You can also play Dark Warriors on
Back to post list
Back a step

Baldr

[+1] [-1]

Subject: quick point,
my name isn't Haldir anymore, nor is NinjaFail known as Boromir, so actually.....

Having said that, i will answer your poll.........

What is your favorite kind of game over all? [Role Play/Adventure, First Person Shooter, Action, Side Scrolling (older games) ,Strategy or other]?

This is a tough choice for me, because i grew up with Total Annihilation, the first Age of Empires and the Warcraft series on PC. then i got my xbox and then my 360, and i looooove the Halo series, and i have World of Warcraft installed on my laptop. So really for me i have 3 favourites: strategy ON THE PC (they just dont work on a console), an FPS on my console, and WoW (fantasy/PvP roleplay).

On a scale of 1-10 (1 being LEAST), How much do you LIKE Role Play (as in RP Chat/Forum)?

I don't do it myself, so its difficult to judge. But i do like the RP elements of DW, so i'd say it was entirely appropiate for the forums, so i give it an 8

Do you prefer progressing your character by being able to purchase (with real money) your power, or by earning it through hard work and game dedication?

hard work, because then i know its my work in-game, no my work in the real life thats made my char what it is, and thus keeps the RP element intergral

On a scale of 1-10 (1 being the LEAST), how important are 3-D Graphics (or any graphics in a game). OR. Could you play a game and PREFER text only to a graphic game

Being a WoW/FPS/Strategy nut, these are all 3D rendered in some basic form in the beginning, and now are all quite sophisticated. But I like DW precisely because its that one game which is different to the rest of my gaming repertoire, as its the only text based game i play.

In a role play game (by your experience with FF or any other RP Game) What were your favorite (or most memorable) aspects of the game? (Airships, character classes, story lines, character personality traits, boss fights, battle systems, quests, or anything unique to any game)

choosing different classes and playing with different abilities, i.e. experimenting, is always fun, but its the RP mingled with a char personality that either you or the game develops which really sells a game for me, i.e the 'immersion' you feel in Assasin's Creed is what really sells it for me.

In any other game OTHER THAN an RPG, what stood out to you the most? What did you like most about these games??

in FPS' such as my recent purchase of Halo 3 ODST, its just a sense of fun and adrenaline combined, in the age of empires series and other strategy games, what made them for me was playing with different races and finding different combinations and strategies.

In an RPG, Do you enjoy tons and tons of endless Sub quests? (Not pertaining to the story, but will get you extra, special items).

Yes. As a WoW enthusiast and a proud owner of Fable I and II and Elder Scrolls Morrowind and Oblivion, adding sub-quests adds to the feeling of 'immersion' in the game and the extra items you get are normally great for making your char either more powerful or more wealthy. For me, an FPS without side quests is 'too easy' to complete, and just feels 'shallow', i.e not enough depth, ergo you don't feel immersed in the game.

Would the ability to completely modify (down to the smallest detail) your character in a game make it more appealing?

Yes. Making your char just as you want him/her really makes you engage with the RP element of the game.

An OGN related question... Do you like the battles + LOG system used here? In other words... do you like being able to kill and be killed by offline players? Would you rather the ability to challenge online players to duels?

This would be cool, but I think if they introduced it, it would seriously f%$£ with the mechanics of venning.

Do you prefer more serious games (with deep, involving, rich stories and great gameplay) or fun and funny silly games that you could play over and over at boring times?

Being a WoW-er, i prefer serious games, but sometimes these can be frustrating so kicking back with a silly game can be just as fun.

How much work are you willing to do in a game like this? For example.. if the ability to create arrows for Archers were considered, and you could level up your ability to make better wood pieces, and your stone cutting skills to make better arrow heads... how much effort would you put in to doing all of that work?

I would be willing to put a lot of work in, as i feel this all adds to the RP element of the game by adding a sense of realism. Plus i'd love to forge my own sword!

What is your opinion on sub objectives in a game (such as collecting cards within the game)?

I think this question falls under the purview of the subquests question you asked earlier, so I'd refer you to my answer to that question (yes).

Your general opinion on clans/guilds/alliances/groups/etc?

They're great for making groups of friends and communities, and you can find one to suit you (i.e. camper or venner), so they're awesome in my opinion.

Do you like games with massive worlds in which you can explore different areas to find different ways to play the game?

Yes, as i did mention earlier, i am an Oblivion/WoW nut so that kind of thing is my bread and butter.

When playing an online game like this, do you prefer to spend all day online doing so many tasks you have to accomplish for the day, or the choice to get online and simply accomplish some things quickly for the day because you don't have time for it otherwise?

Thats a tricky question. If i had the time, i would do my mining every reset and get ym win % up and do lots of other things in DW. But because i'm back at university i just log in once a reset, do my training, check the forums and logout. But what i like about DW is that that's enough to keep me interested until i get more time to engage more with the other elements of DW.

What exactly do you like in a game, in terms of theme? (Medieval, Space, Dinosaur, Time, Dragons, Fairies, War, Magic, Swords, Demons, Vampires, Angels, Elves, Knights, Cars, Crime, Werewolves, etc?) What would MOSTLY call your attention? What should the game have in its title to interest you?

I'm a big WoW/LotR lore fan, so anything with tauren or elves or orcs or anything like lotr/wow based stuff gets my vote - so mostly medieval/feudal type stuff

Final and Most Important Question

Specifically to you... what would you include in a game, if you had the choice... what would you like to see in a game that you had seen before? What do you like? Battle ideas? magic system format ideas? weapon ideas? quest ideas? market ideas? anything AT ALL. Just leave your general input on what makes a game GOOD FOR YOU.

The ability to customise your weapons and armour. Whilst we can make custom armour and weapons, they are all the same, and there's no way of further modding them besides adding more pwer every level. I love smithing, especially rune smithing, in RPG games, and would love to see a runecrafting/smithing element introduced so you can graft runes onto your weapons and armour. Also, somehow being able to customize what our weapons and armour look like would also be awesome.

Hope that answers your questionnaire dude!

Time Posted: November 23 2009 03:25 am EST
Last updated: November 24 2009 09:25 am EST

Replies:

Add reply:
Subject:
Body: