You can also play Dark Warriors on
Back to post list
Back a step

Dark Blossom

[+1] [-1]

Subject: Scabernac and Blossom, marry
In the time of man whose feet trod upon the earth, the Lady Blossom and the Lord Scabernac had spent near a year hidden in the thick of the wild. The seasons slipped over one another like the waves upon the ocean’s mirrored blue surface. The spring they had met had turned to summer’s warmth before spreading the hands of nature’s pallet to paint the world in change before the coming winter’s snowy drifts. Days passed in fair company, smiles and laughter to which the Lady had never truly known with another before this time. Nights would slip over the heavens that found warmth at a fire’s glow. Sweet berries and well kept meats, roots and herbs the bounty the forest offered up, clear streams and a few additives in a pot over the fire, gave mead and spirits to warm the body on chilly nights. Shelter in the depths of a cave, comfortable and away from dangers that roamed and chill of frost, to her it felt no different than a main room with the fire lit where all those in a family gather after meals; only this stone womb held the whole of what a homestead would.

Monthly the Lady would seek council from the voices that spoke to her and month after month they continued to tell her the same as that day that the guide left leaving only the Lady and her Knight to travel through the woodlands. Time’s passage once more began the melt of winter’s hold, and with it Angel found the armor she build around her mind and heart also slipping away to the totality that she began to see Scabernac with new sight. Her eyes now watched him with silent lips in the same manner he had always stole moments watching her with wonderment and stars in his eyes.

There were times when she would watch him practice, and times she would practice with him if only to show him the motions she had learned in the Eastern Lands. One day brought them both to the floor of the forest in a fit of laughter caused by miss-stepped motion when Scabernac turned in the wrong direction, colliding into Angel only to have him catch her securely overtop himself as they toppled into one large heap. The laughter would fade into a silence that found the world lost from them both, time stopped in that certain way that lead two hearts into finding one another. His hand to her hair, sweeping it from her face only to remain nestled there against her cheek, Angel blushed softly not only for how his gaze bore into her but for knowing that her own was just as intense and deep.

Fingers to his hair to pluck out a leaf only to turn around and poke the tip of his nose with it, found a sweetened smile to curve her pinked lips and a moment of innocence that brought the meeting of their lips for the first time. The simple act where two beings of pure light met within this act of love, would send a shockwave through the world with enough light and hope to pause all darkness within its tracks for three days. Time would trace passage in the sky one more month before the Knight of her heart would surprise her with something that had never before come to mind.

The night was warm, stars danced the heavens like fireflies in the air. The moon fat in its fullness dripped light along the smooth surface of a nearby lagoon Scabernac had settled a hidden meal for them at. A kiss to the back of her right hand and a flower presented as they settled together to watch the rain of light as stars cascaded like fireworks for them to watch. He moved behind her, pulling her to rest against him, there were so many things he had unknowingly given to her, so much that would never need to be said simply because it was felt on a deeper level.

Strong arms wrapped around and his cheek nestled next to hers as the deep tone of his voice split the silence with a gentle stream of words.
“ Be with me, always, a wife, a lover… a kindred soul… marry me. “
Her blue eyes slipped closed, never before had anyone offered her companionship or care that did not come at the end of a whip or some other form of slavery, yet here under the night sky a man professed his love of her with the asking of her hand. Angel turned in his hold ever so slightly so that her eyes could look within his, the overwhelming emotion more than apparent upon her face as the skin and eyes glowed in a luminescence no earthly creature could create. There were no words that would come from her lips but her head nodded yes, and her mouth sealed it with a kiss.

The night was lost in peace and calm, the Lady and the Lord slipping into slumber still wrapped together within one another’s embrace. Those blue eyes would flutter open again at sun’s rise into the blue heaven overhead, and yet she could not find it in herself to stir the man that slept to her side. Gentle fingers brushed the long locks of his own hair from his face only to watch a smile curve his lips though try as he might to keep it from showing.

“ Have to admit, this is a much more desirable way to wake up then finding yourself surrounded by swords and smelly men. “

Angel laughed looking down into his bright eyes, hand coming to rest at his cheek as she smirked for a moment.

“ Well dearheart, I may not be able to do anything in regards to smelly men, but if you like I could go get my swords and try again “

There were no words in response to this as she swiftly found herself upon her back with his weight holding her down at the mercy of his tickling fingertips, this being something he had found out about her many moons before when they had been sparing and she through a trick into the play that he had not seen only to find herself countered with his own and her body being held up at the waist by his hands only to have her squirm away in a fit of laughter.

“ Aye, okay Okay, you win, I give, I have no idea what I’m giving into but I give “

Words broken in parts from a roll of laughter she could barely breath through before his hands stilled to grip her waist and lean down to capture her lips with his own. Her arms slipped up and wrapped about his shoulders, pulling him closer. The kiss staved off as she lay there smiling.

“ Well my Blossom, I do believe we need to head into the city now, we need to replenish those things we have nearly used up, Kabress and Kole need new shoes, we could do with new clothes and if we are to build ourselves a home out here I do believe we are in need of a few things. “

Angel merely nodded with a smile as he knelt up then got to his feet pulling her up with him before tossing her over his shoulder with a smug grin to his face.

“ Who said you can’t catch pretty little things in the big scary forest. Look what I caught!! “

There was a squeal and her body wiggling as she was looking at the ground from the height of his shoulders where he had tossed her. Laughing again as he wandered back with their things to the cave they had been calling home, she jostling about with his every step till once more he let her feet find the earth below only to have her smack him in the side for carting her around like a rag doll. Quick work was made of binding the belongings they had before stowing them deeper into the cave, hidden in a second hollow space which then had a large rock slid infront of it so that it would not be seen should someone come in here. Hands made quick work of her long hair, braiding it from the base of her skull to the top and using leather strings to bind it together. Dress changed while he was storing things, blades brought up and settled to her back in their sheathes, cloak picked up and settled at her shoulders just as Scabernac came back to the mouth of the cave. A few clicks and both horses answered with breathy nays, as they trotted and stopped at the opening in wait.

“ There is a city 5 miles to the north east, it backs an ocean so things are always plentiful and even at times you will find items in the markets there that no other would have since the water way provides transport for other lands to sell here and all along the coast lines. “

There was relief in her eyes as he spoke upon another city rather than the one her sister was in since the voices had yet to tell her it was okay to complete the journey there. This experience would be new for her, never had she been to a market other than the one the town had where she spent the years before being sent to train. The ride there would be pleasant, the sun only starting to reach midpoint in the heavens as they stabled their steeds so they could be reshoed and began to wander the stalls. Before the day was out they would buy a small cart to hook up to Kole to pull the items back. The cart would have many uses for them, allowing the movement of greater amounts of wood and stone, the ability to bring larger kills home without dragging them or blooding the horses. Together all things for the house building and weapons upkeep were purchased, oils and candles, some cloths and other items.

She picked a few items of clothing out, then pushed him to do the same only to watch him vanish after kissing the back of her hand with a whisper to her ear that he needed to purchase a few things and he would be right back. Her eyes turned back to wander over a few more stalls where her interests were caught on a few things. A few new needles were bought, threads for sewing of various thicknesses and a nice sized wet stone that would be useful for their weapons and axe blades. Everything continued to be added to the straw basket she carried, it creaking under the weight but not buckling.

Rounding the end of the stalls to see if there were more on the other side, Angel suddenly had a hand clasped over her mouth as she was pulled back into a more secluded place. The basket was dropped as another man came to join the one that held her. Two men and only her, she was trying not to start laughing as the one infront of her pulled a dagger and held it to her throat. The cold metal made the flesh under it twitch lightly as it bit in at the point to let a single line of crimson trickle down the bare white flesh of her neck. Lips parted swiftly under the hold of the man’s hand, her teeth biting through the flesh and muscle until they scraped bone as the man yelped and bled letting go of her as he pulled his hand back in immense pain. Angel ducked the fist of the other man as she spat the blood from her mouth while bringing a hand up release the clasp on her cloak, it falling in a flutter to the ground as she came to stand in full ready for whatever these two twits thought they could do to her.

Hands resting to her sides as a dagger was whipped through the air at her, both hands came up and caught it flat between her palms only to reverse it and throw it back embedding through the hand she bit and into a trees trunk. The man that had thrown it now his sword, that was all it would take as both hands rose and clasped the hilts of both her blades as the signature sound of highly toned metal being drawn from its resting place rung through the air. His first swing caught her left blade but the right blade was free to flow through to his arm nearly slicing through it before being pulled back as she stood there once more. The man looked shocked beyond belief and the one still pinned by the hand to the tree was petrified.

“ Apologize now and I will leave you be as you are, raise arms to strike me again and I will let your heads roll over the land and your blood stain the earth you stand on. “

They did so, as she sheathed her blades once more, picked up her cloak and put it on again only to take up the basket and head back into the market as though nothing had happened. Catching her reflection in a high polished silver plate caused her to dip a part of her over tunic in a bucket of water and clean the blood from her flesh before Scabernac would reappear and find her that way. Turning she could see him making his way back across the market, a smile upon her lips as the smell of fresh baked goods caught her mind. A few things picked up that she was unable to make at the time due to lack of ingredients.

The horses were both happy, fed and re-shoed, a cart had been put aside for us as well as a large barrel of salt and a few other things that he had took upon himself to purchase for them. Kole was harnessed up and the items settled to the cart so that the weight was distributed evenenly. Kabress took a moment to prance his shiny coat and braided hair around in a circle but to her surprise it wasn’t in front of her but instead all around Scabernac.

“ Oh good lord Kabress, you don’t need his approval “

Angel was laughing softly while she spoke but Kabress only turned and stood tall with a nudge of his face into the man’s shoulder.

“ I think he either likes me or he thinks I’m a horse in disguise. “

That’s all it took for her to laugh out loud, making heads turn their way for a moment. That one moment was all it took for whispers to start before someone yelled ‘ It’s the Queen ‘. Scabernac reacted before Angel managed to stop standing slightly stunned. His hand to hers, Angel found herself atop her horse as he slapped Kabress on the backside.

“ I’ll be there, go, don’t stop. I’ll meet you, I promise “

With a nod, the reins were grabbed up, she really did not want to leave him there but the reality was neither of them knew what would happen at the moment. The voices had been constant in their cautioning of problems cropping up regarding her and her family, how death would come to take them all if she had went to the city of her sister and her husband the King, but this made her wonder upon it all. They had gone to a different city, in a different direction and even though the sister was one of the rulers over the whole of this land, there should have been no issue with her looks and being in public.

The man’s voice was still echoing in her ears, the reverberation ringing like the vibration of a bell. It had been a guy, the voice seemed to sound a little familiar to her, not so familiar that it stood out from her past but it still seemed familiar. Her eyes widened as she came to realize it had been the guide that Scabernac cornered while trying to steal from her. With a sigh her eyes darkened, not at all happy knowing that the man was again being a trouble maker, he should be strung up for the birds to peck at in the hot sun. Shaking her head to free the thoughts as the last of the city faded from her sight, Angel realized her swords were with the cart where she had laid them with everything else seeing as she would have been riding with Scabernac on the same horse. It wouldn’t matter however as Kabress decided to detour of his own accord at the scent of ripe apples and other fruits nearby.

“ You know it is a good thing I had planned on coming into this grove before we headed home, and its even better that Scabernac knows I had planned on it, or we might pass eachother without even realizing it. “

The horse wasn’t even listening as he gobbled down apple after apple before moving to the next tree or the vines that happened to be growing.

“ You are going to make yourself sick “

There was a pause in chewing long enough that the horse looked at her as if to tell her to bug off, all she could do was chuckle softly and spread her cloak on the ground to put the fruits and other things onto as she gathered them. The sun had passed the midpoint in the heavens and was now heading in its celestial arc towards the western horizon, still many hours from setting completely as the task was finished and she settled on the ground and bit into a peach. There would be a calm still surrounding her as she waited for her love to appear, she more than happy to sit in the sun and enjoy the fruits of nature.

A deer wandering through stopped in its tracks and stared with a scared look in its eyes until the Lady held up a handful of berries that had it cautiously make its way over seeing that the woman would not hurt it. The doe ate what was offered before deciding to settle in the grass with the Lady who now petted it with a smile. A sudden shift in the shadows of a tree caused the doe to stand and bolt in the other direction. Angel did not feel another threat around though, listening to the movements only to look over at Kabress who had stopped filling his face long enough to acknowledge the new comer before going back to picking at things. Her eyes closed a moment only to reopen with a smile spread upon her face.

Hand held out to her side at a height not suitable for a man, but more like a man’s best friend. She had seen him once or twice, never this close to her however, he always stayed nearer to Scabernac than herself. Yet, here he was, this beauty of speed, ferocity, instinct and loyalty. The wolf made its way from the shadows and up alongside the Lady, letting her hand brush along its side before looking around and settling with her until her beloved came to find her. He was a beautiful beast, eyes that shimmered with such intensity and a lush coat as soft as any she had ever felt and as beautiful as the silvery mists that clung to the waters in the mornings wake. It was not long from the moment the wolf put its great head upon the Lady’s lap that the steps and turn of the wheels could be heard. Her eyes smiling up as he stopped to see the odd sight of his wolf and his Lady with a cloak covered in fruits, nuts, herbs and roots and just a foot or two away, a horse that looked like he had made a pig of himself and could use a good run now.

“ Will you tell me what happened? “

The man looked to her with a slight sadness in his eyes, something had defiantly transpired that he had not wanted to do but was apparently backed in a corner to make happen. Her Lord settled at her side, the wolf almost bowing its head as it rose up to trot off into the woodland again, he began to tell her about the man who indeed had been the guide. Soon after she had fled at his insistence, the man had been joined by two others who spewed inflammatory remarks regarding the woman who held his heart even though their contact with her was left more than apparent on their bodies. The two had fled after he threatened to finish them off but the once guide took up to fight him, sputtering slanderous words and mistruths at him with a sneer. The cities guards would come at the calling of the people to aid the guard of the now fled Queen, only to stand at the side and watch as the man cut the tongue from the offender without even flinching. The man and his tongue were then handed off to the guards and told why these consequences were given as punishment.

There was silence as he got to his feet and took her hands to help her up only to wrap his arms around her waist and lift her in a hug that brought that shinning smile back to her face. She was glad he was alright and happy he was back at her side again. Kabress came to the call of her clicks and lowered down to let her slip up onto him. Scabernac picked up the cloak and laid it in the cart with everything else before sliding up onto the back of Kabress behind her. The journey back to where they had been hidden in the woodland was a pleasant and yet quiet one except for the few things he told her, such as there would be a druid and two witnesses present at the lagoon on the third night from this one. A nod of her head as she smiled more, lost in the thoughts of marrying him.

The days and nights would come and pass in a whirl of tasks they both had to do. A clear area that was near the water and nestled into the trees without having to cut any down, was picked and mapped out by fallen branches, this is where their home would be made. The cave would be a great place to use as a stable for the horses and any other animals they got so that when it rained or in the winter they would have a warm dry place to linger in. There was room enough to till soil for a garden, enough to have a work area for anything they needed and all of it could be done without cutting down any of the trees that were here, which actually made her happy.

In the afternoon of the third day she watched as Scabernac wandered off yet again for no apparent reason, all she could do was smile with a light shake of her head not knowing what he was up to. He always came back before evening meal though, and always with that sweet secretive glint to his eyes as though he were up to something. This day however when he came back he would stop and stare at the small transformation that had transpired in the woodland around their place. She had been fast at work that day, Ivy vines strung in beauty among the trees and flowers of nature, flowers dancing on the near mirror still surface of the lagoon and a few candles settled to a stone alter where something lay covered in a white cloth with another piece of material that had been sewn and embroidered at its left.

Their meal was nice, the breads and things they had from the city along with the fruits were wonderful, though some things had conveniently gone missing from the back of the cart. Angel could only smile and shrug at him when he asked about it, thinking that it was her own little secret that she had been doing the past few days, just like he himself had his little secret that he didn’t share with her. He would ask questions here and there as she puttered around in the hours of the sun’s setting. Scabernac was curious on what she was doing, watching her as she fluttered effortlessly around the area. A grin to her lips as she handed him a couple of things including clean clothes and ushered him out of the cave.
“ bottle has honey wine in it, I started it the day we got back so it should be just right, it goes on the stones with the candles. The small red satchel is a donation to the Druids for being gracious enough to come here for us. The object in the white cloth is the offering that’s given up to the elders. “

Her lips closed as she looked away and smiled a little, did he have any idea who they were. So much familiarity between them and she had not once found the courage to see out that reason as to why his eyes glimmered the way hers could. Some things are best left to surprise and for finding out within the years of putting together their home and if so blessed with it, a family. There was time of reflection, time of solace and calm as she meditated for an hour before starting to ready herself for the coming of this nights happenings. Her hands were just finishing the last of work on her hair as a Priestess wandered to the entrance of the cave and stood smiling at her.

“ It is time My Lady “

The woman smiled at her before coming in further and lifting a hand to touch Angel upon the forehead while whispering a blessing upon her. The eyes of the Priestess went wide for a moment as she stepped back staring at the woman as though her flesh had melted off. Angel’s hand rose up to catch the woman incase she fell but then realized what it was that had her so startled.

“ I’m sorry that it shocks you to see me this way. It happens when my emotions go in a heightened area. “

“ By the Goddess and the Gods, before me stands a child of the light who is about to remove her purity and shed her light for a man. “

Shaking her head Angel began to explain things to the woman who almost doubled over to hear all that she had been through only to stop and look up at her when she said that the man waiting on her was also like her. That changed everything in the Priestess’ eyes, it was light loving light and only goodness could come of it. The women hugged one another as the Priestess turned to exit the cave and wait outside to escort her to where the others waited.

The Lady emerged from the confines and walked at the side of the priestess to where the High Druid stood with Scabernac. Her hair was bound and twisted, held up and set into place with a deep blue ribbon and set with wild flowers about the crown of her head. She smiled softly as she walked bare foot towards him, the Druid looking up with a nod as the Lady came to stand at the side of her chosen. Her skin was still shimmering softly in the darkness like she were a star settled on the earths surface, her eyes were illuminated with that ethereal glow. She wore a dress she bought at the market earlier in that week, it faded from paled blue at the top into a deep blue at the bottom that matched the ribbon in her hair. The dress had no sleeves and looked more like a night dress since the parts over her shoulders were shoestring thick. That dark blue ribbon accented parts of the fabric as it laced up one side to hold it together, the criss cross of the satin ribbon stopping in a pretty bow at the top of her right thigh where the skirt was left to flow of its own accord with a slit from the end of that ribbon all the way to the bottom of the fabric.

Those sapphire blue eyes drifted along the man to her side, he looked do handsome in his new clothes, refined and fetching in her eyes. His hair flowed freely down his back, waving lightly in the soft breeze and even his eyes seemed to glow softly in their own ethereal light. A hand lifted to place a braided circlet of ivy to his head just as the Druid settled his mind and began to speak.

“Know now before you go further, that since your lives have crossed in this life you have formed ties between each other. As you seek to enter this state of matrimony you should strive to make real, the ideals which give meaning to both this ceremony and the institution of marriage. With full awareness, know that within this circle you are not only declaring your intent to be handfasted before your friends and family, but you speak that intent also to your creative higher powers. The promises made today and the ties that are bound here greatly strengthen your union; they will cross the years and lives of each soul´s growth. Do you still seek to enter this ceremony? “

The Druids voice resonated over the open space and lagoon with a commanding presence that was still soft and soothing. He now looking to the two of them in wait of their response. Angel and Scabernac gave the answer in unison.

“Yes, we seek to enter.”

The Druid smiled and nodded before continuing.

“In times past it was believed that the human soul shared characteristics with all things divine. It is this belief which assigned virtues to the cardinal directions; East, South, West and North. It is in this tradition that a blessing is offered in support of this ceremony. Blessed be this union with the gifts of the East. Communication of the heart, mind, and body Fresh beginnings with the rising of each Sun. The knowledge of the growth found in the sharing of silences. Blessed be this union with the gifts of the South. Warmth of hearth and home The heat of the heart´s passion The light created by both To lighten the darkest of times. Blessed be this union with the gifts of the West. The deep commitments of the lake The swift excitement of the river The refreshing cleansing of the rain The all encompassing passion of the sea. Blessed be this union with the gifts of the North Firm foundation on which to build Fertility of the fields to enrich your lives A stable home to which you may always return. Each of these blessings from the four cardinal directions emphasizes those things which will help you build a happy and successful union. Yet they are only tools. Tools which you must use together in order to create what you seek in this union. I bid you look into each others eyes.”

They turned and did as the Druid bid them, only to have larger than life smiles erupt over their faces and the light that Angel’s body gave off, grow more intense.

“ Scabernac, Will you cause her pain?
~I May~
Is that your intent?
~No~

Angel, Will you cause him pain?
~I may~
Is that your intent?
~No~

Will you share each other´s pain and seek to ease it?
~Yes~

And so the binding is made. Join your hands

The Priestess took the first cord and passed it to the Druid who entwined their hands with it.

“ Will you share one another’s laughter? Will both of you look for the brightness in life and the positive in each other?
~Yes~
And so the binding is made.

The Priestess took the second cord and passed it to the Druid who entwined their hands with it.
“ Angel, Will you burden him?
~I may~
Is that your intent?
~No~

Scabernac, Will you burden her?
~I may~
Is that your intent?
~No~

Will you share the burdens of each so that your spirits may grow in this union?
~Yes~

The Priestess took the Third cord and passed it to the Druid who entwined their hands with it.

“ Will you share each other’s dreams?
Will you dream together to create new realities and hopes?
~Yes~

The Priestess took the fourth cord and passed it to the Druid who entwined their hands with it.

“ Scaberbac, will you cause her anger?
~I may~
Is that your intent?
~No~

Angel, will you cause him anger?
~I may~
Is that your intent?
~No~

Will you take the heat of anger and use it to temper the strength of this union?
~We will.~

The Priestess took the fifth cord and passed it to the Druid who entwined their hands with it.

Will you honor each other?
Will you seek to never give cause to break that honor?
~We shall never do so.~

The Priestess took the sixth cord and passed it to the Druid who entwined their hands with it. The Priestess then turned to take up the piece of material that had been hand embroidered and laid to the left of the alter. She holding one side as the druid took the other, together they bound their hands with the cords still there, in the material that had been picked up. The joint effort in this showed the unison of male and female working as one to make something whole. The Druid nodded to Angel and waited for her to speak the words.

“ With these hands I give you my heart, and I crown it with my love forevermore and pledge my friendship, loyalty, and love for the rest of the days of my life. “

The Druid now looked to Scabernac and nodded.

“With these hands I give you my hearts, and I crown with my love forevermore and pledge my friendship, loyalty, and love for the rest of the days of my life.”

The Druid and Priestess stood hand in hand at the front of the alter with a soft smile before the Druid again spoke.

“ From within you have both sought and accepted the love of one another. Blessed be you both by Light and Love, By God and Goddess. May those blessings always out weight the sorrows or dark times you may come into. May you live long, may you love eternally, may you be filled with life from one another and lifted up within their hold. May none seek to break this union, you are now one. “

Her smile softened now, her eyes filled with a gentle light that seeped from the very depths of her soul into his own eyes that glowed gently. Their eyes locked to one another without notice of the Druid taking the cords from their hands and tying them in a circlet together before settling them onto the alter and smiling to them both as he and the Priestess departed in silence to let the newly weds be alone with eachother.

The feel of Scabernacs arms draw around her, pulling her close to him and holding here there with his gentle strength, brought her arms up around his neck. Still their eyes were lost within one another’s as lips came to meet in silent prayer to one another. Promises laid deep within the passion of that moment, one of his arms remaining at her back as the other slipped under her legs at the knees and lifted her upward from the ground to carry her off to share their first night as husband and wife, lost within the embrace of eachother.

No Signature

Time Posted: May 27 2009 05:19 pm EDT
Last updated: May 27 2009 11:40 pm EDT

Replies:

Add reply:
Subject:
Body: