You can also play Dark Warriors on
Back to post list
Back a step

bors

[+1] [-1]

Subject: bors part 2
Looking out into the desert, I know they are there, but where. I had a good vantage point in an outcrop of rocks in the middle of nothing. For Four days we had played cat and mouse, but I had water and they didn’t, this game was to be over soon. Sweat dripped off my nose and you could see the heat flicker in the distance. I had to laugh that elf maiden I had stolen, a month ago, was more than that, a prince if I didn’t miss my mark. I got that elf strong hold to attack that dragon’s lair because of her. Wish I could have seen that. I though “see black arrow I can learn that was one of your tricks”. Though it was not funny when it happened to me. He had stolen all my cloths and equipment while I was bathing. He could have killed me, but instead he left me with only a meat clever. I reach down and touch the clever and chuckle, it really was funny. In a rage of shame I was easily tricked into attacking a band of highway men.
Something moved, I’m back to where I have to be. This heat is…… there is that movement I can see the toe of an eleven boot. I Take careful aim and squeeze off the shot.
Not waiting to see if I hit I move, just in time as four arrows hit the ground where I was. Now I wonder if there was afoot in that boot. Oh now I know black arrow is here. Two of his arrows would have been in me back, if I had not moved. I have never seen the elf I know as black arrow, I only know his arrows and he never misses. Dusk is coming time for a different view, but first a quick look at my prisoner. Give her some fresh water, and then head for a higher vantage point. I spot 9 elves, 5 are creeping towards me, one is getting his foot mended, and the other 2 are setting in. There should be more. I look at the 5 creeping forward and chuckle 3 will not make the outcrop and the other two will not see the sun rise.
In the morning I fry up the last of the bacon, and feed and water my elf maiden. The smell should be drifting right into the elf camp. This whole thing would have been different if I had not killed that mage 6 months age. My skin still crawls at the though of that. Five days in the bottom of an outhouse. That mage was sure surprised when my crossbow bolt came out of the top of her head, but she would have turned this out crop to dust on the first day.
As I check around something is different. I AM NOT BEING WATCH!!! It was too easy if that is all that it is. I go to my top spot for a look. Now I know about 5 mile out is an orc horde heading this way

No Signature

Time Posted: April 4 2009 12:15 pm EDT
Last updated: April 4 2009 12:15 pm EDT

Add reply:
Subject:
Body: