Back to post list
Back a step

King_Simba

[+1] [-1]

Subject: The Ceremony by Saint Escorpia

ID: 268638

The Ceremony
Welcome All
That which is truly eternal is a binding of life and love. It is more than just flesh to flesh; it is mind to mind, feeling to feeling, soul to soul...in this world and the next.
We are here today to celebrate the marriage of King Simba and Queen Nala. They ask for your blessing, encouragement, and life long support for their decision to become husband, wife and family. Without family and friends beside them, in joy as well as sorrow, this new family will miss the greatest joys of life outside their own home. And that is to give and to receive love. To help and to be helped. To teach as well as to learn.
They are delighted that you have chosen to witness this, the most mystical of unions between a man and a woman.
Remember that this wedding is only a symbol, a celebration, a public recognition. This service is not magic. It will not create a relationship that does not already exist.
It is their marriage and not something created by the state or by religion - it is their's to define, their's to make real, theirs to live. Nothing I can say can make it anything more than what already exists in their hearts.
It is a time for tying a knot in the rope of their lives and saying: We will not slip backwards from there, but go forward together. It is a time for one thing of which they are certain - their love for one another and their desire for that love to last forever.
Others would ask at this time who gives this bride in marriage, but as a woman is not property to be bought or sold, given or taken, I ask simply if she comes of her own will and accord.
Queen Nala, is it true that you come of your own free will and accord?
Queen Nala, please join hands with King Simba and listen to that which I am about to say:
Above you are the stars, below you are the stones. As time passes, remember... Like a star should your love be constant, Like the earth should your love be firm. Let the powers of the mind and of the intellect guide you in your marriage, Let the powers of love and desire make you happy, and the strength of your dedication make you inseparable. Possess one another, yet be understanding. Have patience each with the other, For storms will come, but they will go quickly. Be free in giving of affection and of warmth; Have no fear, and let not the ways or words of the unenlightened give you unease, For the powers that be are with you, Now and always…
All things in Nature are circular. Night becomes day, day becomes night and night becomes day again.
The moon waxes and wanes and waxes again.
There is Spring, Summer, Autumn, Winter, and then the Spring returns.
As the seasons cycle, there is the cycle of Life, Death, and rebirth.
These are part of the Great Mysteries of Life.
(Exchanging of Rings and Vows)
A ring is an unbroken circle, a symbol of unity, of unending love, representative of this greater circle of life of which we all are spiritually a part of.
Queen Nala, do you carry with you this symbol of love and the circle of life?
Please place the ring on King Simbas left hand and repeat after me:
You cannot possess me, for i belong to myself. But while we both wish it, I give to you that which is mine to give.
You cannot command me, for I am a free person. But I shall serve you in those ways you require and the honeycomb will taste sweeter coming from my hand.
I pledge to you that yours will be the name I cry aloud in the night and the eyes into which I smile in the morning.
This is the vow I pledge to you, this is the union of equals.
King Simba, do you have with you a symbol of love and of the greater circle of life?
Please place the ring on Queen Nala’s left hand and repeat after me:
I pledge to you that you may partake first of my meal. I pledge to you my living and my dying, each equally in your care. I shall be a shield for your back, and you for mine.
I shall not slander you, nor you me. I shall honour you above all others, and when we quarrel, we shall do so in private, and tell no strangers our grievances.
This is the vow I make to you. This is the union of equals.

Queen Nala, take King Simba’s hands into your own, palms up, so you may see the gift that they are to you.

These are the hands that will countless times wipe the tears from your eyes: tears of sorrow and tears of joy.
These are the hands that will comfort you in illness, and hold you when fear or grief racks your mind.
These are the hands that will tenderly lift your chin and brush your cheek as they raise your face to look into his eyes: eyes that are filled completely with his eternal love for you.
King Simba, please hold Queen Nala's hands, palms up, where you may see the gift that they are to you.

These are the hands that are smooth, young, and carefree, that are holding yours on your wedding day, as she pledges her love and commitment to you all the days of her life.
These are the hands that will hold you in joy and excitement and hope.
These are the hands that will hold you tight as you struggle through difficult times. They are the hands that will comfort you when you are sick and console you when you are grieving.
These are the hands that will give you support as she encourages you to chase down your dreams. Together, everything you wish for can be realized.
Just as the rings are a symbol, likewise, this cord is a symbol of the lives you have chosen to lead together. It has been woven to symbolize the intertwining of your lives. Up until this moment you have been separated in thought, word and action. As this cord binds your hands together, so your lives become intertwined.
As the right hand is to the left hand, may you be forever one, sharing in all things, in love and loyalty, for all time to come.
King Simba, repeat after me:
I, King Simba, take you, Queen Nala, to my hand, my heart, and my spirit
Queen Nala, repeat after me:
I, Queen Nala, take you, King Simba, to my hand, my heart, and my spirit
Love one another, but make not a bond of love: Let it rather be a moving sea between the shores of your souls. Fill each other's cup but drink not from one cup. Give one another of your bread but eat not from the same loaf. Sing and dance together and be joyous, but let each of you be alone. Even as the strings of a lute are alone though they quiver with the same music. Give your hearts, but not into each other's keeping, For only the hand of Life can contain your hearts. And stand together yet not too near together: For even the pillars of the temple must stand apart, And the oak tree and the cypress grow not in each other's shadow. Remember that love gives nothing but itself. Love possesses not, nor would it be possessed, for love is sufficient unto love. And think not that you can direct the course of love. For love, if it finds you worthy, will direct your course."

Queen Nala and King Simba, today you have made a lifelong and eternal commitment to each other. Honor that commitment, honor each other, and for eternity you will find love and happiness in one another. Having joined in this sacred union, I may now pronounce you, King Simba and Queen Nala, as Husband and Wife. You may now kiss one another.

Now you will feel no rain, for each of you will be the shelter for each other. Now you will feel no cold, for each of you will be the warmth for the other. Now you are two persons, but only one life, between the two of you. Go now to your dwelling to enter into the days of your life together. And may your days be good and long upon the earth.

"Beannaich Beul" means Blessed Be

March 13 2009 03:51 pm MDT

THank you very much escorpia for your great efforts on this, may it be in the history of DW !

Time Posted: March 13 2009 06:03 pm EDT
Last updated: March 14 2009 08:08 am EDT

Replies:

Add reply:
Subject:
Body: