You can also play Dark Warriors on
Back to post list
Back a step

_Rogue_

[+1] [-1]

Subject: Lightning in the Land of Ice
Aeguris walks back in to the pub as he sees Kujo leave it, he resists the temptation to attack him due to a lack of trust between their people. He hops up on the hearth to warm his fur and feathers though looking at Twili.
“And so you now have fire and water, does the book say where the other objects may…” he stopped when he saw a ring she was wearing spark, though Twili didn’t seem to notice the sparks and that led Aeguris to believe it was best not to say anything “…..where the other objects may be?”

Twili still reading her book simply answered “No”
“Perhaps the ice may be in Daron….I will fly there and see what I can find….would you like to accompany me…you look like you could use a short break, the cool mountain air may do you some good.”
“I….I guess so…”

Aeguris walked to the door way and shifted in to gryphon form crouching down to allow Twili to get on his back, once she was on him he leaped in to the air and took flight. As they soared over forests and plains Twili’s eyes seemed to have returned to normal, it was as though she were normal again. They fly over a large town with a bright glow in the center of it as though a festival fire was burning. Aeguris noticed the chill that was coming from the north he landed in front of the town and took his human form and handed Twili his mantle
“put this on we are going to port to Daron before we lose too much more daylight”
She took the mantle and draped it around her, in a flurry of snow Aeguris and Twili appeared in a small town. The snow fell heavily around them, though the townsfolk didn’t seem to notice nor did Aeguris who walked straight down the road turning sideways to avoid bumping in to people. Twili wraped the mantle around her and followed Aeguris in to a small building. The two sat down in front of a table in an room that was empty except the table chairs and a silver basin filled with water on the table
After hours of waiting a druidess walks in and sits in front of Aeguris and Twili “Ask what you will”
Aeguris knew she was speaking to Twili though she thought the druidess was speaking to Aeguris, when no one said anything she spoke again in an annoyed tone
“Ask what you will”
Again neither of them spoke, but Twili’s eyes glowed red from getting upset at the druidess tone
Aeguris leaned in and whispered “Twili….she’s talking to you…and it’s best not to go nutso on her…she has more power than that book can give you”
Twili, resiting the urge to both flip the druidess off and kill her, growled out “Are there any elemental objects in Daron”
The Druidess placed her hand in the silver basin “Ice, Water, and Lightning are near” she stood up and left the room.

“This damned place is nothing but ice and water, what the hell is that suppose to mean”
“Well Twili, I brought the water element with us so it wouldn’t be stolen ..” Aeguris paused not wanting to say that the Orb he had give her was ice rather than fire “….ice is all around us yes…but…where did you get that ring?”
Twili looked at the ring Orian gave her “From the Lightning Gryphon…..why”
the book fried her brain cells as well? Aeguris thought to his self though he said “I think that might be the object of lightning” he took the ring and swiped it against the table, large jolts of lightning struck out of the dark blue jewel in the center
“Oh…..well how was I to know they didn’t draw a picture of the damned things” Twili’s eyes glowed with anger
Aeguris shook his head and walked out with Twili following the entire time complaining about the druidess. Along the way back down the street Aeguris notice a group of people running from the town gates before he can react to them they knock him and Twili down on the ground when Aeguris looks up and sees the reason he grabs Twili and pushes her in to a building and seals the door with ice. He draws his sword and, while shouting orders to soldiers he charges the gate. While Aeguris slashes and hacks at God only knows what Twili attempts to break down the door by kicking it, when that fails she tries busting it down with her sword. Finally after at least half an hour a sudden freezing wind sweeps through the town extinguishing all of the fires, even those inside buildings and breaks the seal on the door holding Twili in. She walks out and stares at Aeguris who, along with his soldiers, are standing amongst ten or fifteen dead lycans along with several ice statues that were caused by the wind that Aeguris apparently let out.
Wiping the blood from his blade Aeguris barks the order “Get those damn dogs out of this town and double the guard in the event of a second wave” as he walks over to a statue of one that was frozen while he shifted
“Save this one…..we could use him”
Twili’s eyes glowed with anger “Use him for what”
“Interrogation”
“Aeguris….” She bristled angerly
Wiping his blade on the snowy ground “Twili, before you try and kill me, these aren't normal lycans they don't listen to anyone, sometimes not even their own rulers, they attacked this town and so I cut them down.......or turned them in to "pup”sicles”
A few of the nearby soldiers snickered causing Twili to snap at them and her eyes to glow blood red, they just shake their heads and continue to drag the dead bodies out of the town
“Twili calm down” she continued to glare at the soldiers, this time growling deep in her throat. Aeguris’ hand goes to his sword but fights the urge to strike her down. He took a growl at his men as a threat on their lives. Her eyes glow brighter he ignored the glow and knelt down my a lycan and began to skin it of it’s fur
“Maybe I should use you in the ritual gryphon”
“why because I won’t kill my enemies like that.” He pointed to a group of people the lycans had killed before they could be stopped. They were torn to shreds much like the way Rogue was when he was killed
Twili’s eyes return to normal as a picture of Rogue flashes arcoss her face and memory “…..Rogue…”
Standing Aeguris walks over to Twili and places a hand on her shoulder, the scene of Twili’s and Rogue’s first meeting appears in a vision of snow and ice. Twili watches as though she is in a trance, in the scene Rogue walks over and says something to make Twili laugh before sitting down, they talk and drink for hours as though they are old friends.
Twili blinks slowly, her voice breaking “Rogue…..”
“Twili, I am all ways watching you” Rogue’s soft voice whirled around her on a warm summer like wind melting the snow around her. As the wind died off and the snow fall began to fill the bare patch on the ground Twili blinked and smiled saying his name one last time before bowing her head and falling forward in faint. Aeguris catching her before she hit the ground picked her up and in a flurry of snow brought her back to the Inn in Westland, carried her upstairs and layed her on a bed in a vacant room. She curled up and muttered “…going to bring you….and Max…and everyone…back…”
Looking in to her thoughts, Aeguris could tell she wasn’t fully sleeping , he saw her nightmares, she watched Rogue torn to shreds, Max and Elven murdered, and Fionoch rot in his sleep.
That damned book is going to destroy her…by sleep deprivation if nothing else… He thought. He attempts to put her in to a deep sleep with a cooling wind and wiggle the book from her hoping she will sleep more soundly if she doesn’t have contact with it. She simply curls around it more protectively
Muttering very softly “Let god before I freeze you…..” Aeguris gives up on that attempt and walks out of the room

Time Posted: December 4 2009 03:45 pm EST
Last updated: December 20 2009 04:37 am EST

Replies:

Add reply:
Subject:
Body: