You can also play Dark Warriors on
Back to post list
Back a step

Blucious Dragos

[+1] [-1]

Subject: Newbie Fishing Help
I'm hoping this post will be followed by lots of replies with tips on fishing the first area, since that is where us newbies will be fishing for a while, and fishing is said to be one of the best ways a newbie can make gold.
For this post, and it is intended for all post under this heading, we will assume that you have only the basic "rowboat" rig, and the rest of the gear needed to catch fish. I'd like this to include the gear used and location for good fishing in the area that is accessible by the rowboat. In this way the new player can have a better chance to make some gold and get moving into the more fun parts of the game. Thanks in advance for all who contribute!
From NaIza's Guide we learn that the direction your rig (boat) is facing is important, as well as the x-y coordinates. Other details may also be just as important, so please try to be as detailed as possible in describing your experiences.

My experience so far has been that there are Trout and Salmon to be caught in the first little square. I caught 14 Trout using 23 casts lost 3 hooks and one line in the process, but felt I had a pretty successful fishing trip. I stopped my rowboat at x27, y2, d4. I was using a long rod, normal line, large hooks, and casters. Previously I've caught salmon with this same gear and bait, but this location only yielded trout this time. I thought one fish per two casts was pretty good, and the trout sell for 70 or 75 each.

*** This just in from Witch Elia: Catch Parrot Fish (210 gold each!) at x26, y1, d4 using long rod, normal line, small hooks, and bread. These coordinates are where you start when you click"go to docks." It doesn't get much easier than this!

Everyone with good results please post this kind of detailed information so the rest of us can learn and grow.

Thanks all, and good luck!

Time Posted: July 10 2009 02:06 am EDT
Last updated: August 3 2009 06:25 pm EDT

Replies:

Add reply:
Subject:
Body: