Body: