You can also play Dark Warriors on
Back to post list
Back a step

Boomdock_Saint

[+1] [-1]

Subject: Background... VI
The little girl looked to Elvīs, blood streaming from the wound above her left eye. She still looked a little dazed and slightly concussed from the vicious attack of the young thug. Elvīs took his dirty bandanna from around his nexk, and pressed it to her forehead, slowing the blood, and trying to sheild her from the sight of the assailant drowning in his own blood. She seemed oblivious to the rasping gurgles and seizures of her assailant, even as he attempted to grasp at Elvīs' kilt.
Elvīs held her close to his chest, "Shh..you are safe now" he whispered, as he took one step backwards with the heel of his foot, and (unbeknownst to her) applied pressure to the poor sod's throat.
Once the futile struggle for life was lost... Elvīs stood forward and turned around, making sure the wounded girl was still unable to see the body. She faced him and smiled. "You saved me!" She spied the crinkled book that had slipped from Elvīs' grasp during the jump from the roof of the 3 storey Warehouse. The cover read "Book of Saīnts" and it had 3 drops of blood splattered on it.
"You're a Saīnt!" she exclaimed.
"Honey, i'm anything but a Saīnt." grimaced Elvīs, pain arcing through his twisted ankle and throbbing knee. He reached into his Sporan {a Celtīc belt pürse} and pulled out a Silver whisky Hipflask with the Churches emblem embossed upon it (another item "borrowed" from a priest during his fathers last rites) and had a swig from it...
She looked at him expectantly... so he offered it to her.
Sounds of the City Guard's armoured boots echoing on the cobblestones warned Elvīs of ther approach.
"Godspeed child, and get somewhere safe!" he whispered coarsely (it was cheap whisky and burned his throat) and he grabbed the body and dragged it into the shadows, away from the lanterns light that threatened to illuminate his crime.
"Wait!" the stupid girl called out.." What is my saviours name!!"
*Grrr*, the ignorance of youth thought Elvīs, even as he hurled the body into the local pig pens(after stealing it's money pouch) and fled to the safety of the rooftops again.

He crept slowly back to his previous waiting lookout spot, and listened to the City Guard questioning the girl.
"So...what happened here?!" Demanded the Captain, eyeing all the blood suspiciously, and looking at her wound.
"I was attacked" replied the girl " but I was saved..by a Saīnt!!" She held up the Book of Saints, blood starting to stain it's pages.
"Hmm, is that so?" He stated, lifting the lantern so he could see the trail of blood and drag marks leading down the alley into darkness.
"You 3 men!! Follow that triail!" Ordered the Capt.
"Yes Sir!"
"And what did this 'Saīnt' look like?" questioned the Captain in a soft tone, reaching out his gauntleted hand and stroking her hair, examining her wound.
"He was a handsome man, with a kindly gaze, dressed in Noblemans garb".
"Lies!" Roared the Captain, as his fist tightened around her hair, pulling her down to her knees. The Silver Hipflask fell from her grasp into the dirt, whisky pouring from it, making a small mud puddle.
"And what in Hells name is THIS!!"
"Hhe..he gave it to me!!" she stammered..tears streaming down her face, an blood started to seep out of her wound again.

The Captain of the Nightwatch Guard picked up the Hipflask, and wiped the dirt from it. His eyes widened upon witnessing the Arch-Bishops emblem. Only the Royal Clergy had access to these Holy Seals, what was it doing in the possession of a poor Slumdog? He had best give this to his Superiors..they would be very interested in this development.

"A Saīnt eh?" said the Captain to himself.
"Yes Sir" said the little girl..confidence brimming in her voice "The Bōķmdock Saīnt."

Elvīs groaned to himself softly, and decided it was time to flee the scene.

No Signature

Time Posted: June 17 2009 12:24 pm EDT
Last updated: September 10 2009 09:40 am EDT

Replies:

Add reply:
Subject:
Body: