You can also play Dark Warriors on
Back to post list
Back a step

Ortienum

[+1] [-1]

Subject: -=To Absolve Eternal=-
Hello fellow denizens of Dark Warriors.

I'm relatively new here, but I've thoroughly enjoyed my last few days, and thought I'd try a new dimension of what's offered; RP.

After looking through many of the posts, I've noticed that the vast majority are stories. These are often well written and very entertaining, but I thought a thread touting interaction would be a welcome change. And so, I figured I'd try my hand at it.

What follows is a simple RP scenario and quest line, with myself as the Story Leader, or DM in a sense. I'll play the role of the narrator, moving the story along as it's needed and introducing the necessary NPCs.

Should anyone be interested in becoming involved - and everyone is welcome to participate - there are a few things to consider:

Theme:
The name of this scenario is "Redeeming Grace," and is in essence a treasure hunt for an artifact of power. What it is and the power it holds shall be revealed throughout the course of the tale. It will be run by the you the participants, facilitated by me to keep the story on track. Because of the free range and medium, some guidelines will be in effect.

Rules and Procedures:
1.) Keep the fantasy intact- As with any RPG, IC and OOC must remain separate. That is, anything you yourself may know cannot affect the thoughts and actions of your character. If something is learned through discussion outside of the RP thread, it is considered never to have happened or come across your character's consciousness.

PLEASE do not step Out of Character within this thread!. If needed I can open another for OOC discussion.

2.) Word is Law- In order to ensure that the story plays out as it should, the DM's decision is final. Of course, this does NOT mean it is a rigid tale with set decisions, only that the main thread must be maintained. I am open to any questions or criticisms as long as they're presented respectfully OUTSIDE of this thread. You may use the game mail system or e-mail my personal account if you desire.

3.) Early Bird Special- In cases where an NPC or object is being manipulated, the first poster will be considered first, followed by the second and so on. This is to prevent confusion. In some situations two posters may act upon something at the same time. This is up to the DM's discretion.

Things Change- Since I'm still feeling things out, rules may change or others may be added to keep things fun and fair.

I've some interesting things planned if I find that people are participating, such as contests with prizes (modest though they may be).

So, if these rules haven't scared you off already, let's get it started!

No Signature

Time Posted: June 20 2009 07:50 am EDT
Last updated: June 20 2009 08:17 am EDT

Replies:

Add reply:
Subject:
Body: