You can also play Dark Warriors on
Back to post list
Back a step

Tokken

[+1] [-1]

Subject: First Lance
The herald
---------------//---------------

The herald comes to the arena looking for a place where he is most visible by all the public. It has been such a long time he has not introduced his Lord in a jousting.

"My Ladies and my lords, such an a honor I have today
And this I shall not betray, introduce this night in due accords.
A Knight unknown to your end, because of past tragedy
That in Jousting for a lady, he has incapacitated his best friend.

But the promise of not Jousting again, has been overcome by Love
For the hand of Lady Arianna is above, any sorrow death or pain.
I bring you the son of King Robskill and our most dear Queen Wykoru
Tokken is a noble not of his will, but to his linage his nobility is due.

So let me shorten my words, for the enjoyment of your grace
For here face to face, is a master of lances and swords.
The greatest Knight of this aeon, unseen for many ages
The hero of heroes, sage of sages, my lord Tokken Leprechaun!"

The Knight and the horse
---------------//---------------

The herald smiles and with a deep bow moves from the arena. From the left side of the arena a knight appears. He moves slowly in his cold blood destrier, a war horse given by his best friend during the time Tokken use to Joust. But that has been a long time ago, before the accident in which he had forced Karma_Jack out of the Jousting arena and had led Tokken to promise his mother that he would never Joust again. The white horse extremely calm as she has been in this situation so many times. The chanfron of horse and the armor of Knight as one in perfect match as if horse and knight were one. In the whole white horse knight conjunct one would have hard time to identify spurs and stirrups but not in this case. Each detail had been shaped as if to enhance beauty rather than power, for 'jousting is about beauty' Tokken used to say. The armor as the horse was a gift from Karma_Jack who insisted that Tokken should continue Jousting, but he had refused to do so until this day.

Today however it has changed. Tokken is again in the list field and he is in his Armor Beauty and on his horse Lady Em. All has changed because of one person: Princess Arianna Stone Castle. She has healed the pain and has given Tokken the spirit to joust again since that was the requirement for her hand.

Tokken moves with Lady Em to take position. The excitement of being in the lists again is something he had forgotten. It is only here that he is not a joker; no, here in the lists the knight who he was raised to be appears again. All the mischief and jokes are gone, no grin or coins; 'Joust is for noble hearts and not for clowns' Tokken would say when asked the reason for being so serious during tilting.

The Joust
--------------//---------------
Position... Flag down... Lady Em moves in a perfect ambling, taking speed not seen yet in a war horse. Tokken feels the strength of his horse pushing him forward, passing through his body and being concentrated in the lance. Tokken focus on his opponent. It is Lord "Pu" in his horse coming from the opposing side of the lists. Lady Em is mightier and bigger which it presents a new factor to Tokken's style: his lance will have to hit lower than the normal. Tokken had always aimed to the shoulder of his opponents; never to the head for fear that would the worst happen. But keeping the lance in parallel position would hit Lord Pu's head and that mean he would have to make it lower a bit. Tokken keeps his position though, any change would compromise his balance and he knew just so well that would not happen again (that had caused the accident). The wind is in his back and it seems to push the horse even faster forward. Tokken is closer now and he can see Lord Pu just so well, Tokken lower his lance just before the impact towards Pu's sholder... Tokken feels the shock throughout his body while looking for the steady hold of Lady Em who had so far hold him as if in a motherly embrace never letting him fall. But would she hold him today? One thought crosses Tokken's mind: 'Princess Arianna is watching you and this is your only chance..'

Time Posted: September 8 2009 09:45 pm EDT
Last updated: September 10 2009 09:15 pm EDT

Replies:

Add reply:
Subject:
Body: