You can also play Dark Warriors on
Back to post list
Back a step

PrinceFinisher

[+1] [-1]

Subject: The Ultimate thief guide,

PART - I

Thieves are a difficult class to build well, but can be extremely rewarding if played properly and if you put some thought into your character.

First off are your abilities, Strength and Agility are your two most important abilities followed by Defence and Wisdom.

I suggest trying to keep your training evenly distributed over all four stats. and spending your AP on the ones that need increasing.

PART - II

Stats:

Strength: very important, should be as high as you can get it.

Agility: The key ability for the thief, should be as high as you can get it.

Defense: Not as important as the other stats. train when you have reached max gains for your level for the other stats.

Wisdom: Important, but not as much as Strength or

Agility. i recomend keeping wisdom about half the level of your strength and agility. look at wisdom in terms of how many times you want to use your skills in a battle.

AP allocation:

Always put at lest one AP into health, the rest should go in strength, agility or health, so for every 3 level ups, 2 AP in Strength, 2 AP in Agility and 5 AP in Health.

Skills:

Pickpocket and Mug:

avoid these two, i have found them to be a waste of time and platinum.

Stealth:

useful skill early on, but it may become obsolete.

Poison Dagger:

useful skill early on, but it becomes obsolete.

Stab:

Good skill until you get Shadow Slash

Net Attack:

A little unreliable but still a good skill, tend to set it for 15% in each health range

Shadow Slash:

Very random, but very effective skill, works well with Net Attack.

Stat Guide:

For the minimums: If you can keep up with this then you will be an average player. If you go above and beyond this you can be a Force to be feared in the Ven!

HP . . . . . . 20x level
Strength . . 2x Level
Agility. . . . .2x Level
Defense . . 1x Level
Wisdom . . 1.5x level

Typically i would suggest at each level up do the following:

Strength put 1 Ap in here every level up

Agility put 1 Ap in here every level up

Defense / Wisdom / HP alternate your third point between these 3 (one level up put an Ap in Wisdom, the next put an Ap in Defense, and the next put an Ap in Hit Points, then repeat)

Thief Skills:

Pickpocket costs 5 Wisdom

Level: 10 Platinum cost to learn 15

Pickpocket deals no damage but instead steals 5% gold from the opponents hand. Will not work on npc opponents.

This skill is best used when gold hunting in the ven, create a custome search and sort by gold in hand but make sure you are only searching opponents that will not kill you easily as you miss an attack to use this skill.

Stealth costs 5 Wisdom

Level: 15 Platinum cost to learn 25

Stealth increases your agility by 10.

This skill is best used at the start of a battle, i suggest setting it to up to 20% in the first range only.

Poison Dagger costs 5 Wisdom

Level: 15 Platinum cost to learn 25

This attack deals normal damage and also poisons your opponent. at the end of each of their turns they will take poison damage equal to the number of succesful poison dagger hits you have made so far in the battle.

This skill is good for long battles against opponents with good defence as it is guarenteed damage every turn. i suggest you use it as your primary attack, setting it to maximum in all health ranges except the first where it should be set to 80%.

Stab costs 7 Wisdom

Level: 20 Platinum cost to learn 40

A damaging attack that adds +5 to the power of your attack.

Use this as your main attack from level 20, combo it with Net attack and poison dagger for best results.

Net Attack costs 7 Wisdom

Level: 20 Platinum cost to learn 40

An entangling attack that traps your opponent for 3 turns but has a 50% chance of missing.

This attack is a really important one but doesnt truely shine untill level 30, when you get Shadow Slash. Use this set on between 10-15% in the first four health ranges and 0% on the last one.

Mug costs 10 Wisdom

Level: 25 Platinum cost to learn 60

a normal attack that also steal 5% of your opponents gold in hand. a better version of pickpocket that should replace it.

This skill is best used when gold hunting in the ven, create a custome search and sort by gold in hand but make sure you are only searching opponents that will not kill you easily as youwill not be using your normal skills.

Shadow Slash costs 10 Wisdom

Level: 30 Platinum cost to learn 90

Hide in the shadows and attack your opponent with random slashes.

This is your main attack from now on, its very random, but can do massive damage. for best results, combo it with net attack but increase the percentages of net by aproximately 5% so its now 15-20% in the first four health ranges.

Imperium costs 30 Wisdom

Level: 50 Platinum cost to learn 300

Direct the suns rays into a powerful blast

as i am not yet level 50 i havnt tested this skill yet

Skill Configuration

Note these are only suggestions and should be used as starting points, they are by no means the only way to set your skills up.

up to level 15 you have no real skills to speak of appart from pick pocket which should be used only for gold hunting.

Level 15

Stealth 20% / 0% / 0% / 0% / 0%
Poison Dagger 80% / 100% / 100% / 100% / 100%

Level 20

Poison Dagger 10% / 10% / 10% / 10% / 100%
Stab 55% / 80% / 75% / 80% / 0%
Net Attack 15% / 10% / 15% / 10% / 0%

Level 30

Poison Dagger 10% / 10% / 10% / 10% / 0%
Stab 0% / 0% / 0% / 0% / 100%
Net Attack 20% / 15% / 20% / 15% / 0%
Shadow Slash 50% / 75% / 70% / % / 0%

PART - III

Battle Thief

Thief class is one of the favorites in the DW world since it is focused more on stealth and quick set of consecutive attacks, without giving the enemy a chance to retaliate. As a matter of fact, the only thing that can defeat a thief class is by concentrating in agility too, that’s why a lot of job classes are using it in the game.

But let's focus on the real masters of stealth, the thieves

Thief building basics
A wannabe thief must learn the essential art of camping, well if you don't know camping, it is simply adjusting your exp tax setting by 90% and rarely participate in killing on low levels, and instead use your precious energy in the lumber mill, or even mine and fish if you have the tools...

Camping already starts at the first 5 levels. A good a camper would be patient enough to at least last a week before leveling up, in each level... Say for example you are level 3, it is assumed that you have camped for 21 days... LOL... seems boring isn't it... well you can ignore this by checking your trains, and if your trains reach about 3 and below in each every stat, you may try to level...

Camping is essential in lower levels so that bullying or picking of high level noobs that kill newbies like us will not have a chance in doing so. And one more thing... try to stay in level 5 and train a lot there as much as possible. Don't ask why, and just try it for yourself.

Stats Distribution
During camping and training, you must be patient enough to be responsible of your characters stats, and don't forget about 2x train in each day.

From level 1 – 5:
AP distribution every level up (total of 12)

Your stats must at least end up like this at level 5, greater than mentioned here would be better:

Agility: +4 AP + at least 2x + 4 of your level
Strength: +2 AP + at least 2x + 2 of your level
Defense: +4 AP + at least 2x + 3 of your level
Wisdom: 2x your level
HP: +2 AP

Now you got the desired level 5, you might as well want to buy a pair of rings, both the ring of wind, and ring of strength.

Still you don't have the chance to build up for the skills, but starting in level 6 you may want to pump a on wisdom if you want to be aided with your support skills, or if you have plans in changing your characters job to a Mage or acolyte at level 30.

Now from this level on you are on your own now, and you're much vulnerable to Ven attacks. Let this distribution of stats guide you.

From level 6-15:
Maintain Agility x2 of your level + 10, Strength x 1.5 of your level + 5, Defense x 2 of your level + 5, and always distribute a point of AP to the HP every level up.

In my guide it seems that I devalue strength here, but I would say, DON'T ACT LIKE SWORDIES!!! SWORDIES for their part increase strength tremendously and also add agility for their part. Remember thieves must focus on stealth, so that's why this guide focused on Agi and Def. Only beyond level 20 start pumping your strength like crazy, but still not compromising your def.

For the skills:
Obtain stealth as primary and always equip it beforehand. if you have thought of getting poison dagger as well, use it on the first HP percent increment with both 50% chance. If your have stab, replace poison dagger with this skill, and instead transfer the latter skill on the mid HP increment.

Last words to say, the aforementioned guide is of my own opinion and undertaking, and I would like to suggest this to those who want to study under me. It may not be perfect, but it would surely conquer the majority of the DW universe. The final choice is yours each of us has his or her own unique way to build a character.

No Signature

Time Posted: August 25 2009 10:02 am EDT
Last updated: July 2 2012 04:22 pm EDT

Edit Delete

Replies:

Add reply:
Subject:
Body: