You can also play Dark Warriors on
Back to post list
Back a step

Queen_Graywind

[+1] [-1]

Subject: Chapter Two
Unwelcome guest

runs toward the stairs, but right as he is about to start down them, he noticed a woman. Wondering who she is and if she is a bandit he contemplates striking her down...

But moments later she tries to back away and run, before tripping and hitting her head on the edge of a table

"Gram," Dargodda whispers, "is she out, or is this a trap?"
"She isss out sire..." Gram replied.

Dargodda heads down to take a closer look at this "intruder", and after a few moments, hoists her over his shoulder and carries her back upstairs to lays her on the bed, unsure what to do about this mess.....

((posted by the intruder)
waking up....

The woman begins to come around about 10 minutes later.

"Ow." The woman complains, "What the hell did I hit?"

Then she realizes that she isn't alone. Her eyes grew wide with fright. She began to slide away from him. She continues sliding to she falls off the edge of the bed.

"Ouch. How embarrassing?" The woman said, sitting on her knees on the floor.

She rubbed the back of her head. She winced when she found the giant bump. She looked over at the man. She wasn't sure whether he was friend or foe, but she knew he was powerful. She looks at the sword then looks at him. She felt a presence from the sword but she couldn't be certain.

"Um....hi. My name is Alchemy. Um....whats yours?" Alchemy asked, her voice laced with fear and uncertainty.

What to do

Sheathes Gram for the moment and looks at Luministra, wondering what she wants to do about this new person

Confused

Luminista steps out of the shadows and looks at the woman. I wonder how she found this town, I had put a barrior spell on it to keep it hidden for all outsiders.

Young woman, How did you find this town? Luminista asks.

Luminista moves closer to Dargodda and whispers "I sense evil, pure evil in her heart. She has come for me, she has come for the bounty on my head. My love, we can not let her live, she knows where I am and if she leaves, more will come." Luminista decides to let Dargodda and his sword handle this vile woman.

Oh?

deliberates and decides we would much rather like to know how this women got to finding them before he ends her life

"Speak!" Dargodda commanded. "Answer her question!"

Luminista's Hidden Secret

As Luminista waits for the woman to speek, her secret takes contol of her and works its magic on the woman. Piercing straight into the heart of the woman, Luminista can tell that she is pure evil, the spawn of hell itself. Then Luminista looks deep into the womans eyes, there is no emotion, no soul there. Luminista finally takes control of herself and rushes past Dargodda.

"Dargodda, She is pure evil, she has no soul, her looks are decietful to us." Luminista tell him.

Just then, Luminista lunges at the woman and drives a dagger straight thru the womans heart.

Luminista's secret has come out, her ability to see into a persons heart and to see if they have a soul or not. A secret she has kept hidden from Dargodda. She had never used it him but still the ability was there for her to use.

Dargodda my love, now you know my hidden secret, Do you still feel the same way towards me?

*into the eyes*

is shocked at the swift movement of Luministra, and now the dead woman in front of him.

Your secret doesn't make my feeling change for you at all.
Look into my eyes and see into my heart and know the light that beats for you.

Dargodda's Soul Speaks to Luminista

Luminsta lets her power take control of her as she looks into Dargodda's heart, As she stands there, a light that is as pure as snow eminates from His heart. The light is peaceful and warm. Luminista then turns her focus to his eyes and sees deep into his soul. She sees that it is fading with each healing he does on her and she starts to cry. She now knows that he ages everytime he uses it, If he keeps healing her, he will die sooner than he is suppose to.

Dagodda, my love, Your soul and heart have spoke to me and I can see that you love me with them both without fear or worries of ever losing me. I never wanted to us my power on you, but you gave me permission to do so and i am very happy that you did.

Smiling

Dargodda wraps his arms around Luministra

Then you know I would rather sacrifice my life to keep you from hurting.

holds Luministra for quite a time before turning again toward the dead body.

We should move somewhere else, the body will soon stink up the place and attract unwanted guests.

Time to move

I think I saw a house just outside of town, We can go stay there.

Luminista and Dargodda gather up their supplies and head out of town. The spell that she put on it will hold for a few more days so they should be safe till they reach the house.

As they come upon the house, a feeling starts to stir inside Luminista and once again her fear kicks in. This house is where she made her first kill in his name. Will she be able to enter it? She hesistates for a moment and firmly holds onto Dargodda as they enter the house. Once inside, she quickly casts her consealing spell and the house seems to just disappear.

Dargodda, what should we do now? I know, Please tell me a story.

pops up...

"Is this how you treat people who run into you by mistake? You strike them down and say they have no soul. You were partly correct. I am Nightwolf. A War Witch. And as for you Luminista, yes I know your name, I am after all a telepath. I wasn't sent to kill you and I have no interest in the bounty on your head. You must forgive the shadow. The thing you plunged your dagger into. It makes sure that no harm comes to me. Like Luminista, I have a huge bounty on my head. Another problem is the creature from hell in that cabin. I wouldn't suggest going in." She explained, as she appears in front of them.

A great roar came from the cabin. Nightwolf pulled off her pendent and casted a spell. It released her staff. Now all they could do was wait.

Confused once again

As Luminista stands closely to Dargodda, she wonders why this woman insists on following them. If there was a demon or evil creature int he house, Dargodda's mighty sword would have sensed it before they entered the house. Luminista stares at Dargodda and wonders what he is thinking. She decides to politely ask the strange woman to take her leave from them so that they can be alone. Dargodda was to tell her a story and she wants to be completely alone with her love.

"Young woman, I thank you for the kind gesture but I sense no evil in this house and now if you do not mind, we would like to left alone. We did not want to found by anyone and we do not wish to have company at this time. Please gather your thing and leave this forsaken town and forget you ever was here and most important, forget you ever saw either of us." Luminista asked the woman.

Luminista turned her focus back to Dagodda and looked into his eyes as if she wanted approval of her actions just now. She wonders if he will now tell her the story she has been waiting to hear. She sits down on a couch in the house and lays her staff on the floor by her feet and waits...........

Wishes

Looks at "Nightwolf" and wonders why she showed up after them again. If she really does have a bounty on her head, she should be wary of him. Her shadow may protect her from normal weapons, but gram would server this shadows hold and it would fade into oblivion with the rising of the next sun....

Nightwolf, as you call yourself, I would suggest not staying with us if your bounty is so great. For I cannot say that I won't your corpse to the collector.

Secondly how you know her name bothers me, although not as much as it would if you knew my true name. Instead of those that I am called by in the guilds or people in town.

Also... I shouldn't bother warning you, but as a telepath you might want to know that intruding into my mind is a very bad idea. Greater telepathics then you have lost there mind because of Gram's mental protection.

Dargodda heads into the house before Luministra anyways, just to make sure its safe.

From in side the house in a shocked voice Dargodda says: voulverand!! het is me vriend, dacht ik u gestorven toen u van die klip viel! Kom, zwarte panter van de schaduwen, hebben wij veel het de achterstand inlopen om te doen….

Dargodda walks back out, an enormous panther at his side

Luministra, this is Voulverand, I assume this is the "Great evil" that was detected in the hut. He is an old companion my mine, so Gram wouldn't feel a need to warn me about him.

Come, let up go in the house and I'll tell you the story of how me and Voul met and how I thought I lost him in a great war.

sighs.

"Be my guest, but be warned...the master is looking for its prized possession. It will come for what is his. And my visions have always come true. Plus keep that sword sheathed. Otherwise I'll pop up again. Many can trace the power of that sword. I merely wished to give you heads up of lies ahead. Farewell, Luminstra, Dargodda." Nightwolf warned.

Nightwolf disappeared like a shimmer on a pond.

(posted by the intruder, another one)
Ouch...

"Ouch. I can't believe Nightwolf just did that. She is after all flaunting that premonition power like she is queen of the world. *sighs* Oh sorry, my name is Raven and I'm a bounty hunter. Don't suppose you know where I can find a woman by the name of Luministra by any chance? I was told to give her a message from..........hold on, I got that name somewhere. oh here it is. *pulls out a tiny piece of paper*. From the master. He's says I'll find you. Whatever that means. Seeya, I got some bounties to catch." Raven rambled.

Raven turned and disappeared.

My dear Raven

My name is Nereja, I am afraid that I know not of this Luminista that you speak of.

Luminista turns and looks at Dargooda, he needs a new name too. She closes her eyes and lets a vision come to her, Ciri, yes, that is what I will call him for this encounter

Raven, this is my husband, Ciri. We have been hear in this town for days and havent seen anyone else except the vile witch that insists that I am someone else.

I do hope that you find this woman that you are looking for but I can assure you, she is not here.

Luminista looks at Dargodda and back at the stranger. She hopes that the lies she just told will set in the strangers mind and he takes his leave of them.

Let us travel somewhere more "private"

looks at Luministra and manages to keep his face composed as she lies about there names

Come my darl'n Nereja, we must be on our way. Dargodda whistles and the 5 tall foot Panther walks up. No reason not to have him seen, it would only help throw off his pursuers. As the only one who ever know of his panther comrade died.

I think I know a nice place to continue our vacation, if you are ready to go.

Traveling once again

Luminista begins to walk away with Dargodda and the most beautiful panther she ever laid eyes on.

"Dargodda, he is the utmost kindest animal I have ever saw",she says, as she strokes Voulverand fur.
"No wonder Gram didnt warn you.' she whispers

Luminista then sits on the back Voulverand and reveals a bottle of Ale and 2 glasses. She knows that Dargodda would always join
her in a drink, it is when he is the most open with her and vice-versa, she is the most open with him. As she pours the drinks, her heart starts to quake, not a quiver as before but a trembling quake. Her heart has fully released all the evil that once occupied it and there is nothing but love and joy in it now. She looks over at Dargodda and knows that they will be together till they die.

"Ciri, Please, tell me how you and Voulverand met and of this great war you were in as we travel onward to the next resting place." Nereja asks.

Dargodda takse a huge swallow of Ale and begins to tell his story.........

sighs...

Nightwolf sighs as Raven joins her in the forest.

"Well that didn't work." Raven commented.

"We have to keep trying. If those don't stop going that way, they will end up dead by none other then the master himself. I can't let my vision come true. The fate of the world depends on those two. We have to shift them to the East. Get them to Lelanie where they can be safe." Nightwolf insisted.

"Come on Night. You know that Lelanie doesn't have the power to keep out the master, but if I could only find Jack. His power combined with Lelanie's would be enough to shield Dargodda and Luminstra." Raven countered.

"There must be a way of getting them to trust us. I gave it a go with Shadow and she stabbed me. Then I pop up again just when his panther shows up and then you deliver the master's message. I think we are going about this the wrong way. We need them to be our friends otherwise they'll die by the next fortnight." Nightwolf ranted.

"Night..." Raven started.

"Yeah?" Nightwolf asked.

"You're ranting." Raven stated.

Nightwolf sighs heavily.

"Let's go." Nightwolf ordered.

Nightwolf starts off deeper into the forest. Raven quickly follows.

Currently...

Jack trains with an elf called Lelanie. Honing his powers and focusing his mind. It will be some time before he is ready to venture out into the mortal realm again

Being drawn to the east

While Luminista and Dargodda are traveling, Luminista feels a strong pull from the eastward direction and tells Dargodda that she feels it is in thier best interest that they travel to the east. "Something is pulling me to the east, a strong power that can protect us both from The Master" she tells him.

She waits to see what he feels and continues to wait for the story he promised to tell her as they are walking.

The journey east

Making the way east, toward the great sea Dargodda tells the first part of his story to Luministra

"It is a long story m'love, I hope you are comfortable."

I had to kill the Master, this much I knew. But he is skilled at magic, and has many around him who are likewise skilled.
I knew the only way to defeat him would be to somehow acquire magic, which would be neigh impossible for me, or get the help of someone who was adept at magic. So I began my quest to find magic, For a long while I traveled worn roads until I heard one night in a tavern, I heard rumors of a man named Kirthul who worked for the Master as an assassin. He was known as the Magic Slayer, although as far as I knew the master did not have an assassins with magical capabilities, or else they would have position as head assassin instead of me.

So feeling confident that this man had something I could use or learn to help me defeat magic users I proceeded to follow this guys trail, which took me the better part of 7 months. He was very skilled, but I was the best with my personal training by the Master himself, with some even more welcomed training from the Shadow, ... who is longer of this world *chuckles*

When I finally caught his trail, he was at a small town where a mediocre mage carrying a magically altered specimen for the guild of magi, *scratches Voulverand behind the ears* was staying the night. I followed the assassin from where he was staying as he headed to the mage. Being true to his title as an assassin to the master, he did almost notice me when he looked over his shoulder before entering the building of the mage's. But I was skilled, and used a few tricks of the shadows to hide myself beyond what any follower of the masters could have seen through.

As I entered the building I saw a blinding blue light as the assassins sword cut through a blazing orb of fire that was flying at him, causing it to dissipate into nothingness. The mage stunned that his move proved worthless could not defend himself as the assassin loped his head off.

Then suddenly the assassin changed targets, about to attack the specimen, which was a baby wolf, I saw my chance to defeat him. As he raised his blade I threw a dagger into the crook of his shoulder, piercing through the soft flesh into the heart. Upon picking up his blade and was overcome with a powerful presence in my mind. I lost all control for a time, unable to move or do anything for a time, I don't know how long.

After a time the presence became familiar and easier to deal with. Once this happened I was able to commune with it, understanding that it was deciding why it shouldn't shatter my mind right now for destroying its puppet. When suddenly the pressure on my mind stopped. it seemed to have learned something in my past that made it stop. I am not sure what it found as all I got was a vague thought that sounded like "Ah so your his...." but that's all I ever got as a reason.

Gram he called himself, had the capabilities of severing the string that hold magic itself together. They call it "The Weave" and when severed stops any attack or defense. He said he will allow me to control him because he saw something in my past that makes him sure my power and skill was worth using his.

As I left the wolf followed me, and for a while I was curious, and Gram did nothing but chuckle at me. It wasn't till I threatened to throw him off a cliff did gram tell me what was so funny. He said that the wolf thought I smelled good *rolls eyes* and also feels he owes me his life for saving him. This shocked me because the wolf seemed so young, but Gram informed me that the magi had done experiments with it, taking souls of people and combining them, and forging them into the mind of the wolf.

As I traveled back to the Master who I hoped I could now defeat, I watched in amazement as the wolf grew quickly, and I talked to him learning his name and reason for being created. He was called Voulverand, and the Magi created him to defend themselves against the Masters onslaught....

The sun falls and it gets dark as a village appears on the horizon.

"M'love, this is a good village to stop for the night, walking has made me tired, and I need a break from story telling. Besides I have a few things I need to grab while we are here."

*Entering the Tavern, Dargodda gets a room for him and Luministra, then heads off to visit his brother while Luministra sleeps in the room.

While visiting his brother he acquires from him some special family items fit into a Magical bag of holding.
A Ring of Gold with Silver vines intertwined around it.
Voulverand's battle armor
The armor that used to belong to The Shadow
Finally Dargodda personal Family crest which is an Arm bracer that helps him channel his power of time.

Returning to the tavern Dargodda slips into the room with (he hopes) not waking Luministra.*

Dargodda and Luministra head out of the Village early in the morning and Continue heading east.

"I hope you slept well M'love, we have much more traveling to go, and I hope to finish the story tonight as we are going to reach our destination tonight. The beach is a good 4 days walking distance, but I have conferred with Voulverand and he has agreed to let us both ride him as he sprints to our destination. He too, feels the danger is to much for us to tarry in one area to long."

As Voulverand and I traveled back to the master, He grow at a predominately large speed, by the time we traveled half the distance to the master, he was as big as he is now.

As I made my way back to the master I caught another rumor, this one telling that four of the Masters best generals were about to strike a major town. They were said to have a few hundred warriors with them.

This wasn't a chance I could miss, I may not be able to take down hundreds of warriors, I count take down the generals and leave the warriors to the town guard.

Traversing to the town took me another three weeks, but when I arrived it was twilight and I saw a group of adventurers, around seven of them, moving toward a military camp. It appears that some local adventurers were attempting to defeat the warriors and defend the town themselves.

I planned to use this to my advantage, using the almost magic like skills of the shadow, I hid Voulverand and I in the shadows and followed the adventurers just a few feet behind.

The adventurers strike a side of the camp, the seven of them, killing a good 30 warriors before three generals appeared, did what I wanted of them. Having gotten the generals to leave the heart of the camp, I was prepared to strike before Gram mentally slapped me. "THREE!!!" he screamed at me. Realizing what he meant I looked around and saw, almost unnoticed, a man in black advancing toward the back of the adventurers, only a foot away from me.

Quickly drawing Gram, I eliminated the man with a surprise attack from behind. I, with the help of Voulverand quickly took down the the other three and proceeded to the Commanders camp, stealthily moving through the rest of the camp. Upon searching the camp I found a letter addressing one of the generals that all four of them are supposed to report to Bersh, the right hand to the Master to report how the attack went.

Using this knowledge I headed to the location, which I learned was atop a plateau with a sheer cliff on two sides with rapids at the bottom, a great place to force the enemy into a corner.

As I arrived at the meeting place, I saw Bersh walk forward, weapons drawn.
"Dargodda! You seem to have done my job for my, I was assigned the job of eliminating those generals for getting to strong and independent for there own good. But now it seems I shall have to upset the master by killing his Best assassin, and his newly found pet.

As I charged forward and felt the ferocity of his attack I realized he has magic defending him. Calling on Gram to help, I swung at his sword, a cut he could have dodged if he did not feel his magic would defend him. Severing the weave around his defenses I hamstrung him. But in doing so, I left myself open and was wounded badly across the back. As I feel toward the ground I saw him raise his blade to deal a final blow, Voulverand grappled him from the side, tumbling over the edge of the cliff they both fell over the edge. To what I thought was the death of both of them."

As the sun fell Voulverand slowed and burst through the treeline onto the beach. There was a brilliant Warship ahead, his family crest on the sail, and standing on the deck was Dargodda's younger brother Gher.

"Here we are M'love, The Master has not yet attempted to conquer the sea's, so we should be safe here for the moment."

Looks on in amazement

As Luminista stood next to Dargodda, before her was the grandest of Warships. On the deck.. Stood a young man. Luminista was a little scared to step onto the ship, water had always frightened her but with Dargodda by her side, she pushed her fears away. She was also uneasy around strangers and the young man was just that to her... strange. But he seemed to know Dargodda so he must be ok.

Dargodda, my love, Who is that young man on the deck?

suddenly her body shook, someone was watching her from afar, it was....., no..it couldnt be...not this far away he couldnt.... but yet he was, keeping an everso watchful eye on her and her movements

Dargodda, we must board quickly and set sail right away. He is watching me and from sea, he will loose sight of me. Please my love, lets leave NOW!!!

Shipping off

Dargodda Sweeps Luminstra into his arms and carries her aboard his family vessel

"Brother! Lets ship off before things get too dangerous."

Voulverand moves aboard uneasily and then Gher sets the boat adrift into the water, slowly picking up speed as Dargodda Carries Luminstra to a cabin below deck. Dargodda sets her upon the bed then goes to a desk and spreads out maps and charts

Dozes off

Luminista dozes off from the soft movement of the vessel rocking back and forth in the waves. As she sleeps, A nightmare plagued her once again.....

In a far away land, there stood Dargodda and Luminista, the land is baren and dying. A mighty battle had taken place there, with Luminista and Dargodda as the victors. But... the battle wasnt over.... as there he stood... in front of them both... and with a quick movement of his hand, Luminista was instantly trandsported next to him, she was quivering and squirming to get away but couldnt. He had reclaimed his possession. With another quick movement of his other hand, Dargodda was thrown miles away. Luminista screamed with all her might but couldnt make the sounds. She was frightened and alone, once again by the side of her master...................................

As Luminista layed in the bed, dreaming a nightmare, she tosses and turns, quivers and squirms. She was trying to regain her heart to help push the nightmare far away from her mind and as before..... gave one final large gasp of air before screaming again............... DAAARRRGGGOODDDDDAAAAAAAAAA!

Its ok

Dargodda has his arms around Luministra as she shakes in her nightmare.
Screaming out his name she awakes, covered in sweat

"Its OK M'love. He can't reach you here, whatever he is showing you is just an illusion. You are safe here, and soon he will be no more."

I know

laying in Dargodda's arms, trying to still the quivers

M'love, It seemed all to real, I was so scared and frightened. But I know in my heart that I am safe here with you and that soon we shall kill him. I need to go bathe, I must look awful, a lady should never be covered in sweat *she giggles*. Now, turn around while I change, but you may watch if you choose to *winks*. I care not either way.

Luminista grabs a small garment out of her bag and proceeds to change in to swimming attire. She thinks "is he watching? Is this to revealing at this point in our relationship?" The swim suit barely covers Luminista as she has not worn it in ages and she has grown a little. But it was from her mother and she could never part with it. She whispers a spell and soon the garment fits like a glove on her.

Im ready Dargodda, will you escort me to the deck? One more thing, as I asked before, Who was that on deck when we boarded? I have a feeling I have known him in my past.....

Gher

"Oh, that was my younger brother Gher, he is extremely skilled and has duel the master before. I am going to trust him with your safety."

Dargodda says this while escorting Luministra topside, not surprised that Gher is no where to be seen.

A brother????

Luminista never heard of anyone who had ties with the master to of had siblings. As she learns more of Dargodda and his past, the more she loves him.

Luminista walks over to the railing and dives into the water and swims a few laps around the vessel before returning to the deck.

Feeling refreshed and finally cleansed, she flips her head up and her hair flows like moonbeams after a slow rain. She quickly glances over at her love and sees him watching her every move, his eyes fixed on her wet body, but she felt a second pair of eyes on her also.

M'love, could you get me something to dry off with and fresh clothing from my bag? But do not look in the pouch.

Pouch?

Watches his love swim around, always anxious and watchful. The sea has many dangers in its water, if he looked away and something happened he could never forgive himself.

As Luministra finishes swimming, and she calls for something to dry with. Along with a warning about some pouch.. Dargodda heads below to get a towel, against his better judgment of leaving her there.

Once in the room, Dargodda quickly finds a cloth to use as a towel, and heads over to his desk, and gets out a piece of parchment. He scribbles a short note, and then rolls it up, and slips it in the band of the ring he brought and sets it in one of the drawers and turns to take the towel back, when he notices a pouch on the ground at the foot of the bed.

Dargodda contemplates opening, it looks harmless, but he feels that he should make sure Luministra is OK, Gher is strong and will protect her, but he doesn't have and reason to do so besides my request.

Dargodda swiftly grabs the cloth and heads topside to Luministra.....

Refreshed

Luminista takes the cloth and begins to dab the sea water from her body. She thinks "did he open the pouch? No.. I know he wouldn't since I asked him not to but did he think to do so? It would ruin the surprise if he had opened it." She can still feels another set of eyes watching her from within the shadows...could it be Dargodda's brother?

Luminista quickly dries off and puts the clean clothes on and heads back to the cabin to find her pouch, she needs to get the contents ready, everything needs to be perfect when she gives Dargodda the gift she bought back in town.

Luminista finishes getting it ready and sets it on the desk with a note to Dargodda - then summons Dargodda to the cabin and tells him there is a note on the desk along with the pouch for him. She quickly leaves the cabin but stands just outside the door and waits.

"To my Love Dargodda,

I present you to with this gift of my love for you. It symbolized my very soul, my life force. As you wear it our souls will become as one, intertwined for all times. If we ever get seperated, you will know my thoughts and feelings and even my exact location. Do me the honour of keeping(and wearing) my soul, my life force with you at all times M'love. I give it to you freely.

Love, with all my heart

Luminista

(A picture of the necklace that is in the pouch)

Time Posted: March 23 2009 11:54 pm EDT
Last updated: December 21 2009 03:31 am EST

Replies:

Add reply:
Subject:
Body: