You can also play Dark Warriors on
Back to post list
Back a step

Staff Witch_Elia

[+1] [-1]

Subject: Stock market/Companies
Here is an idea. What if we would have a westland stock market. There would be shares for Dwelling/Stone Hut, Shares for Dark Forest Corporation, Jousting Barracks Shares, Trapping Hunter & co etc.

The value of the shares would change every reset depending on how many times players clicked on these specific places, like how popular they are.

So one would be able to play the stock market. Buy a share low when a specific item is not so popular and then sell it later when a specific place becomes more popular and hence more valuable.

Shares could be bought with platinum. For example 100 platinum per share.

---------------------------------------------------------------------
Update:
It could also be so that players would be able to open companies. And become real merchants.

The point of the company would be for example to make trades for other people. So basically someone invests in the company by buying its shares on the stock market and the company offers % cheaper goodies. The more you buy the shares of the company the more discount you get. And the more in total that is invested in the company the higher value the company has on the stock market.

So ...
1. I open a company called "Witch's Helix Brooms" that trades helixes (only one item allowed?)
2. I announce that my company will trade helix for players in trade chat.
3. Players buy the shares of my company on the stock market. To get a discount one has to buy shares. The more he buys the shares the more discount he gets.
4. I buy helix from the market or other players or get helix from my subby or any other way.
5. I sell helixes to the players who have the shares with a discount. Depending on how much they invested.
6. They would get more discount than what they invested.
7. So the merchants job would be to buy goodies cheap from the general markets and deliver them to the customers. The merchant will sell the goodies with a higher price than he bought but still with a dicount for the buyer. The more the buyer invests in the company the more he gets discount...

8. The more there has been invested in total the higher the value of the company and the higher the cost of the shares.

9. Now comes the moment of stockplay. You buy shares (you invest in a company and can get cheaper goodies) or you sell shares... If you bought the shares when they were cheap and you sold them back once they were expensive then you get profit but at the same time you loose the chance to buy cheaper goodies.

Time Posted: October 16 2009 09:58 am EDT
Last updated: October 19 2009 04:40 am EDT

Replies:

Add reply:
Subject:
Body: